This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about universe.

i dont know if this question has been asked but if it has then please direct me to the answer or i would perfer if you told me the answer but here goes: the team of explorers that they send to the ship destiny, will it be like an sg team of like 4 or 5 people or more like the atlantis expidition, where they send like 200 people? i only use gateworld for stargate related information and it only said "a team of explorers" which to me sounds like an sg team of 4 or 5 people but i could be wrong. now if anybody has heard anything about this i would appreciate any information you can give me. thanks
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

I don't know. However, my guesses are...

1.) This will be the group in place if the ignition point happens early in the show (ie. Destiny gets discovered. "Hey cool ship! What's this button do? AGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Hey, where are we now?" Roll opening credits.)

- It will be a small group, like one SG team, possibly two (so 5 - 10 people).
      - They will have a mixture of military and science types. The mix will likely be only 2 - 3 science types and the rest as military (they'll serve as "red shirts" for the primary cast members).
      - There will likely be a ratio of 3 - 4 females to 6 to 7 males.
      - The commanding officer will be a male, or a female. This character will also be the leader of the mission.

2.) This will be the the group in place if the ignition point happens later in the show. (Destiny gets discovered. "Hey General Landry? We found something that the science guys are going to want to take a look at." Roll opening credits. "Well, we've arrived with this team of scientists and military support guys. Hey, Cool ship. Boy, I can hardly wait to get home to my wife and kids. Hey, what's this button do? AgggHHHHHH!!!!!! Hey, where are we now? I miss my wife and kids." Roll end credits.

- It will likely be a larger group, possibly as many as 100 people.
      - They will have a mixture of military and science types. The mix will likely be something nearer to 50 - 50, or maybe even 60 - 40 for science types.
      - The ratio of males will females will likely be more balanced.
      - The commanding officer will be a male, or a female. This character will also be the leader of this mission, but the opinion of the leader of the science contingent will hold a lot of weight.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

My guess is that it will a larger group of around 100 people. We're told that, due to the automated navigational schedule -

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...has_a_go.shtml

If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them, adding to the drama of encountering new races, enemies and adventures.

A larger group would supply SGU with expendable red shirt types who will (a) get left behind to introduce the concept of crew members being stranded forever and (b) remind viewers of this danger every so often.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X