This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How NOT to write a Stargate movie

I'm fed up with the SG-1 franchise, can't stand watching it any more, hoping it'll go back to being good. Just seen Continuum for the first time. FFS. I can't believe it but it's actually WORSE than Ark of Truth (IMO).

What is it with these braindead producers? Do they honestly think that long, drawn out walks along massive landscapes constitutes anything particularly good, clever or original? No. Boring.

Daniel saying "Oh ****" out of the blue. What was the point, how immature can these writers be?

What's with the mindless and needless gore? Did they really have to chop off the top of Apophis' head? Did they really have to shoot Ba'al in the top of the head? Did they really have to slice Ba'al in half and have him fall into a pool of blood? Again, how immature can these writers be??

O'Neill was once again, the walking joke he was in seasons 7 to 10. Where every word out of his mouth is a sarcastic, piss take, except it seems to be getting more and more annoying the more he's in the show.

I'm fed up of 'explain to these people what SG-1 is, what the Stargate is, who the Goa'uld are. Enough already. How SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW were those scenes half way through the film? On the boat, on the ice, took forever just to get a few sentences out.

The entire middle 30 minutes or so. BOOOOOORRRRRRINNNNNGGG... Seriously, at NO time during 10 years was an episode EVER as boring and dull as the middle third of Continuum.

Added to the pointless "kewl" armada of ships that served no purpose but to give the writers wank fantasies... - the ridiculously gay tank top that Ba'al had to wear on his ship... are we REALLY supposed to take this dull waste of space seriously? I miss the likes of Apophis, Anubis, Heru'ur etc...

Ending on the photo of Mitchell and his grandad. Cliche #4353.

The time travel chamber was cool, but the endless shooting was exactly the same as what we've been watching for years. The slow-motion main characters getting shot... again, rehashed, old, tired, stupid.

Daniel telling off the president: the perfect way of making Daniel even more annoying than he was in the last 3 years.

Awful. Pure garbage. When will they let this once outstanding franchise DIE already.

I respectfully disagree with practically everything you said.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post

What is it with these braindead producers? Do they honestly think that long, drawn out walks along massive landscapes constitutes anything particularly good, clever or original? No. Boring.
      I disagree. That was one of my favorite scenes in the movie. The music was incredible and complimented well with the beautiful vista of the mountains.

Frankly, it was a brilliant visual sequence.

Daniel saying "Oh ****" out of the blue. What was the point, how immature can these writers be?
      The point is that he was going to freeze to death very, very soon. You've never swore before? I find that hard to believe.

What's with the mindless and needless gore? Did they really have to chop off the top of Apophis' head? Did they really have to shoot Ba'al in the top of the head? Did they really have to slice Ba'al in half and have him fall into a pool of blood? Again, how immature can these writers be??
      I don't see how excessive gore has anything to do with immaturity.

Though I didn't much like it. Not a fan of gore, myself.

O'Neill was once again, the walking joke he was in seasons 7 to 10. Where every word out of his mouth is a sarcastic, piss take, except it seems to be getting more and more annoying the more he's in the show.
      I thought Alt!O'Neill was pretty old school.

Daniel telling off the president: the perfect way of making Daniel even more annoying than he was in the last 3 years.
      Well, you are the authority on annoyance, so I guess I can't argue.

Awful. Pure garbage. When will they let this once outstanding franchise DIE already.
      When fans stop watching. But oh look, it ain't happening any time soon, it looks like.

So anyways...how about you tell us HOW to write a Stargate movie instead of just *****ing ad nauseum?

Comment

Spoiler:
        I'm fed up with the SG-1 franchise, can't stand watching it any more, hoping it'll go back to being good. Just seen Continuum for the first time. FFS. I can't believe it but it's actually WORSE than Ark of Truth (IMO).

I'm fed up of 'explain to these people what SG-1 is, what the Stargate is, who the Goa'uld are. Enough already. How SLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW were those scenes half way through the film? On the boat, on the ice, took forever just to get a few sentences out.

