This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU and Earth Ships

I hear that SGU will have more spaced based battles. Will that mean that we'll see our Earth Ships involved in some way?

Perhaps Daedalus (304) class, or the Phoenix (305) class?

Also, the whole idea of the destiny blows ass. Why not do a show based on the Supergate. F-ers.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

the phoenix is a 304, not a 305

Comment

Hi according to wikipedia nothing can return though the stargate back to the SGC

Quote from http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/
      The crew will travel to the far reaches of the universe, connecting with each of the previously launched Stargates, thus fulfilling the Destiny's original mission. Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule. If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.
      This tends to suggest that there won't be any earth ships there, because if there was then they would be able to return to Earth.

Comment

I think the basic direction the writers are going for this show is.. "Earth? What's that?"
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

If I see a single Asgard wank!beam I'll switch it off then and there...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I hope the 304s don't appear, well maybe on the rarest of occasions.

I hope SG-U has lots of basic gun toting action. machine guns and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post

I do believe the idea is make it impossible for that. And since we can't control Destiny (nav. wise), fighting would be a bit senseless. So...yea

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                I hear that SGU will have more spaced based battles. Will that mean that we'll see our Earth Ships involved in some way?

Perhaps Daedalus (304) class, or the Phoenix (305) class?

Also, the whole idea of the destiny blows ass. Why not do a show based on the Supergate. F-ers.
                The show isn't based on the Supergate...
                Meh.

Comment

I would like to see USS Voyager in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroslav View Post
                    I would like to see USS Voyager in the series.
                    How about 'Jupiter 2'? The ghastly Doctor Smith could become the show's main baddie and all the female crew members of the Destiny could adopt outfits like the two shown on the left of this pic -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lost_In_Space.jpg

On second thoughts, perhaps not.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robthewizz View Post
                      Hi according to wikipedia nothing can return though the stargate back to the SGC

Quote from http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/

This tends to suggest that there won't be any earth ships there, because if there was then they would be able to return to Earth.
                      Unless they use the Ori supergate and take a 304 through. Which happens to be able to dock perfectly with the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                        I think the basic direction the writers are going for this show is.. "Earth? What's that?"
                        That does seem to be the case.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post

i shouldnt think so,from what ive been able to pick up the team that enters the destiny are a recon team and if that is the case they would only have 4-5 magazines each so (hopefully) we will see some kick ass ancient weaponry

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg View Post
                            (hopefully) we will see some kick ass ancient weaponry
                            After seeing some of the Ancients' attempts at kick ass weaponry such as the exploding tumour machine I don't feel too optimistic about the Destiny crew's chances.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              After seeing some of the Ancients' attempts at kick ass weaponry such as the exploding tumour machine I don't feel too optimistic about the Destiny crew's chances.
                              i meant in the form or personnel weapons,ancient stunners and the rifle equivalent

Comment

Working...
                              X