PDA

View Full Version : How long will SG:U Last?

Homer 120
September 2nd, 2008, 06:52 AM
Any speculations on how long SG:U will last? My guess, is either 3 - 5 seasons.

flynn1959
September 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Two seasons...tops!

Hypochondriac
September 2nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
I can't speculate without watching the pilot and a few more episodes? I was surprised that Atlantis got renewed for a season 5 though. I was expecting season 4 to be it's last.

Insipid
September 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
100 episodes, for that sweet syndication cash.

Major_Griff
September 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
If it gets to a third season, I guarantee it will make it to a fifth season. At 60 eps they'll see the 100th coming on the horizon and keep it on air until it gets there. Its what they did with SG-1 and SGA except with SG-1 it was 200, but same basic thing.

jaytan
September 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
If it's anything like how it's being described, it'll be lucky to survive the first season.

leeman15251
September 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I think it will last for 5 seasons.

stargatefan234
September 3rd, 2008, 03:38 AM

just long enough for it to get popular, and then they cancel it and make SGU movies

Jeff O'Connor
September 3rd, 2008, 06:11 AM
Five seasons. One hundred episodes. Exactly.

Jack_Bauer
September 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
3 episodes, then cancelled

jenks
September 3rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
3 episodes, then cancelled

And you honestly think that?

Jack_Bauer
September 3rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
And you honestly think that?

Well three episodes before it gets moved to 11-12pm timeslot, or worst still 12-1am timeslot

Constanza
September 3rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
just long enough for it to get popular, and then they cancel it and make SGU movies
LOL!
Well, I’m too bad with guessing… but I’m willing to give the show a chance (I hope it is not disappointing).

NIMBUS
September 3rd, 2008, 08:37 AM
well you ppl are very pessimistic... i think it will do fine... and that it wont stop at 100th ep. imo the ppl in charge will see that it's no right and won't cancel it plus they want to keep 1 serial live at all times and it won't be possible without another spinoff which they won't have (im guessing but im pretty sure that sgu will be last serial of sg franchise)

jelgate
September 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Such a prediction can't be made until I'v seen or heard some concrete details about the Pilot

Buck32
September 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM

I give it one season.

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I'll go with 3 - 5 seasons.

Blistna
September 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'll go with whatever the heck MGM says.

Major_Griff
September 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
The people who think that SGU won't make it past the first season aren't considering the fact that SGU will have new viewers just like SGA did. When SGA came out there were several people who started watching it despite having never watched SG-1. Some SG-1 fans watched and some didn't but the new fans and the old fans combined to make enough viewers for the show to last. Now you're gonna have some just SG-1 fans who watch some just SGA fans that watch, and some both fans that watch, plus new fans. So SGU will definitely make it more than one season if it is not complete crap, like Flash Gordon type crap.

The Prophet
September 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
The people who think that SGU won't make it past the first season aren't considering the fact that SGU will have new viewers just like SGA did. When SGA came out there were several people who started watching it despite having never watched SG-1. Some SG-1 fans watched and some didn't but the new fans and the old fans combined to make enough viewers for the show to last. Now you're gonna have some just SG-1 fans who watch some just SGA fans that watch, and some both fans that watch, plus new fans. So SGU will definitely make it more than one season if it is not complete crap, like Flash Gordon type crap.

Basically; you're being replaced; they can do that now xD

Phantom6
September 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Two seasons then half of the third.

Major_Griff
September 4th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Two seasons then half of the third.

Scifi isn't in the habit of canceling shows mid season like the networks do.

Blistna
September 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Well, SG-1 lasted five seasons on each network, Atlantis five seasons on one network, and Universe might follow the same pattern.

Of course, it might last longer :-) Who knows!

jckfan55
September 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM

13 episodes.

jelgate
September 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Doubtful. SciFi has a habbit of making a season 20 episodes

stevencastelein
September 6th, 2008, 06:09 AM
well i'd say at least 5 seasons and in the same timeslot as atlantis now is or earlier since they want the show to be watched by a younger audience as well

Blistna
September 6th, 2008, 07:36 AM
well i'd say at least 5 seasons and in the same timeslot as atlantis now is or earlier since they want the show to be watched by a younger audience as well

I don't think they mean children. I think they mean high school and college age kids, because truthfully a lot of people started watching SG in their teens and now they are in their thirties or forties. Which means thats SG-1's "target audience". I think since Season 9 they been looking for a younger audience, and same with Atlantis, but maybe they aren't comletely sastified. I don't think they will make a big budget show for little kids.