The entire middle 30 minutes or so. BOOOOOORRRRRRINNNNNGGG... Seriously, at NO time during 10 years was an episode EVER as boring and dull as the middle third of Continuum.

Added to the pointless "kewl" armada of ships that served no purpose but to give the writers wank fantasies... - the ridiculously gay tank top that Ba'al had to wear on his ship... are we REALLY supposed to take this dull waste of space seriously? I miss the likes of Apophis, Anubis, Heru'ur etc...

The time travel chamber was cool, but the endless shooting was exactly the same as what we've been watching for years. The slow-motion main characters getting shot... again, rehashed, old, tired, stupid.

..........Nope.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I also have to say i disagree. Continuum had tension and character development. It also had a decent story, something I admit I can't say for AOT.

Comment

AoT was great
            They wanna make it look like a movie.... so for some reason this means long walks. Besides, how often do you get to shoot in the artic
            Not sure immature is right word.... realistic is.
            If I found myself stuck in the Arctic with a frozen leg I'd be seriously worried about my impending death and use the S and F words repeatedly
            That was so COOL! I hate it when programs turn the camera to somebody going "eugh". I'm very glad they actually showed it. And it's not like it slows the plot down like random sex scenes do.
            Ok, you may have point here. Our Jack was just a joker but the AU Jack was classic Jack through and through.
            It's supposed to be accessible to new viewers
            That's because Continuum doesn't have to finish in 45 minutes so it isn't as fast paced, which imo is a good thing
            Bout time we saw what it looked like if all the Goa'uld decided to team up and kick the crap out of us (not just 2 motherships, or a one lousy fleet, but all of them... well nearly all)
            OMG You hate the Asgard!
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Spoiler:

(Simpsons fans/obsessives should get it...)

Comment

^And what do you plan to do with Jay
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

sorry stevearm07 put i'll have to disagree with everything u said. Ark of Truth and Continuum are both GREAT SG-1 movies. saw both 5 times now. both were well written and had u at the edge of your seat. of course in AoT it would've be cool if the Odyssey fought back with their new Asgard weapons. that's the one thing i wish they did. hopefully they'll do that in future SG-1/SGA movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    And I respectfully agree with your disagreement.
                    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I like both AoT and Continuum. Great stories, nice action, good entertainment. I even like the Repicator part of AoT. More Stargate goodness in my book.

On this point, I agree with you. I didn't mind shooting Ba'al in the head but I thought both uses of his sword were in bad taste.

Actually there was a more boring episode, Unending! The only good thing about Unending is that it finally did, in fact, end.

I haven't found Daniel annoying in the last 3 years.

When will they let this once outstanding franchise DIE already.
                      Why do you care? If you don't like it, stop watching. I like what they are doing so I shall continue to watch.
                      Last edited by Aricosaur; 01 September 2008, 04:43 PM. Reason: fixed typo
                      "What's your situation?"
                      "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

You sir are a terrible judge of movies. I've seen both movies several times. (several is an understatement) and I think it shows HOW to make a good movie. While I did find AoT a little rushed a hurried I still enjoyed it, and Continuum was a fantastic SG1 movie. If you don't like it then stop watching easy as that but whether you like it or not both movies were very well written and made.
                        I'm gonna miss SG1..
                        Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ferrari20092 View Post
                          You sir are a terrible judge of movies. I've seen both movies several times. (several is an understatement) and I think it shows HOW to make a good movie. While I did find AoT a little rushed a hurried I still enjoyed it, and Continuum was a fantastic SG1 movie. If you don't like it then stop watching easy as that but whether you like it or not both movies were very well written and made.
                          i agree with you. i loved both AoT and Continuum. I thought that they were great movies, and i can't wait to see what they do with SG-1 next!!

(by the way, i love your siggie ferrari20092. season 10 was my favorite season!)
                          thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

And you call yourself a fan, i thoroughly enjoyed the films
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              I second this motion.

Comment

Working...
                              X