This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea on Universe?

So many people have their fannies in a wad...but they shouldn't. Look at the series this way:
    1. People have been saying Atlantis seems a bit convient. When ever we are in trouble, we can be beamed up or saved by 304!
    2. People have been complaining that stories have been a too much like SG-1.

Now think about what SG: Universe is giving us. From what we know, it will be 'spaced based'. However... we also know we can't control the ship (nav wise). Which makes for boring fights, unless the ship can control itself and defend itself (I assume it can -- or maybe cloaked always? -- otherwise, how could it not be destroyed), which again makes for poor story.

My solution? And possibly how SGU will go about, the Destiny will serve as SGC of sorts, in space, and they can travel via stargate to any planet in the galaxy -- just like SG-1.

And there are other possible things that could happen, but the point is, at least one problem with "Stargate Atlantis" is solved. We are not so powerful, and we could face some pretty powerful bad guys -- with no real weapons.

However, expect new guns. Futuristic guns. Possible that they will be Atlantian weapons. Why? Where will they get bullets? Unless SGU is going to be a stealth-only show. Which wouldn't that be cool? Or not? But the point is, there is a lot of room for some cool effects, a lot of room for improvement, and it's sad that so many people are bashing it even before it comes out. I for one am looking forward to this. :-)

meh, i guess your right, but remember, the whole 'beam up' thing was created by the writers, the same writers who will be working on Universe, the same writers who have basically been killing the shows with unoriginal thinking, lack of ingenuity.
    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      meh, i guess your right, but remember, the whole 'beam up' thing was created by the writers, the same writers who will be working on Universe, the same writers who have basically been killing the shows with unoriginal thinking, lack of ingenuity.
      Wouldn't be so sure of that, at least in my opinion, because Season Four was hailed as one of the best seasons by far. And Season Five is looking smoking hot. So those same writers who were "killing the show" finally were getting it right, which means they should be able to do some wicked stuff with SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
        Wouldn't be so sure of that, at least in my opinion, because Season Four was hailed as one of the best seasons by far. And Season Five is looking smoking hot. So those same writers who were "killing the show" finally were getting it right, which means they should be able to do some wicked stuff with SGU.
        If they weren;t "killing the show" why did it get cancelled?
        Meh.

Comment

SGU, SGA and DVD movies can't all be produced at once. Something had to go if SGU was going to start and because MGM wanted to move forward with SGU Atlantis was canceled. I don't know why so many people seem to think quality had something to do with the show's cancellation. If quality had something to do with it shows such as Scrubs wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
            SGU, SGA and DVD movies can't all be produced at once. Something had to go if SGU was going to start and because MGM wanted to move forward with SGU Atlantis was canceled. I don't know why so many people seem to think quality had something to do with the show's cancellation. If quality had something to do with it shows such as Scrubs wouldn't exist.
            Scrubs is a great show, hence why it has an eighth season about to begin production. Some peeps dont appreciate it's brand of humour and storytelling, some do...

But the reason why SGU is taking over SGA is because the moneymakers wanted SGA movies to begin before the series got any more unpopular because of it's unoriginal storytelling and such.
            Meh.

Comment

I Never considered the fact that there will be no Asgard Beams or Earth Ships! This will lead to some great new ways of getting out of old situations and back up to the ship.

Since the Ancient ship is old do you think it will have Rings? and a new form of Jumper?
              Last edited by MechaThor; 04 September 2008, 04:58 AM.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                I Never considered the fact that their will be no Asgard Beams or Earth Ships! This will lead to some great new ways of getting out of old situations.

Since the Ancient ship is old do you think it will have Rings?
                It might even have..... doors!
                Meh.

Comment

It might even have..... doors!
                  What so you can walk out into the vacuum of Space and fall down to the Planets surface..... great Idea!
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

There's no gravity in space...

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                      There's no gravity in space...
                      Since when?

Comment

Could be for many reasons. Could be because it's the most DVRed show, and advertisers are pulling out, it could be because the writers/producers/mgm wanted to go on with SGU, wanted to make movies, and knew they couldn't make two movies and two tv series at the same time. Could be sci fi didn't want to fork money for two expensive tv series. Could be that its getting "unpopular", but then why...

Scrubs is a great show, hence why it has an eighth season about to begin production. Some peeps dont appreciate it's brand of humour and storytelling, some do...

But the reason why SGU is taking over SGA is because the moneymakers wanted SGA movies to begin before the series got any more unpopular because of it's unoriginal storytelling and such.
                        ...did it win the People's Choice Award (Season Four)? And since it did when the PCA, there is no way Sci Fi thinks it's a "unpopular show". Nor MGM.
                        And when did Five Seasons become a sign of an "unpopular show"? In fact, judging by how many people are angry and are in outrage that it's "being canceled" when its not really, just going to movies, is a good sign that people hate this show, right? Nope! That usually means the show itself is doing GOOD. And Star Trek Enterprise last like, what, three seasons? That was an unsuccessful show. Buffy lasted five seasons on one station, and that was by far no unsuccesful show. SG-1 lasted on on station (showtime) for about what, five seasons? Yea, thats an unsuccesful show. And Star Trek Next Generation last seven seasons, which is by far one of the most popular Star Trek shows, and..oh my gosh! SGA, which is the seccessor to a ten year show, last five seasons, just two seasons short. Wow...thats a big unsuccessful, unpopular show.

However, *sarcasm*, since it is an unpopular show, like you obviously believe, MGM and Sci Fi both believe it's the right thing not to cancel the show (Atlantis) but move it to the movies, where you can waste more time and money. And they both think it's a good idea to give the same writers a chance to waste more money, so they gave a green light to make an even more expensive show, oh and told them to go ahead and have it all done by next summer. Yea...thats what they did.

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        I Never considered the fact that there will be no Asgard Beams or Earth Ships! This will lead to some great new ways of getting out of old situations and back up to the ship.

Since the Ancient ship is old do you think it will have Rings? and a new form of Jumper?
                        Yes, I think it will have rings. And yes, I think it will have some sort of Jumper. And yes, to answer a question that wasn't asked, i think it will have some sort of guns or weapons for the teams to take off-world.

And I know! I think so many people hear "another uber powerful ship" and they just think the show is going to end up like Atlantis, that the big ship can come in and save the day. Thats not the case. In fact, the big powerful ship will more then likely leave people behind. And its because of that, I believe this show could last for a good while; you could always switch up the characterts, could always switch up the bad guys. I mean...this one show could be many shows in one.

Comment

^^^ by any more unpopular, i meant that the show would have become unpopular given a 6th or 7th season, because of the terrible storylines and wat not. But nice sarcasm, you just made yourself look like an idiot, but watevs, thats just you
                          Meh.

Comment

Ok so they cant get back to earth at all or anything right? So does that also mean earth cant get to them? What I mean by this is earth most of had some power source to activate the ninth cheveron, therefore could they not activate it again and send supplies or more man power?
                            I may be completly off mark here, just throwing out an idea.

Comment

^^^ by any more unpopular, i meant that the show would have become unpopular given a 6th or 7th season, because of the terrible storylines and wat not. But nice sarcasm, you just made yourself look like an idiot, but watevs, thats just you
                              Season's 4 and 5 of Atlantis have seen better writing by far than any previous seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X