PDA

View Full Version : A slight downer to any future SG1 films

Falcon 304
August 31st, 2008, 05:10 PM
After seeing Amanda Tapping yesterday :D, a thought crossed my mind today. With a second season of Sanctuary a 90% certainty, and a third one very likely, Amanda will have her dark hair for some time. While it's a possibility she'll keep it for SG1 movies, it'd just be odd to me. Therefore, she won't have her natural blond hair either way. :(

HOWEVER, she's Amanda Flipping Tapping, and will make it awesome if it were purple. I just thought I had to make this... because... um, yeah.

ImmrtlofDrknss
August 31st, 2008, 06:01 PM
They'll probably devise a really nice looking wig for her to wear for any future appearances (movies and series) much like they recently did for Jason Momoa (and Rachel Luttrell somewhere around season 2 of Atlantis).

Falcon 304
August 31st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Wait, Rachel wore a wig?

Daniel Jackson
August 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
How about they save their money and simply write some dialogue where someone notices her new hair color, and she mentions she died it. Daniel compliments the new look, on with the story. See? No wig needed. People die their hair all the time in real life. There's nothing wrong with it.

Moao
August 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
How about they save their money and simply write some dialogue where someone notices her new hair color, and she mentions she died it. Daniel compliments the new look, on with the story. See? No wig needed. People die their hair all the time in real life. There's nothing wrong with it.

in 200 didnt they say thats called Hanging a lantern on it?

Skydiver
August 31st, 2008, 06:35 PM
it'd be easy, kinda like in new order, when chris grew out his hair, jack goes 'teal'c, what's with the hair?'.....and that's it

if they're being really snarky, someone goes 'sam, what's with the hair?'
she goes 'Daniel, where's your glasses??'

jenks
August 31st, 2008, 06:43 PM
After seeing Amanda Tapping yesterday :D, a thought crossed my mind today. With a second season of Sanctuary a 90% certainty, and a third one very likely, Amanda will have her dark hair for some time. While it's a possibility she'll keep it for SG1 movies, it'd just be odd to me. Therefore, she won't have her natural blond hair either way. :(

HOWEVER, she's Amanda Flipping Tapping, and will make it awesome if it were purple. I just thought I had to make this... because... um, yeah.

How can you tell?

ImmrtlofDrknss
August 31st, 2008, 07:11 PM

Because I'm fairly certain that U.S. military regs would prevent anyone serving to dye their hair. Not certain on this one, but I'm pretty certain. I had to stop bleaching my hair after high school because I'm was going to join the Air Force and I think I remember some representative told me that coloring one's hair was a no-no.

Aricosaur
August 31st, 2008, 07:27 PM
From the About.com:Military Page Air Force Grooming Standards (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/afgrooming.htm). I don't claim to know the veracity of the site's info, it's just what I found with a cursory search.

"Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat. If dyed will look natural. Hair will not contain excessive amount of grooming aids, touch eyebrows when groomed or protrude below the front band of properly worn headgear. EXCEPTION: Hair may be visible in front of women's flight cap."

I have to say it's wierd enough seeing Tapping in black in the pictures from Sanctuary. I can't imagine seeing Col. Carter with black hair. :sam34:

sanctuary4all
August 31st, 2008, 07:43 PM
From the About.com:Military Page Air Force Grooming Standards (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/afgrooming.htm). I don't claim to know the veracity of the site's info, it's just what I found with a cursory search.

"Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat....

I have to say it's wierd enough seeing Tapping in black in the pictures from Sanctuary. I can't imagine seeing Col. Carter with black hair. :sam34:

re: the hair : Has anyone looked at John Shepherd lately? Puh-leese.:sheppardanime31:
re: black clothes? Doesn't Col. Carter wear black duds in numerous Atlantis promo pix? What are you talking about dude?

the fifth man
August 31st, 2008, 07:46 PM
Frankly, I don't care what color Amanda's hair would have to be. I would just be happy to see her playing Carter again.

Madwelshboy
September 1st, 2008, 12:27 AM

Howd you know? psychic are you? even tho i hop the show dose well for AT, it may bomb badly

Falcon 304
September 1st, 2008, 03:56 AM
How can you tell?

Because Damian Kindler told me that it's already in the works. So if it's being talked about this early, then it's extremely likely. Also, Tracy Jane in the Sanctuary forum (here) said that they read an article saying the same thing.

jenks
September 1st, 2008, 05:03 AM
Strange. Hasn't even premiered yet has it? Unless it's just that cheap to produce...

Falcon 304
September 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
It premiers on Oct 3rd in the US. Cost isn't the main point though. The network just really likes what they've seen so far and want more.

jenks
September 1st, 2008, 07:02 AM
It premiers on Oct 3rd in the US. Cost isn't the main point though. The network just really likes what they've seen so far and want more.

Doesn't work like that. Money is what matters, I seriously doubt they'd have made a decision on whether to order more yet, not unless they're not set to lose too much.

Platschu
September 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM
How can you tell?

