This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth about the Atlantis Movie...

In a recent interview with Brad Wright, there where a couple questions about the Atlantis movie, where there was a question about the upcoming Atlantis movie, and whether or not it would wrap up story lines left by the last episode of season 5.

GW: .... Is it going to be resolving dangling storylines like Michael and the Wraith, and these new villains that are about to be introduced?

BW: No -- I can say only that it will be a movie that will be more accessible to new viewers than something that is trying to resolve dangling threads. It will be, hopefully, more of a stand-alone story.

Great, that's all we need, a movie that doesn't wrap things up.

Ideas? Comments? Thoughts?

yes, more stand alones and fillers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mike272 View Post

Comment

Let's wait and see what happens with the Wraith and Michael in season 5 before we start *****ing, shall we?

Comment

I think this is a good idea, actually.

First, a LOT of loose ends are being wrapped up - Spoilers for S5 -
            Spoiler:
            we have Repliweir floating in space (for any future necessity). We know something's coming up with Michael, perhaps Koyla. We know something's going on with Wraith feeding abilities (alternative food? treatment?). We know that the team is going to have to answer for their actions in the PG. Just lots of things being buttoned up, IMO.

I think a stand-alone movie would be good. First, it could bring new fans into the SGA franchise, thus ensuring MORE movies. Second, if the film does NOT do well, then they don't want it to leave loose ends itself. Third, if it isn't mired in the past, it might feel fresh and new and exciting - basically, it could knock our socks off. Perhaps it will be the best thing to happen to SGA in forever.

OR...it could totally suck.

Spoiler:
            For the record - it would totally rock if they could somehow - someway - incorporate a Prince Nuada-style fight scene into the movie for the Wraith. While watching Hellboy II, all I could think of was how beautiful such combat would be featuring a Wraith character, especially since their looks are so similar. I know it won't happen - but IF it did, you all would hear my *squeeee!* heard round the world. lol.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              Let's wait and see what happens with the Wraith and Michael in season 5 before we start *****ing, shall we?
              We already know what will [not] happen by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                Yeah, no kidding. Not to mention if the DVD sales aren't very good and there aren't any more movies we won't get a resolution to the major story arcs.

Comment

This sucks, first they cancel Atlantis and then the movie their going to make will not resolve anything that the last episode left us hanging on. GAY!
                  sigpic
                  Ronon: "If you kill the wraith before i do, i kill you."
                  Sheppard: "What if he kills you first?"
                  Ronon: "Well then kill ya him..."

Comment

Keep in mind though that Continuum was called a "stand alone" (and it wasn't, if I had watched Continuum but never watched SG-1 my reaction would be a big "WTF?"). Continuum resolved the Baal story arc so maybe just maybe we'll get closure.

Comment

if they keep making atlantis movies that'll b cool.

to b honest it will b like it is now except u wont watch all 20 episodes just the last 2 season finales which they make 2 parters and badass anyway. bubt this time they'll b more badass. hope these movies are on the continuum scale!

Comment

I hope they're much better than Continuum. All that sticks in my long term memory about Continuum was Baal's execution, resolve problem by hitting reset button, then Baal's execution.

Comment

I think the best part of Continuum was when Baal got lit up haha!
                          sigpic
                          Ronon: "If you kill the wraith before i do, i kill you."
                          Sheppard: "What if he kills you first?"
                          Ronon: "Well then kill ya him..."

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                            I'd rather people wait until they've actually seen the movie, but, hey, that's just crazy-talk.

Anyway, how standalone can it be if it's probably going to have
                            Spoiler:
                            Todd
                            in it?

Comment

SG1 movies imo wheren't so good for non stargate fans.
                              If my only option is to have Atlantis movies instead of a show or mini serries, then they better make a far better job than they did with the sg1 ones....
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...