This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori galaxy and 9th chevron.

Could it be that the use of the 9th chevron will be discovered in the Ori galaxy.

It would make sense to think that the Ancients sent the Destiny off to create gates ahead of them before they left their home galaxy.

It's possible...but, um, how would we get there? Is the Supergate still active...? Would make for a good two-hour episode though!

Comment

Doubt it.

In AoT, designs for a Stargate are seen in the notebook of the guy who built the Ark, and he mentions a new idea he's had (ie. the Stargate), so they didn't build any gates until they'd left their home galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Doubt it.

In AoT, designs for a Stargate are seen in the notebook of the guy who built the Ark, and he mentions a new idea he's had (ie. the Stargate), so they didn't build any gates until they'd left their home galaxy.
        Well, we always assumed the idea was about Stargates. Of course, they idea could have been about Destiny and it's mission -- the notebook just meant to through us off and make us talk. Who knows, but I'm not completely convinced this is true, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          Doubt it.

that bit i didn't like in Aot, if staragtes were built after the alterans left the ori galaxy, how did the ori get stargates to send priors and supergates through.
          Last edited by stargatefan234; 03 September 2008, 03:54 AM.
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            that bit i didn't like in Aot, if staragtes were built after the alterans left the ori galaxy, how did the ori get stargates to send priors and supergates through.
            They gained the knowledge of how to build them after they ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post

well, after they discovered that daniel and vala were not from their galaxy, they sent an ori to the milky way and while there he noticed that there were stargates on every planet so they went home and built one or the ori could have wisked one away from the milky way galaxy for their own use.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

It would make sense to think that the Ancients sent the Destiny off to create gates ahead of them before they left their home galaxy.
                Not really. First of all, it should be noted that the Alterans were NOT the Ancients. They were their ancestors, but a lot of things changes in several million years. Judging from the clothes they wore I'd say they can't have been much more advanced than the Tollan.

Though the Tollan probably had to learn how to build a Stargate from the Nox, they did have the technology at their disposal to build one. And they probably didn't have the technology to build Stargates only because there weren't any need in researching how to build Stargates when the galaxy is full of them. So the Alterans inventing the Stargates when they were about as advanced as the Tollan may not be as incredible as it sounds like. As for the Ark of Truth, the Goa'uld have their own types of brain-washing technologies.

It's narrow-minded to assume that the Alterans, and their descendants, were the only ones to ever invent Stargates. That's like assuming we humans are the only race to have invented cars. We know that when the Alterans left the Ori soldiers wore armour and wielded swords. But they couldn't have ascended if they never advanced past that.

So, either their religion grew milder for a period, allowing them to advance into a space age, or the way the Alterans departed made them modify their religion slightly, enough so that it allowed technological advancements. The Ori seeded humans on many different worlds, according to The Ark of Truth, so they must have built a Stargate system. I don't think Ring transporters can take you across the galaxy.

Comment

I think that they were just as advanced as the altarians were so in time they could have created the stargates but they did also ascend so i bet that help alot with the coping....
                  sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Originally posted by SGAtlantisP60 View Post
                    I think that they were just as advanced as the altarians were so in time they could have created the stargates but they did also ascend so i bet that help alot with the coping....
                    They weren't, they weren't technological like the Ancients.

Comment

Well I am not sure if I am agreeing or disagreeing but:

The Alterrans and the Ori were pretty much the same race.

I don't think you assume how advanced they were and compare them to the Tollan level (though I can not really say what ball park of technological advancement they are at). and especially not based upon their clothes. No one says the race from One False Step are as smart as the Asgard based on the clothes (or lack therof).

But i digress-I don't remember seeing a stargate in the Ori galaxy and I assume almost all travel is done by ships designed by the Ori. The only form of transport were the rings that instantly connect to Celestus (sp?) (the Ori capital). Also the transporters that the ships laid down for troops to teleport down.
                      The Ori with their ascended powers probably just created portals through which priors entered wormholes reaching our galaxy. With added intel they may have just created a supergate on both ends (with black holes to power them).
                      ie. the staff the prior holds can create a wormhole without a gate. But we did not see this in our galaxy because maybe the Ori need to directly intervene which is not possible while they are in their own galaxy.

Comment

The Ori were like the Amish, they lived at a medieval type level according to Rob Cooper.

Comment

the ori used spiritual ascention, and ascended, thus becoming advanced

Comment

I very much doubt we will be seeing the ori or their home galaxy again anytime soon!

Comment

Working...
                            X