And teenagers stay up on friday nights anyway, so yea. :-D

Slyke
September 6th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Teenagers stay up Friday nights. But I bet they aren't at home =p.

Xylian
September 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Oh, but I bet I'm at home! And my friends. Happily watching stargate just as it is!

Mathieas
September 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM
either 1 season or 5.

Xylian
September 6th, 2008, 11:06 AM
well you ppl are very pessimistic... i think it will do fine... and that it wont stop at 100th ep. imo the ppl in charge will see that it's no right and won't cancel it plus they want to keep 1 serial live at all times and it won't be possible without another spinoff which they won't have (im guessing but im pretty sure that sgu will be last serial of sg franchise)

Why do you think SGU will be the last stargate show? I believe stargate will be around as long as Star Trek. Then again...

SGAsgard
September 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
IF SG-1 AND ATLANTIS ARE ANY STEPING STONE...

10 YRS SG-1

5 YRS SGA

2.5-3 YRS SGU

followed by

1-2 YRS SG:?

:bow:

prion
September 6th, 2008, 02:57 PM
they should actually plan for 3 seasons. that way, they can write to a conclusion of some sort, otherwise, they'll just retread SG1 and SGA episodes (oh, I'm sure they will).

The SG franchise is only going to last so long, just like Trek, which was a much bigger franchise. when I mention trek, even someone who doesn't watch it knows what it is. they go 'huh?' if I mention stargate, so it has a much smaller audience.

JohnDuh
September 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Well three episodes before it gets moved to 11-12pm timeslot, or worst still 12-1am timeslot

Will never happen.
Will get at least one season. The bar for this franchise is very low, it is unlikely they won't make it.

Jack_Bauer
September 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Will never happen.
Will get at least one season. The bar for this franchise is very low, it is unlikely they won't make it.

The bar is set very low? Why. SGU's big brother and sister lasted 10 and 5 years/seasons. I'd say thats a lot to live up to...

Blistna
September 6th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Thats why SG Atlantis is the most DVR show. Muahahaha

Korean_Turtle87
September 6th, 2008, 06:45 PM
SG-1 lasted 10. SGA lasted 5. So mathematically, SGU will end at the 10th episode of season 2!

janiecat
September 6th, 2008, 08:34 PM
they should actually plan for 3 seasons. that way, they can write to a conclusion of some sort, otherwise, they'll just retread SG1 and SGA episodes (oh, I'm sure they will).

The SG franchise is only going to last so long, just like Trek, which was a much bigger franchise. when I mention trek, even someone who doesn't watch it knows what it is. they go 'huh?' if I mention stargate, so it has a much smaller audience.

Trek is still around and is a bigger franchise because it has a bigger audience. Don't get me wrong, I love Stargate, but the franchise seems married to the Sci Fi channel, which has a relatively small viewing base. Trek *always* reached a wider audience and it spanned a longer swath of time. Decades longer. Plus, Trek has managed 10 cinematic big screen motion films and is debuting another one next year which is causing alot of mainstream media buzz, something which has eluded the Stargate franchise since it's initial movie debut. Stargate is in infancy compared to the Trek franchise. Stargate has been around what? 12 years on TV compared to Trek, which has been on TV in one form or another (including re-runs) since 1966.

So unless TPTB start writing with a bit more vision and a view to the future, I'm not sure I'd give SG:U much more than 2 seasons.

stargatefan234
September 7th, 2008, 04:38 AM
If Sci Fi and The Production team get it right: 5 - 10 Seasons
If one of them messes up: Not even a whole season

Wardog117
September 11th, 2008, 01:55 PM
4 seasons.

They will think of cancelling it after 3. Like Enterprise, it will get a massive fan protest, continuing 1 more season.

quade_1
September 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I would say 6 or 7 seasons. The did so well with SG-1 they thought they could get away with letting the writing slip. They made mistakes with Atlantis and have hopefully learned from them. I could easily see SGU surpasing the 5th season mark. They are going to already have a fanbase of SG-1/Atlantis/BSG/Voyager and not including fans of the unnamed big actor to star in the show.

mattyg1987
September 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Regardless of how amazingly good or bad it is, I would give it 3 maybe 4 seasons before Sci-fi cancel it.

