This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

references/tibutes other little things to see in a new sg movie

Everyone is talking about plot points, story lines of a new sg-1 movie. I was just thinking however, that some of the coolest things in shows/movies are the little tributes/homages to other people, times, things, or just things from early sg-1 years... While the story is most important, I find the small things can really be neat...here are a few little things I would like to see.

1. Reference to the wizard of oz.
    2. Reference to the prometheus and or Col. Pendergast(sp?)
    3. Area 51
    4. reference to current movies for their movie night.
    5. reference to Star Trek
    6. Maybe a picture with O'neill holding up a five pound bass that he caught in his lake.
    On a more serious note:
    7. Some kind of tribute mentioning Don S. Davis.

what other little things/tributes/homages would be good?

The idea of a tribute to Don S. Davis is a good Idea. Maybe we could learn of Hammonds passing and there be a funeral for him. I know a bit morbid but it might be a good way of closure to us fans. Thoughts anyone?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

If RDA is gonna be in the movie then a reference to Homer/The Simpsons would seem to be in place.
      Last edited by NitroX infinity; 31 August 2008, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroX infinity View Post
        If RDA is gonna be in the movie than a reference to Homer/The Simpsons would seem to be in place.
        Of course there has to be a reference to Homer. Maybe a comment from O'Neall at Hammonds funeral,
        "I will always remember Gen. Hammond as a great man and leader, not to mention he always reminded me of a chartecter, just in appearence, from my favorite TV show!"

Just a thought!
        Last edited by General Catflap; 31 August 2008, 01:10 AM. Reason: Addition
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

Originally posted by General Catflap View Post
          The idea of a tribute to Don S. Davis is a good Idea. Maybe we could learn of Hammonds passing and there be a funeral for him. I know a bit morbid but it might be a good way of closure to us fans. Thoughts anyone?
          I agree a reference to Hammonds or start/end the movie with a funeral scene would be a great a nice tribute to Don

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            I agree a reference to Hammonds or start/end the movie with a funeral scene would be a great a nice tribute to Don
            It would provide the perfect 'lets get the team back in one place'. Then, something happens, and since they are all there - they can save the world, again!

Comment

Originally posted by General Catflap View Post
              Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              I agree as well, i think it would be a good opening for an SG-1 Movie
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

A funeral/memorial for Hammond would be great for the fans but I have to wonder if the cast/crew could emotionally handle it. The West Wing did something similar when John Spencer (Leo) died. It was a much needed sequence but you could tell the cast wasn't acting when they grieved.

Other things I'd like to see include a bit of Bretac/O'Neill banter. I love how Bretac considers O'Neill to be Teal'c's apprentice.

Too bad we can't include Jacob on the list of "hope fors." Unless someone can figure out a way to bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post

Too bad we can't include Jacob on the list of "hope fors." Unless someone can figure out a way to bring him back.
                  Time travel, Alternate Reality, Clone, Flashback, hallucination, replicator, or they could pull a dallas and everything since he died was just a dream.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    Time travel, Alternate Reality, Clone, Flashback, hallucination, replicator, or they could pull a dallas and everything since he died was just a dream.
                    Haha, lol.

(producer to the cast): Uhm, yeah hi. Could you all return to the set? Turns out everything since Jacob's death was a dream so we need to reshoot all the episodes after that one.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroX infinity View Post
                      (producer to the cast): Uhm, yeah hi. Could you all return to the set? Turns out everything since Jacob's death was a dream so we need to reshoot all the episodes after that one.
                      That would be fine with me. Let's pick up it about halfway through THREADS. Carter breaks ranks, revives her dad in a sarcophagus and then SG-1 (with Jacob and of course, Bretac) are on the run from both the Goa'uld AND the Tok'ra.

Comment

Working...
                      X