X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN (Australia) Interview with Joe Flanigan

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/906/906951p1.html

AU: Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Comes to DVD
    Joe Flanigan talks with us about the series.
    by Oscar Hillerstrom, IGN AU

Australia, September 2, 2008 - As far as heroes come, they don't come any more straight forward than Stargate: Atlantis' Colonel John Sheppard, as played by Joe Flanigan. Cool in a crisis, dry of wit, resourceful, yet ultimately, just an ordinary guy, he's a charming chap who's never going to leave a team member behind, and will never give up, no matter the odds.

The one thing that strikes you as odd when you meet the actor who plays Sheppard is that either he's the perfect actor, or he's perfectly cast, because he seems to have the easy, heroic charm of a man who's looked death in the face, made a sarcastic and rather wry quip, and then gone on to save the world and himself anyway. It's quite an unnerving quality, but it's something that doesn't take long to get used to, and before long you're yapping away like chums discussing a hard day at the office – or in his case, a hard day fighting off The Wraith, Replicators and all manner of intergalactic foe that threaten Atlantis on a daily basis.

We chatted with him about Season 4 (which comes out this week on DVD) and a little bit on Season 5.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Originally posted by prion View Post
    http://dvd.ign.com/articles/906/906951p1.html

AU: Stargate Atlantis Season 4 Comes to DVD
    Joe Flanigan talks with us about the series.
    by Oscar Hillerstrom, IGN AU

Australia, September 2, 2008 - As far as heroes come, they don't come any more straight forward than Stargate: Atlantis' Colonel John Sheppard, as played by Joe Flanigan. Cool in a crisis, dry of wit, resourceful, yet ultimately, just an ordinary guy, he's a charming chap who's never going to leave a team member behind, and will never give up, no matter the odds.

The one thing that strikes you as odd when you meet the actor who plays Sheppard is that either he's the perfect actor, or he's perfectly cast, because he seems to have the easy, heroic charm of a man who's looked death in the face, made a sarcastic and rather wry quip, and then gone on to save the world and himself anyway. It's quite an unnerving quality, but it's something that doesn't take long to get used to, and before long you're yapping away like chums discussing a hard day at the office – or in his case, a hard day fighting off The Wraith, Replicators and all manner of intergalactic foe that threaten Atlantis on a daily basis.

We chatted with him about Season 4 (which comes out this week on DVD) and a little bit on Season 5.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
    Thanks. Great interview.

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
      Thanks. Great interview.

you're welcome. thank google news for popping up that link

Comment

AWESOME! Thanks!

Best Quote:

Spoiler:
        JF: "I don't watch Reality TV – it frightens me to the depths of my soul."

I love JF.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I was hoping this would be something new but I read this interview a month ago on another site, the actual Q&A is word for word the same.

Thanks for posting anyway prion.

Comment

Working...
          X