IratusFarm
September 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think we should be pessimistic just yet. Just because Atlantis and most spinoffs don't do as well as the originals doesn't mean it's going to suck. Provided...

The writers and producers don't dig a big hole for themselves like they did for atlantis. What I mean by this is creating an enemy that apparently only has basic survival instincts like the wraith. This eventually created a dead end for the show, it has nowhere else to go storywise. What they could have done to avoid this was to introduce a better understanding of wraith society from the second season on. This would have allowed the writers basis for episodes like SG-1's reckoning part 1 and 2 for example. To build up to such epic proportions you need an enemy that's not so one dimensional. The wraith are just like annoying gnats you need to swat from time to time.

And it won't hurt to make characters and their interactions similar to SG-1 at least SG-1 version 2.0, I like Mitchell:cameron: and Vala:vala:. I wouldn't mind because let's face it, it works! If it ain't broke...
Sheppard:sheppard: is an awesome character but his team doesn't really complement him very well, not the way Daniel, Teal'c and Sam complement Jack. Shame to see Joe go.

If the writers learn from their mistakes, SGU will be awesome

Daedalus-304
September 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I think Stargate Universe will last about 5 seasons minimum. My guess for Atlantis was 7 seasons, so I was two off.

And they aren't going to mess with the schedule, if sci-fi is smart they will eventually pair it with Caprica; and have Universe 9:00, Caprica 10:00. But when it airs it will be 9:00 or 10:00.

I stayed home and watched Stargate almost every Friday night since the 8th grade. But I live in an area where the most exiting thing is a Walmart, and I had nothing else better to do. Other times I used Stargate as an excuse to get out of stuff because Stargate > lame events people want me to go to.

Promethius30
September 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I think we should find out the qualty of show before predicting how many seasons it will last

Daniel Jackson
September 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
The show doesn't premiere till next year, and we're making series-length projecetions? O..k... :S

Sp!der
September 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I only hope it will better be good....

Mike1989
September 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
It could last anywhere between 1 and x amount of seasons. As it will be pretty open to what they could include, with Atlantis there always had to be Atlantis and it was restricted. SG1 had its time and personally they should have started Universe from series 9 of SG1. That would have worked imo, more than continuing on SG1's legacy.

But my bet is 5 series. Its a decent amount and at this time we know very little about what is going to go on. They could make agreat job of it, but they could also mess it up. So I'll go 5 series at this time.

flynn1959
September 14th, 2008, 12:22 PM
In light of new information I am going to revise my guess and say 14 episodes.

Ackeb
September 15th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Going to have to say 5-6 I may be wrong but I belive actors are usually signed on for 5 or 6 at start of show.

Mike1989
September 16th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Going to have to say 5-6 I may be wrong but I belive actors are usually signed on for 5 or 6 at start of show.

Are they really tied down for that long?

Doesn't make sense when they got rid of Ford first season when he was on the team, they got rid of the doc after 4 and got rid of Weir after 4 seasons if I remember right. So I suppose they could be tied down for that long, but it is also a case of how many seasons the actual show itself is signed on for with Sci-Fi. I can't imagine it being more than 2 or 3 at most.

Jack_Bauer
September 16th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Are they really tied down for that long?

Doesn't make sense when they got rid of Ford first season when he was on the team, they got rid of the doc after 4 and got rid of Weir after 4 seasons if I remember right. So I suppose they could be tied down for that long, but it is also a case of how many seasons the actual show itself is signed on for with Sci-Fi. I can't imagine it being more than 2 or 3 at most.

I daresay that every actor would be given different contracts depending on their role/type of show/network/plans of TPTB (if any)

jelgate
September 16th, 2008, 04:52 AM
It doesn't work that way. All of the main cast will be given a contract of x years. If TPTB don't like their direction they can cancel their contract

Chevron Atlantis
September 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM

Good point, I think Teenagers don't stay up that long, it will be moved to a 9:00 pm, some teenagers go to sleep at this time or do other things. I am going to increase ur rep.

For me imo, 2 season 3 season tops. Then BW and RCC will give the same excuse the Sci Fi channel will kill off the genre even further.

