Best weapon effect in Sci Fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best weapon effect in Sci Fi

Before I get shouted at for not using the search before starting a thread concerning what ship I regard as the most powerful within science fiction I would like to say that this is not the purpose of this thread.

This thread is about which weapon people regard as looking the best on screen regardless of how powerful they are.

My personal favourite is that of the White Stars from B5. I like the combined effect of the pulse weapons and the beam. They seamed to plough into opposition ships.

Alternatively you may prefer the cutting effect of the Shadow vessels or the lantian satellites, the beams of the Asgard weapons; that seem to ram into a ship: or the all out assault from the missles from the andromeda.

Once you've decided on your favourite effect you could then suggest if you would like to see it on an Earth ship on Stargate. Obviously if you like the Asgard beams there wouldn't be any changes. (I know this has been done before)

The Interceptors from B5, it was just awesome when they shot down enemy blasts.

Earth railguns not only don't intercept, but they don't look nearly as impressive.

Comment

I also thought of the weapons of the Bree from B5. They were, for me, the best weapon for taking out a string of attacking fighters at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
        I also thought of the weapons of the Bree from B5. They were, for me, the best weapon for taking out a string of attacking fighters at the same time.
        Clip?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Clip?
          Sorry don't have one. They are the race who have the flying saucers.

Comment

and they are actually called the VREE. Doh

Comment

Originally posted by Zalenka View Post
              Sorry don't have one. They are the race who have the flying saucers.
              I knwo the ones.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-oNj7f3aY

There is one on here at 1:05. not long though.

Comment

Yea, B5 certainly has some of the best ones. Since i prefer the beam and cutting kind for the most part, i'd have to give priority to your mentioned shadow beams and lantean sat., also minbari and vorlon beams. Dont like any sort of projectiles or missiles, but some other energy weaps are cool, like wraith cannons, the mentioned Vree antimatter spray, the excalibur main gun in Crusade. And, since you said "effect", the best effect is ofcourse of the "point of view" gun from hitchikers guide to the galaxy

BTW, does this include movies and games? cause i could think up some realy awsome stuff in games and even more from movies (like the super awsome independence day beam).

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                  X