X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to the Destiny

As the title suggests.. How?

It takes a ZPM or Ancient Power Module(That O'Neill built) to dial a 8 Chevron Address cause of the extra power so how would they do it for a 9 Chevron Address.

And i doubt its going to be 2 ZPM's or a thousand ZPM's since we're alittle short of them and hopefully they wont all of a sudden find a warehouse of them.. Just saying before anyone decides to answer with fanwank..
    Last edited by Kris_x-303; 29 August 2008, 03:44 AM. Reason: More explanation

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post

It takes a ZPM or Ancient Power Module(That O'Neill built) to dial a 8 Chevron Address cause of the extra power so how would they do it for a 9 Chevron Address.

And i doubt its going to be 2 ZPM's or a thousand ZPM's before anyone decides to answer with fanwank..
    Maybe they use a ZPM just to establish the wormhole. After that the Stargate draws it's power from the Destiny to maintain the connection.

Comment

the only way is to have a dedicated ancient building. 8 massive ziggurats or pyramids stacked full with trillions of capacitors, or batteries, and have them build up a gargantuan energy enough to dial a wormhole. or, it dials the next galaxy, then the gates keep forwarding

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
        Maybe they use a ZPM just to establish the wormhole. After that the Stargate draws it's power from the Destiny to maintain the connection.

I like this idea, as we know that the opened worm-hole can draw energy from the other end, I think.... lol.
        http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

My idea:

*Using ZPM to dial out*

"chevron, uh, 9, locked!"

*Gate starts to activate, lights dim out, almost go off; large power drain, some short circuits*

"what was that?!"

McKay: "massive power drain, ZedPM is almost depleted"

*Wormhole begins to become unstable*

"send the MALP!"

*suddenly, wormhole stabilizes, light come back*

*^ Power is being drawn form Destiny*

Comment

MAybe we built some of those subspace capacitors or we use a jumper and a gate near a blackhole.

Comment

I think of it like this

They need to hook up a DHD to send and recieve data via SGC's computer, and dial the 9 symbol address.

Then the DHD and computer and gate all lock up for 10-15 mins while it is "pinging" the ship. Then it finaly opens

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post

And i doubt its going to be 2 ZPM's or a thousand ZPM's since we're alittle short of them and hopefully they wont all of a sudden find a warehouse of them.. Just saying before anyone decides to answer with fanwank..

just because its a nine chevron adress dosent mean it will take way more power than the 8 chevron adress because your still dialing another galaxy.

my guess as to how their going to do it is this:

it opens with them recieving the zpm that atlantis used origionally to escape lantia, but didint have eneough power to open another hyperspace window after they accidentally exited hyperspace prematurely so they got a new one from asuras, which is the one atlantis is currently using. well, they get the zpm and hook it up to the gate. they theorized that the gate only needs a little power to connect and from there, the destiny will supply the required power. well they dial the gate and it works and they have a connection and since theres eneough juice to keep the gate active from the destiny, their realtively certin that a simple recon would be safe and then they can simply dial back to earth. there wrong.

after they step through the gate the gate shuts down. apperently the destinys power generators have shut down and they dont have a clue as to why so their stuck untill they can fix them. well after the new carter type inspects the generators, she says that more than 3/4ths of these very cool ion-nutrino generators are dead and there isint eneough power to dial earth so their stuck. the good news is that the generators remaining could power the basic need for the ship for the next 2 centuries before failing and the ship is dead in the water. apperantly, the massive storage tank that stored eneough ion nutreno fuel for millions of years is almost empty, and the mechanism designed to make new fuel is damaged beyond repair.

now they learn that the ship is on auto pilot and that they cant fly the ship back to earth and if they want to search planets they come across for either some sort of substitute for the ion generators fuel to get them working again or some other power source. the only problem is that they cant controll the ship so if someone gets left behind they cant go back for them.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Yeah like stargater1990 mentioned, the 9th symbol doesn't mean it requires more energy.

Fact. Sam or was it Daniel mentioned that the 7th symbol when dialing an 8th symbol stargate address would be the "Area code" for the galaxy you want to connect to.

And there's only 39 symbols on a stargate and there's a whole lot more than 39 galaxies out there in the universe. So reason would have it that in a 9 symbol address, the 7th and 8th chevron would be the "area code", thus granting another 1482 possible galaxies to connect too. I doubt the ancients gated that many galaxies tho. But they could have quite possibly gated 39 and therfore needed another chevron for the Destiny galaxy.

That's my guess at least.

If in all their 50 million years they were such busy bees that they did indeed gate more than 1521 (39*39) galaxies then they'd need a 10 symbol address for the following galaxies.

Comment

possibly the gate depletes all of its naquadah that makes up it in some nonlethal reaction making the gate essentially dead after one use. We have seen liquid nauadah all used at one time maybe the same can be the same for the solid naquadah in the gate.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

or you need different symbols. after all, pegasus uses other symbols than MW. i do think destiny uses a different symbol system. perhaps even numeric

Comment

That's a good point. The constellation-based system wouldn't apply to a ship that's not even in the same galaxy as said constellations, so surely that system just wouldn't work.
                        "You wanna run this ship?"
                        "YES!"
                        "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

well i was thinking. with 38 symbols we can dial 38 galaxies. but what if there's a different set of 38 symbols for clusters?

see it like this:

MW symbols: milky way
                          Pegasus: pegasus

ie. galaxy symbols: galaxy.

then you have 38 or so symbols for the local group. and then? you use a new set of symbols for the galactic clusters.

for the destiny: simply do it like this:

galactic supercluster:

Set A for galactic cluster dial
                          Set B for galaxy 1
                          Set C for galaxy 2.
                          set D for galaxy 3
                          Set E for galaxy 4

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            or you need different symbols. after all, pegasus uses other symbols than MW. i do think destiny uses a different symbol system. perhaps even numeric
                            Which begs the question, how do you dial something, for which you dont have the symbols on your keybord? For that matter, how do they dial MW>Pegasus, MW>Ida or any combination of that, if they use diferent symbols? i mean if the adress is 123 and all your dialer can dial is abc...

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

good point i think each galaxy has some chevron related to another one in a different galaxy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X