Chevron Atlantis
September 16th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I would say 6 or 7 seasons. The did so well with SG-1 they thought they could get away with letting the writing slip. They made mistakes with Atlantis and have hopefully learned from them. I could easily see SGU surpasing the 5th season mark. They are going to already have a fanbase of SG-1/Atlantis/BSG/Voyager and not including fans of the unnamed big actor to star in the show.

Thats being very ambitious imo. But I think the min time a sci fi should run is 7 seasons but not for this one sorry.I will watch it but I doubt it will last very long.

kymeric
September 16th, 2008, 05:32 AM
SG-1 lasted 10. SGA lasted 5. So mathematically, SGU will end at the 10th episode of season 2!

Bad logic, Sg1 lasted 5 years on scifi, which is the same lenth of time sga lasted on the same network.

Hopefully we get 5 years of SGU followed by tv/dvd sgu movies, and a 4th series. It would kick arse to look 6 yrs into the future and see a contemporary sg series on air and at least one movie from each property each year.

The 2 shows now are different enough that we could get 2-4 movies total without hitting saturation. If there were 1 sg1 movie, 1 sga movie, one sgu movie and a 20 episode season of sgX i think we would still be under the saturation point.

An sg1 story is nothing like an SGA story, in fact the same basic plot has been reused on sga before with a completely different look/outcome and it has been as, or more, successful.

Chevron Atlantis
September 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Bad logic, Sg1 lasted 5 years on scifi, which is the same lenth of time sga lasted on the same network.

Hopefully we get 5 years of SGU followed by tv/dvd sgu movies, and a 4th series. It would kick arse to look 6 yrs into the future and see a contemporary sg series on air and at least one movie from each property each year.

l

Somehow I doubt that there is going to be a 4th franchise imo. Lets see how the third franchise goes, then we shall see. The 3rd franchise has not premiered yet.

Jeff O'Connor
September 16th, 2008, 06:46 AM
The franchise is the entirety of the Stargate brand. A series is SG-1, Atlantis or Universe.

kymeric
September 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Somehow I doubt that there is going to be a 4th franchise imo. Lets see how the third franchise goes, then we shall see. The 3rd franchise has not premiered yet.

Sg1 and Sga are still very profitable. Do you really think 5 years is going to change that? Its not like theyre replacing it with a test pattern here.

Lets look at it historically here. When sg1 became too expensive for showtime scifi picked it up and ran it for 5 yrs till it was too expensive itho. Theres been 2 ddvd format movies which were hugely profitable. Sga ran for 5 years on scifi (the same length of time on the network) and its been canned for movies which have every same reason to be as profitable as the sg1 movies. Do you really think that system is going to change come 5 yrs?

The only thing thats gonna change this is the point where direct 2 dvd or online distribution replaces cable tv networks. Buy my guess weve still got most of a decade before that happens.

AnubisRa
September 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well, having just read the character bios, I hope that it will only last a few days before the writers and producers realize their mistake and kill it.

Jeff O'Connor
September 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Right now I'm going with three years. Before the casting call was released, I had it pegged for five.

After all, if it lasts much longer, why, the cast would be too old for their own show.

Pitry
September 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
... a pilot?

JeffKnight
September 17th, 2008, 12:22 PM
What will really determine how well this does (especially if the pilot sucks and they lose 50%+ of the old SG1-SGA viewers) is what is on immediately before it and immediately after it. As well, what shows it competes against will also matter (ie you don't put a teenie show on during American Idol).

That is one thing that TPTB don't really get IMHO. SG-1 and SGA did very well in ratings considering that they are a cable network (you can't get it OTA), it was on a Friday evening, and it is firmly in the Sci-Fi genre. Look at the ratings Sci-Fi had when they had SG-1, SGA, BSG all together. People stayed in on Friday nights for those 3 hours of television and watched live. Now that all the shows are broken up, people record them and go out on Friday night. If they had moved SGA to a night more friendly to peoples' social calendars it could have easily been Sci-Fi's top rated show.

Ackeb
September 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
What will really determine how well this does (especially if the pilot sucks and they lose 50%+ of the old SG1-SGA viewers) is what is on immediately before it and immediately after it. As well, what shows it competes against will also matter (ie you don't put a teenie show on during American Idol).

Highly doubt 50% or anywhere near that of former SGA SG-1 fans will not watch.

