This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: Return of the Anubis

I hope that we'll se another Goa'uld themed SG-1 movie in the future. When it happens, I would like to see return of the Anubis.

As we know, at this point he is engaged in no winnig battle with Oma Desala. Beacuse he is live, it's easy to find a way how to bring him back in game.

I would like to see him as simple Goa'uld, reverted to the state before anscesion, but, nevertheless, very dangerous, with massive fleet of Kull Warriors, and ships upgraded with Ancients-Ori technology.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Nah. Anubis has been done. Move on. Anubis was great but bringing him back would just seem cheap.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Jumping in because I agree, another SG-1 flick (preferably with O'Neill front and center) involving the Goa'uld is my #1 preference. At the end of the day, Apophis is still my fav of all the System Lords because the character, his setting and the actor are all reminiscent of ancient Egypt. That was the original fascination with the franchise for many and it'd be great to see them go back to their roots.

Since origin stories are the big thing now with epic SF hero films (Batman, Spiderman, X-Men), why not do a storyline that gives us insight into how Ra, Nerti, Apophis, Yu, etc (in other words, all the Goa'ulds with a Earth myth base) came to rule our planet. Intercut that with some modern day high stakes storyline... hell, even an origin story involving Egeria of the Tok'ra and her time as an advisor to the Roman Emperor would be great.

I'd be a very happy camper.

Comment

No. Make a new movie with RDA and a completely new story-arc. It's time to movies steps out from the shadow of SG-1.

Comment

there really is no way to get rid of him so i think he should just stay frozen.

Comment

I'd like to see Anubis come back. He rocked.
            Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

We've already had a return of Anubis story. It was "Prototype," a ninth season episode featuring Anubis Jr, the prototype soldier for an army that would begin as Humans and then ascend to wage war with the ascended Ancients. "Threads" and "Prototype" make for a good ending for Anubus, so let's leave it there.

If the third movie features O'Neill and Goa'uld, I'd love it to be a conspiracy story with the Goa'uld Trust. With O'Neill running everything involving the Stargate program, he could get directly involved. This story could also end with the revelation of the Stargate program, though such an ending wouldn't be necessary.

That's what I'd like to see for the third movie, but I'm open to other stories.

Comment

I liked Anubis as a character but I think bringing him back would be bad as it would undermine Oma and her ability to fight him!

I agree that a movie with the System Lords ruling Earth would be good! Seeing Ra having full control over the System Lords while battling Sokar would be awesome! It would also bring back old favourites such as Apophis, Cronus, Yu, Heru-ur and Ba'al!

Comment

I still say there should be a Goa'uld out there somewhere still, we know they dont share tech, so how bad would it have been for a Goa'uld, who either never achieved System Lord status, or never coveted it, to have found something "Ancienty" (finally found a context for the word ) then he figures out how to modify his FTL drive and heads into another galaxy.

Taking a lot of his/her time to subjugate the second galaxy, he could then turn his attention back towards MW, and they a couple of movies arc could spring from there.

Kind of like what maybe happening with Atlantis and apostropheads

C40
                  So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                  “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

Been there and done that with Anubis.

Comment

I love anubis as the super bad ass bad guy but bringing him back would just be wrong

Comment

Bringing back Anubis would be boring and wrong IMO. I think the Anubis story arc is over the hill. He has managed to come back once before from the death and we know most of the stuff about this mega evil Goa'uld now. I don't think it can supply something we have not seen before and definitly not for a entire movie.

Comment

Even tho i loved anubis, i agree with some of the other post that say that his arc is offer and stay that way.
                          As to wether there should be a Goa'uld enemy in the 3rd movie to face off with O'Neill an SG-1, well im open to it, but they would have to come up with a really good/plausible story for how/why a minor Goa'uld has managed to become some sort of threat with little resources

Comment

Return of Anubis isn't a great idea imho, its bad enough for them to get rid of people that ascend by simply having an ancient hold them in battle for eternity etc but for one of them to be able to come back from that kinda just running over old ground.

Comment

I agree, in that I really did like Anubis. But he has had his time. SG-1 needs to move forward.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X