This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU will last one season only!

Might get canned for this but i don't care, i think SGU will only last one season with the current showrunners and writers of SGA at the helm this series is doomed before it starts. It will die in a flood of uninteresting characters, unoriginal plots and a dubious setting.

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
    Might get canned for this but i don't care, i think SGU will only last one season with the current showrunners and writers of SGA at the helm this series is doomed before it starts. It will die in a flood of uninteresting characters, unoriginal plots and a dubious setting.
    the current showrunners of Atlantis (JM and PM) are currently working on the final eps of s5 and the movie
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

You could go a bit deeper and explain WHY you think this instead of just stating it as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        the current showrunners of Atlantis (JM and PM) are currently working on the final eps of s5 and the movie
        Yep. I pretty much stopped reading at that part.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I'm going to give it a chance. I've liked everything Stargate (with a few excepetions) so far.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I predict 3 to 5 seasons.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Try not stomping around so much. You'll disturb the people downstairs.
              My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I think it will go longer than one season - even though im currently voicing some unhappiness with the premise of the show (based on what we know so far) im hoping to be proven wrong.

I'd agree with other people though, not been posting here long but most people like to discuss peoples viewpoints - say why you think it wont last and have some discussion... we can always hope that somebody working on the show is lurking on the forums and taking notes... the more things we discuss the more likely our fears wont ever make it into a script

Comment

I'm not too enthusiastic about the premise of SGU but even I predict it will be more successful than the original poster says.

Comment

And you felt the need to create a new thread just to share that with us? Attention seeking much?

Comment

5 seasons, 100 episodes minimum. Let's conservatively say that half of the established Stargate fans watch SGU regularly. Then you factor in the fact that they want a known lead with a decent sized fan base and again a conservative 50% of his/her fans watch the show. Then the rest of the unknown cast will have a fan base however small and again at least 50% of their fans will watch regularly. SGU will get good enough ratings to be on for 5 seasons at the very least. That all assumes the show isn't complete crap of Flash Gordon/Painkiller Jane proportions, and I've said it a lot, I trust the PTB at least that much.

Perfecto!

Comment

I see, at the very least, 3 seasons for SGU. I'm hoping for at least 5 though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I see, at the very least, 3 seasons for SGU. I'm hoping for at least 5 though.
                          Depends on where in the year the show premieres and how close the premiere is to the showing of the Stargate movies. If they don't have a good lead-in or residual hype from an SG-1 or Atlantis movie and they're going against a strong show from another network, then they're screwed. It's one of the reasons I thought cancelling Atlantis before SGU premiered would be a mistake. Without the fan lead-in from Atlantis, they're going to have to do some fancy footwork in terms of publicity and programming to give the show a good start.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            I'm going to give it a chance. I've liked everything Stargate (with a few excepetions) so far.

as have i, everything so far has been great, exept infinity...i cant stand that show. but they did stress the fact that it was going to be very different than what sg1 and atlantis are...was like. personally im quite looking forward to the show.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                              It's one of the reasons I thought cancelling Atlantis before SGU premiered would be a mistake. Without the fan lead-in from Atlantis, they're going to have to do some fancy footwork in terms of publicity and programming to give the show a good start.
                              However, are you forgetting the mass of folks out there who get their Stargate from a source other than Sci-Fi channel? These folks won't have a break in Stargate material. In my neck of the woods, season 4 is just about to start on the local cable network. Once seaon 5 is over (in 2010), these fans will move right in to season one of Universe.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X