X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients theory

Possible spoilers to the ancients plot and assencion

Ok this maybe just me but I have an interesting theory about why humans evolved twice as noted in beginning of season 6. Season 6 sparked something in my mind that I later remembered was the plot to mission to mars. Anyone seen it? Well the basic story is an ancient race lived on Mars long before life on earth and they were quite high in technology. Mars was hit by a meteor and it's climate was changed to that we see today. They left clues behind for humans to learn about why they evolved

Eventually humans find that all the aliens escaped to a new home and they seeded earth to leave something behind. I think the ancients facing this terrible plague left behind a means to which humans would avolve again while they either died out or accended what do you guys think

{Possible spoilers contained in this post}

That's a good theory. I like the Ancients. I think they're great. I'd like perhaps SG-1 to visit a planet with nobody that lives there but things happen and they discover there are Ancients there alive and well. Perhaps even talk to one with a response!
    __

__

Comment

don't forget the 'others' won't do anything
      probably like the star trek prime directive thing

Comment

Thats a good idea...
        Hopefully TPTB will touch on the subject some time in season 8 I would love to find out the explanation for humans evolving twice....

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I want to see an Ancient/Ascended show off their full power. I imagine it would be quite amazing......considering what Daniel said he was going to do.
          "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

{SPOILERS SEASON 6}

Probably the same thing would happen to that ancient that happend to Daniel, being descended

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
              {SPOILERS SEASON 6}

Probably the same thing would happen to that ancient that happend to Daniel, being descended
              possibly, but it depends on the circumstances, if its condoned by the "others" than maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                I want to see an Ancient/Ascended show off their full power. I imagine it would be quite amazing......considering what Daniel said he was going to do.
                We HAVE seen it. Oma kicked some fairly serious butt in Maternal Instinct in the third season.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
                  We HAVE seen it. Oma kicked some fairly serious butt in Maternal Instinct in the third season.
                  she hit some jaffa with lightning bolts. while impressive its not something that cant be done by non ascended people. In "demons" that guy had the ring to call lightning bolts down. and any advanced race that could make energy weapons could probably make a weapon that would shoot energy in the form of lightning.

Comment

Is there any way to access the old Delphi forum archives? There was a fairly fruitful discussion of this topic there.

In that old discussion, I put forward the theory that the Ancients left a kind of genetic key in a wide range of lifeforms, said key becoming active only once a certain stage of evolution had been reached. When a particular family of mammals hit the right stage, they began to move towards the Ancients' form, and at a later time some developed the ability to interface with Ancient technology (such as Jack).
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Indeed and Major Shepard in Atlantis
                      Who knows what their next evolutionary stage they would go through

Comment

Well maybe, i dont know , the ancients had the same problem as the asghard , and they then maybe genetacly (mispelled wrong) engineered themselves , but a couple of million years ago , they wanted someone to take over their place , maybe they moved out of the universe because they did not want to interfere in any way with any of the races..........

Comment

Originally posted by Teendragon
                          Well maybe, i dont know , the ancients had the same problem as the asghard , and they then maybe genetacly (mispelled wrong) engineered themselves , but a couple of million years ago , they wanted someone to take over their place , maybe they moved out of the universe because they did not want to interfere in any way with any of the races..........
                          they didn't move out of the galaxy, they ascended, so technically they are still here just on another plane of existence. and they did so because they were all dying off from a plague that was sweeping the galaxy

Comment

No they were most likley wept out by a plague as noted in "window of oppertunity

Comment

So do you guys think the furling joined the Ancients?
                              They have to be pretty cute and fuzzy to make that technology in season 6 to hide themselves ... well kinda

Comment

Working...
                              X