This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Stargate Destiny?

Yes, why not Stargate Destiny? Sounds much better and appropriate than Stargate Universe, imo.

Thoughts?
    sigpic

I prefer SGU.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Because, well, it just sounds awful.

Comment

sgu sounds better than sgd

Comment

Because "Stargate Destiny" would be a romance novel in television form and "Stargate Universe" would actually have enough cred (name wise) to not be laughed off the air.
          I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

^ Isn't that what SciFi wants?

Stargate Destiny makes more sense, imo. The series will be based on a ship called Destiny, and the very existence of the show was destined to happen given all the crap that transpired on SGA

I don't know. Stargate Universe sounds pretty ridiculous and elusive to me. I think some people got used to it because the name has been around for some time. Isn't SGU a provisional name?
            sigpic

Comment

No. I can say that Universe sounds better than Destiny. From the moment I saw Stargate Destiny it sounded like a sci-fi romance story.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Oops, now I know why they can't do it:

http://sg-universe.net/sgd/

Too many similarities for my liking, if you ask me

Edit: Oh yeah, and the site's name is SG Universe. Sweet.
                Last edited by Stormtrooper; 02 September 2008, 11:54 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  Yes, why not Stargate Destiny? Sounds much better and appropriate than Stargate Universe, imo.

Thoughts?
                  I think they sound equally as cheesy as each other. They should really leave it to someone in marketing to choose the name, the producers always come up with something that sounds stupid. Ark of Truth? Continuum? Meh. The trouble is when you first hear you think "that's a crap name" but then after a while you get used to it, and it doesn't sound that bad. I think that's why these cheeseball titles see the light of day...

Comment

Could be crazy, but wasn't there a "Stargate Destiny" fan-series? They wouldn't want to confuse their baby with someone else's.

Comment

See the post two posts above yours.
                      I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I thought "Stargate Universe" was originally intended as a temporary title until TPTB think of something better. Guess that didn't work out as well as they hoped...
                        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                          Stargate Destiny makes more sense, imo. The series will be based on a ship called Destiny, and the very existence of the show was destined to happen given all the crap that transpired on SGA

I don't know. Stargate Universe sounds pretty ridiculous and elusive to me. I think some people got used to it because the name has been around for some time. Isn't SGU a provisional name?
                          It is a ship based show, not a show based on a ship. Yes they are on the ship, but they will be exploring the universe.

Comment

ppl are so used to Universe, that anything else doesn't sound that appealing...

SGD is more logical than Universe:
                            1. it takes place on/involves the Destiny (so it would be just like SG Atlantis)
                            2. the show would deal with the failure of the Alterans to reach their full destiny
                            3. it can also deal with Earth's fulfillment of our destiny: surpassing the ancients... which is the destiny of every child - to surpass their parents
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                              ppl are so used to Universe, that anything else doesn't sound that appealing...

SGD is more logical than Universe:
                              1. it takes place on/involves the Destiny (so it would be just like SG Atlantis)
                              2. the show would deal with the failure of the Alterans to reach their full destiny
                              3. it can also deal with Earth's fulfillment of our destiny: surpassing the ancients... which is the destiny of every child - to surpass their parents
                              Not sure the ancients saw seeding the whole universe as their destiny, the acquirement of all knowledge through ascension was maybe higher up the list for them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X