PDA

View Full Version : SGU and Earth Ships

McSwift
September 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM
I hear that SGU will have more spaced based battles. Will that mean that we'll see our Earth Ships involved in some way?

Perhaps Daedalus (304) class, or the Phoenix (305) class?

Also, the whole idea of the destiny blows ass. Why not do a show based on the Supergate. F-ers.

thekillman
September 2nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
the phoenix is a 304, not a 305

robthewizz
September 2nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi according to wikipedia nothing can return though the stargate back to the SGC

Quote from http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/

The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

This tends to suggest that there won't be any earth ships there, because if there was then they would be able to return to Earth.

GhostPoet
September 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM
I think the basic direction the writers are going for this show is.. "Earth? What's that?"

s09119
September 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM
If I see a single Asgard wank!beam I'll switch it off then and there...

Zalenka
September 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I hope the 304s don't appear, well maybe on the rarest of occasions.

I hope SG-U has lots of basic gun toting action. machine guns and stuff.

Blistna
September 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM

I do believe the idea is make it impossible for that. And since we can't control Destiny (nav. wise), fighting would be a bit senseless. So...yea

Jack_Bauer
September 2nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
I hear that SGU will have more spaced based battles. Will that mean that we'll see our Earth Ships involved in some way?

Perhaps Daedalus (304) class, or the Phoenix (305) class?

Also, the whole idea of the destiny blows ass. Why not do a show based on the Supergate. F-ers.

The show isn't based on the Supergate...

Miroslav
September 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
I would like to see USS Voyager in the series. :D

ciannwn
September 4th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I would like to see USS Voyager in the series. :D

How about 'Jupiter 2'? The ghastly Doctor Smith could become the show's main baddie and all the female crew members of the Destiny could adopt outfits like the two shown on the left of this pic -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lost_In_Space.jpg

On second thoughts, perhaps not. :D

Phantom6
September 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hi according to wikipedia nothing can return though the stargate back to the SGC

Quote from http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/

This tends to suggest that there won't be any earth ships there, because if there was then they would be able to return to Earth.

Unless they use the Ori supergate and take a 304 through. Which happens to be able to dock perfectly with the Destiny.

the fifth man
September 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I think the basic direction the writers are going for this show is.. "Earth? What's that?"

That does seem to be the case.

stevieg
September 5th, 2008, 09:26 AM

i shouldnt think so,from what ive been able to pick up the team that enters the destiny are a recon team and if that is the case they would only have 4-5 magazines each so (hopefully) we will see some kick ass ancient weaponry

ciannwn
September 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
(hopefully) we will see some kick ass ancient weaponry

After seeing some of the Ancients' attempts at kick ass weaponry such as the exploding tumour machine I don't feel too optimistic about the Destiny crew's chances. :(

stevieg
September 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM
After seeing some of the Ancients' attempts at kick ass weaponry such as the exploding tumour machine I don't feel too optimistic about the Destiny crew's chances. :(
i meant in the form or personnel weapons,ancient stunners and the rifle equivalent

_Famrir_
September 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM
i meant in the form or personnel weapons,ancient stunners and the rifle equivalent

i thnk the ancient use staff weapons since the goauld and ori use them

jelgate
September 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Um no. We saw the Ancinet weapons in Aurora.

MartianManhunter
September 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
i shouldnt think so,from what ive been able to pick up the team that enters the destiny are a recon team and if that is the case they would only have 4-5 magazines each so (hopefully) we will see some kick ass ancient weaponry

"Sigh" We can only hope...

Jack_Bauer
September 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM

those little handheld things? yeah your right, but for all we know, they could have been the ANcient equivlent of the ZAT.

Ackeb
September 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Source?

ciannwn
September 6th, 2008, 01:02 AM

That was millions of years after the Destiny was built. SGU could have all kinds of things we've never seen before with the different time periods being used as an explanation for design changes.

stevieg
September 7th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Source?
which part the 1st or 2nd

ahh well its an uncharted ship with untold dangers so it should only be a recon team that is sent

and for the same reason as before the ancients would gate to the destiny in a region of space they wouldnt know anything about and so they would need or want weapons to protect themselves agains foreign invaders

freyr's mother
September 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Chances are that we'll require a zpm to gate to the Destiny. Where do you think it will come from?

tris 99
September 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
The writers will come up with something . . . a magic Asguard ZPM fairy perhaps

The_reaper
September 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
In the AOT Carter mentions the odyssey's ZPM Maybe they use that to power the gate.

SGAtlantisP60
September 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
well it depends on the enemy and they if its an ancient warship than it will deff have a chair room with drones and jumpers... they won't evan need f-304's cause a jumper is better u don't evan need to use a computer to fly one just ur mind but the bad thing is that u need the ancient gene and the drug that gives u it that is only 50% effective