Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had trouble with their S4 DVD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else had trouble with their S4 DVD?

Ok, first off, I bought my S4 Atlantis DVD boxset today. When I brought it home, my first thought was "Huh... seems a bit packed". Upon trying to get the actual DVD case to come out of the slip, I couldn't. I tried shaking the box(bad idea in case the DVD's get scratched) which didn't work. I was forced to literally widen the sides of the box to get the actual case out (which it didn't budge at first.)

Anyone else had similar troubles with their Season4 DVD?

I have the old five-dish set of season 4 but I haven't had that problem with any of my other slimline stargate sets. Maybe if you encounter that problem again you could carefully open the back flap on the slipcase and push the cases out?
    "What's your situation?"
    "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

I just finished watching all of Seasn 4 on disk and didn't have any trouble with them. You may want to exchange the set you bought for another if you're having difficulty.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

No problem. Is the region1 or region 2 box set?

The only problem I found was the the midway episode had no commentary...but that's just me ranting.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Mine pixellated/stuttered a bit in the BAMSR title sequence but apart from that it was fine, didn't think it was worth getting a replacement just for that...

Comment

Ok, new funny thing with these DVDs for my region (4). Apart from the difficulty getting the case out of the main box(it's the inch-thick, not the wimpy slimline one), the last disc might've had a copying bug. What I mean is, they have a Continuum trailer on it, however, the S/GFX-inserted did not appear (2 such sequences with none of the insertions) AND, if you used subtitles to view that trailer, you'll see that they spelt O'Neill with only one L.

Comment

I know it's been a while since they've switched but I feel like complaining about it again anyway.

The move to slim packages was a horrible mistake and they are extremely flimsy. The little spines that hold the discs in the package tend to break VERY easily. I am probably one of the few people on here who doesn't own the whole series on DVD, I just record them to DVD+RW and I wish that I'd bought the SG-1 seasons when they were still in the heavy duty packages. I have many other various expenses so almost never have anything left over to get season sets.

All I have is both Stargate movies, Atlantis season 1, SG-1 seasons 6 and 7 in the heavy duty cases as they were bought a while back.

The rest, is DVD+RW until I can afford the DVD sets.

Personally, other than quality issues, I prefer my own recorded episodes as I don't have to waste 1-2 minutes with those anti piracy warnings and selecting what to watch.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Raven6666 View Post
                Ok, new funny thing with these DVDs for my region (4). Apart from the difficulty getting the case out of the main box(it's the inch-thick, not the wimpy slimline one), the last disc might've had a copying bug. What I mean is, they have a Continuum trailer on it, however, the S/GFX-inserted did not appear (2 such sequences with none of the insertions) AND, if you used subtitles to view that trailer, you'll see that they spelt O'Neill with only one L.
                I got the bigger packaging (to go with the rest of my collection of the same type) and noticed the same thing, the actual case was harder to get out of the cardboard-y bit compared with the other seasons' sets. And I noticed that with the continuum trailer on the last disc as well, I thought it was pretty funny though.

Comment

Working...
                X