Korean_Turtle87
September 17th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I thought the show would live past season 1, but now after the casting call, I'd be amazed if the show lives past episode 13

BubblingOverWithIdeas
September 17th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Two and a half seasons. Then the next spin-off will last one and a quarter seasons, and the next will last five eighths of a season.

jelgate
September 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
SciFi is known for not giving half of seasons

BubblingOverWithIdeas
September 17th, 2008, 05:43 PM
SciFi is known for not giving half of seasons

It's a joke about lasting half as long as Atlantis, which lasted half as long as SG-1.

kymeric
September 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM
It's a joke about lasting half as long as Atlantis, which lasted half as long as SG-1.

It went the same length as sg1 on scifi 1-5 is basically a different show thatn 5-10 from a buisness perspective. To just say sg1 lasted 10 yrs and sga only lasted 5 is skipping over a critical bit of info just to make it look like something was lost. Deception imho.

TrustMeIamADoctor
September 18th, 2008, 05:31 AM

Haf of a season, then they'll found out they can't go on without a grownup to deal with their problems and they'll head for Atlantis.

spacespartan
September 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
my fear is that by trying 2 get a younger fan base thay make it less sifi .the thing i like about stargate is the tech thay find an the battles thay fight if thay take away the fighting an all the things that make it a great show thay will lose more fans then thay gain its a fact. i would hate 2 see it turn into home an away.

Falcon Horus
September 18th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Given the information we have so far, I'd have to say one season cause they will film 20 episodes anyway, but it will most likely get cancelled either after the 5th episode or somewhere in the middle. SciFi will of course show the entire season cause they're like that anyway.

Let's see what else comes out on this and how that changes one's views - now that will be interesting.

MechaThor
September 18th, 2008, 07:11 AM
If it starts to flop 2-3 series, maybe a film or mini series to cap it off

If its a big success (which I hope it will be) and opens up loads of possible new stories, and remains fresh and new then maybe 5-6, plus 1 - 2 films

I am hoping the don't make contact with earth again by the end of the first series like Atlantis did.

my fear is that by trying 2 get a younger fan base thay make it less sifi .the thing i like about stargate is the tech thay find an the battles thay fight if thay take away the fighting an all the things that make it a great show thay will lose more fans then thay gain its a fact. i would hate 2 see it turn into home an away.

Well I am hoping this series will be Even more sci-fi than SG-1 was, as since they are in another galaxy we won't get any Earth Episodes and we will hopefully get a rich Alien populated Universe.

Also its THEY not Thay

Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab
September 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM
SGU has an apparently bigger budget than the previous shows. More money will mean the ratings will need to be more justified than the other two shows, and if it isnt, they will either cut the budget if they think its worth continuing or cancel it entirely. If they cut the budget, it may decrease the quality in various areas and cause viewers to lose interest - which may also lead to cancelation.

So really, it needs to keep getting enough viewers every week for the network to justify the increased budget. Id assume it would need to get more viewers than the other two shows had on the sci-fi network as well - otherwise why spend more money on it and try and make it reach a new/broader audience.

So by going by all that, id estimate it will last a season, maybe two.

Ackeb
September 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM
As someone already said (might not be on this thread) just because the casting call has the character pegged at an age of 20 does not mean that the actor will be 20. They could very well have an actor who is 30 playing one who is 20-25. Either way I highly doubt the characters will look like they are just out of highschool.

Alan Wake
September 18th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I think it will be Guaranteed 2 seasons from the start, but the 3rd season will determine if it goes on or not.

I doubt a show like this could go on to 10 season like stargate did, but I'll be happy if we get 5.

Wishful thinking on my part?

Man ! where has time gone? by the time this show is over ( and has a descent amount of seasons ) the entire franchise will be passing 13? years.

Browncoat1984
September 18th, 2008, 11:48 PM
SciFi generally tends to run their shows for four-five years then cans them - that's if they get good ratings. So I expect the same with Universe, it'll get canned after 4-5 years if it gets good ratings. If not, then maybe one year tops. After its canned, TPTB will decide that they need to shoot for an even younger demographic and tailor the next SG series towards young children.

Imagine Stargate:Rugrats, where a team of telletubies finally discovers what happened to the Furlings - they really do look like Ewoks, and their leader is a cross between Winnie the Pooh and Jar Jar Binks.