I wanted to ask the same. Sanctuary can be a complete disaster or a great surprise. I think it has at least 70% chance to be canceled after the first season. SG fans won't like it and even if AT is lovely, the audience won't accept her in this role. :o

Falcon 304
September 1st, 2008, 12:37 PM
If you were to read my other post, you would know that I heard it practically from the horse's mouth and that someone else saw the same thing on the interwebs.

BUT, we're getting kinda off topic now.

Ripple in Space
September 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
To me the biggest downer is that General Hammond won't be seen again...

if they're being really snarky, someone goes 'sam, what's with the hair?'
she goes 'Daniel, where's your glasses??'
He's been wearing them most recently.

re: the hair : Has anyone looked at John Shepherd lately? Puh-leese.:sheppardanime31:
Shep's stationed in Pegasus 99% of the time, and Carter's been his only direct superior officer in Atlantis, so I guess he does what he pleases. And if Carter did want to call him on it, maybe she realized that her cleavage on Atlantis was more distracting than his hair, lol.

majorsal
September 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM

amanda's gorgeous with brunette hair, but i prefer the blond too. i've read that amanda's not against going back to blond, so who knows. :)

sally :)

heliosphere
September 2nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
She could probably dye it for the role and then dye it back. Actresses do that all the time. I don't think Sam would be the type to be a brunette anyhow!

I'm just hoping she keeps the length. I do like the short hair, but the longer has grown on me.

Col. Newman
September 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I don't think it will matter, over the last 4 or 5 years SG has become increasing less realistic when I come to all things military.

leiasky
September 15th, 2008, 09:53 AM
You know, I think it would be great if Amanda came back for the third movie with the dark hair and one of the characters (Vala, Daniel, Cam?) points at Sam's hair and comments. Sam and Jack can share one of those patented looks that say more than words ever could which means they're both quite happy with the new look . . .

Vala_M
September 18th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not worried about that. There's no reason she can't dye it back blonde. I don't mean to offend anyone on here but I believe that Amanda has always dyed her hair blonde and that she has naturally brown hair so there isn't much of a problem with that. In fact, I believe there was a picture on her website a few years ago that showed her with brown hair.

Vala,

Falcon 304
September 19th, 2008, 04:28 AM
???

She's a natural blond dude/miss. The picture you saw might have been with her Sanctuary wig on.

leiasky
September 19th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I don't mind if she comes back for the new movie with darker hair. But someone definitely needs to mention the 'new look'. Like Jack did when Teal'c had his little 'soul patch' in one of the seasons.

Vala_M
September 19th, 2008, 08:33 AM
???

She's a natural blond dude/miss. The picture you saw might have been with her Sanctuary wig on.

It's Miss. And no, it was a picture I found back in 2004 and she had her SG-1 style hair in it. And sometimes, you can see dark roots barely visible in her hair.

You can try poking around the archives of her site from September 2004 to December 2004 for pictures if you like.

I don't remember if this was the same one I saw but it was something like this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041207072526/http://www.amandatapping.com/Pictures/Biography/bio2.jpg

Vala,

Falcon 304
September 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hmm. I would think that if she wasn't a natural blond it'd be a well known fact. Then again, I don't know how girls... "roll" so I suppose she could have been dying her hair her entire life (though isn't that bad?). But if so, you would think we'd see some sort of deviation in color over the years. Other than style, I don't remember seeing any.

jenks
September 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
It's Miss. And no, it was a picture I found back in 2004 and she had her SG-1 style hair in it. And sometimes, you can see dark roots barely visible in her hair.

You can try poking around the archives of her site from September 2004 to December 2004 for pictures if you like.

I don't remember if this was the same one I saw but it was something like this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041207072526/http://www.amandatapping.com/Pictures/Biography/bio2.jpg

Vala,

Most people who have blond hair still have darker roots.

VSS
September 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
If it's blonde for the last episode of SGA (which it is), she ought to be able to keep it blonde/dye it back to blonde for the movie, don't you think?

Because wigs don't cut it, unless she's got a helmet on the whole time. Think PoV. Ick.

Falcon 304
September 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM
It's a wig. Considering her role in a movie, and depending on the timing of the filming of it and Sanctuary, I'd think dying it would be the first option.

Coaster
September 19th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Even if she showed up with a different hair color, why would anyone need to even say anything in the show? Heightmeyer went from blonde to red and I don't recall anything said or alluded to in the story, it just was.

Falcon 304
September 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Even if she showed up with a different hair color, why would anyone need to even say anything in the show? Heightmeyer went from blonde to red and I don't recall anything said or alluded to in the story, it just was.

Because she's a main character and has been seen with blond hair for only 11 years now in nearly all episodes of SG1. Something was said about Teal'c having hair after... 8 years? I think there was also something said about his... chin, thing.

kymeric
September 22nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Because I'm fairly certain that U.S. military regs would prevent anyone serving to dye their hair. Not certain on this one, but I'm pretty certain. I had to stop bleaching my hair after high school because I'm was going to join the Air Force and I think I remember some representative told me that coloring one's hair was a no-no.

Haha, itd be great if someone made a line about her new do making her like british or some other sanctuary reference. :D

In jokes ftw