This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Main Villian In Stargate Universe

So are there any ideas, speculation, comfirmation as to who the main villians will be in Stargate Universe? I hope it's not something that's been done before!

Maybe the new alien enemy we saw in the alternate Stargate Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by mattyg1987 View Post
      Maybe the new alien enemy we saw in the alternate Stargate Atlantis?
      Nope.

I hope they will create the new races with positive and negative attribute, so they will be real 3D races. We can't decide everything after the first contact, so maybe the hostile race(s) will be friendlier later, while the "allies" will betray Destiny.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

BW said that they've been considering not having a big main villain like the Goa'uld, Wraith, or Ori. I guess if the ship they're on travels through several different galaxies there may be several villains who come and go through out the series.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          BW said that they've been considering not having a big main villain like the Goa'uld, Wraith, or Ori. I guess if the ship they're on travels through several different galaxies there may be several villains who come and go through out the series.
          I think that's foolish. If they do that, then they'll have to spend so much time creating costumes with so many different looks.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            I think that's foolish. If they do that, then they'll have to spend so much time creating costumes with so many different looks.
            Voyager didn't have trouble with that. They could create a new alien forehead and uniform 26 times a year for 7 years.

Comment

I'd be alright with the no-big-villain thing. Personally I'm tired of the superraces.
              sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                Nope.

I hope they will create the new races with positive and negative attribute, so they will be real 3D races. We can't decide everything after the first contact, so maybe the hostile race(s) will be friendlier later, while the "allies" will betray Destiny.
                something like th Genii in SGA?
                La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a NEW Villain , but there has to be something to this new race .. They need to add something to it that no one would have thought of ...

They would need to have a few things about this new Villain that we really haven't seen yet ..

1. New look to them , they can't be your Wraith or Goa'uld type of enemy . They need to be be more like cut throat , SOMETHING different ..

2. Stronger technology . no more less advanced beings , its been done . Goa'uld where advanced , but we could find things that where more advanced then they had or that they took from others .. I would want them at the same leave as the ANCIENTS to be able to follow this ship threw space at all times ..

3. Back Story to this Advanced race . We need something new . Yes something big ... I wouldn't mind it if the new back story was something along the line of the 4 Great Races having an ADVANCED enemy that they some how got tricked into moving on to another galaxy .. Now that they have found an Ancient ship they are hoping to find out more or get revenge on the ones that banished them to be lost forever in space ..

They would really need to work around the TECHNOLOGY part with a ENEMY that would always be there , that would be the hard part .. Any advanced culture out there would make the worst enemy but the best alley .... At the same time you would need someone that could travel the stars and be as advanced as the Ancients ..

Comment

This is what I think would be cool. Have many different mini-bad guys. However, have one over-arching bad guy, that is spread throughout the universe, and follows the Destiny wherever it goes. But we only get glmipses of it, and the last season (or in a follow up movie) we see them and have to take them down..or something like that.

Kinda like "Bad Wolf" with Doctor Who.

Comment

Super Races are more realistic... There is always one or two dominant species... Are you telling me races capable of traveling between worlds and are powerful enough to be an foe can't go around taking over the poor worlds with no weapons or tech? doesn't make sense... why not make them you're slaves/worshipers or food

Comment

Originally posted by jethaz View Post
                        Super Races are more realistic... There is always one or two dominant species... Are you telling me races capable of traveling between worlds and are powerful enough to be an foe can't go around taking over the poor worlds with no weapons or tech? doesn't make sense... why not make them you're slaves/worshipers or food
                        Galactic Politics - Taught at All Good Universities.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NKDietrich View Post
                          Voyager didn't have trouble with that. They could create a new alien forehead and uniform 26 times a year for 7 years.
                          Well, Voyager did pick up the Borg. They weren't used much initially, but they did take up more screen time after season three.

I suspect it will be difficult to have an uber-enemy in this show, but it could be done. They would have to be met early on, say the end of season one or early season two. There would be some sort of dramatic build up to this meeting.

They would have to be at a technology level similar to what humans have available (ie. what has been picked up from the Asgard, not the Ancients, as they shouldn't be too powerful). They likely would have developed their own technology, rather than scavenged it like humans or goa'uld. This would permit them to be brought in as needed for dramatic effect as they chase Destiny around the universe. It also allows for a climactic space battle when/if they find our galaxy.

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

What about the unknown ship from Grace? It would be nice to see who they were!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm, maybe something less humanoid. Without human characteristics - eg, eyes, nose, mouth, discernable head, arms and legs, etc.

Maybe a virus, an invisible entity, etc.
                              "Wøøf!"

Comment

Working...
                              X