Arica15
September 19th, 2008, 01:02 AM
SciFi generally tends to run their shows for four-five years then cans them - that's if they get good ratings. So I expect the same with Universe, it'll get canned after 4-5 years if it gets good ratings. If not, then maybe one year tops. After its canned, TPTB will decide that they need to shoot for an even younger demographic and tailor the next SG series towards young children.

Imagine Stargate:Rugrats, where a team of telletubies finally discovers what happened to the Furlings - they really do look like Ewoks, and their leader is a cross between Winnie the Pooh and Jar Jar Binks.

I'm not so sure we haven't already arrived at Stargate Rugrats. And given how closely they seem to be basing Universe on the spoof scene from 200 do you really want to be bringing up the furlings?

NKDietrich
September 19th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Five seasons if it makes it past season one. No longer.

My suspicion is that the direction they want to go in for the show is going to get it cancelled after season one due to the existing fanbase not supporting it.

kymeric
September 19th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Five seasons if it makes it past season one. No longer.

My suspicion is that the direction they want to go in for the show is going to get it cancelled after season one due to the existing fanbase not supporting it.

Thats absurd, your basically saying they want to get fired. Lol. Universe is serious buisness and alot of people are putting serious effort into it. Theyre reputable people doing top notch work under very real constraints like budgets, liscensing deals, parent companies and a not-mainstream genre. Frankly they are performing above par for mainstream entertainment and ASTONISHINGLY for scifi. Accusing them with an angry bias for making the best decisions for everyone finanically is rot imho.

valaCB
September 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Stargate SG1 - 10 seasons
Stargate Atlantis - 5 seasons :(
Stargate Unieversr - 2.5 seasons

Simple as that :P

NKDietrich
September 19th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Thats absurd, your basically saying they want to get fired. Lol. Universe is serious buisness and alot of people are putting serious effort into it. Theyre reputable people doing top notch work under very real constraints like budgets, liscensing deals, parent companies and a not-mainstream genre. Frankly they are performing above par for mainstream entertainment and ASTONISHINGLY for scifi. Accusing them with an angry bias for making the best decisions for everyone finanically is rot imho.

The road to cancellation is paved with good intentions. It takes more than peoples best effort to make a show good. I simply fear they have made a critical miscalculation by trying to replace their fanbase with a more advertiser-friendly demographic.

Ikaros
September 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
As someone already said (might not be on this thread) just because the casting call has the character pegged at an age of 20 does not mean that the actor will be 20. They could very well have an actor who is 30 playing one who is 20-25. Either way I highly doubt the characters will look like they are just out of highschool.

Yes, the actors might be older.. but the characters will be just out of school.20-25 rememper?
None will have experience for anything. None will be tested in anything before. Get ready for your soap bath.

Pharaoh Atem
September 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
7 seasons my honest opnion i think the concept and being in a new enviormeant will help the series has a good long run

serinianfire
September 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I don't really want to think about how long Universe will last. It is supposed to be geared towards a younger audience- at 29 I'm probably too old to watch it anyway. Atlantis is the only show I care about right now. I want it to last for at least another year! Please don't cancel Stargate Atlantis!!!! Or if you must- bring David Hewlett to SGU. McKay is the best character on TV today.:mckay:

Ackeb
September 19th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Yes, the actors might be older.. but the characters will be just out of school.20-25 rememper?
None will have experience for anything. None will be tested in anything before. Get ready for your soap bath.

Pretty sure Daniel Jackson wasnt much older then 20-25 when SG-1 started.

Ikaros
September 20th, 2008, 06:35 AM

He was 28 irl and he was supposed to be 32 in the show!!

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM

No, seriously.

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Whoops, didn't see your post.

Egle01
September 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
It's not very wise to judge the show before seeing it, but my guess would be 2 seasons.

Ackeb
September 20th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Wow got the impression he was much younger then that in the show.

FightforAtlantis
September 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Either it'll be cancelled it's first season, or half way through the second.

metalheart777
September 20th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Or if you must- bring David Hewlett to SGU. McKay is the best character on TV today.:mckay:

I am in total agreement here. Hewlett IS McKay!!! I don't think anyone could've done it quite like him. :mckay:

~ mh777

Ackeb
September 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM

Well put, and I doubt SGU would last 10 years that is a very long time for a tv show. Not many shows make it there.