This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known characters in SG:U - 1x01

Atlantis have RDA and Shanks in the 1x01 - Rising to pass the torch to the new crew (like Bones in TNG, Picard in DS9 and Quark in Voyager), so it's logicaly to assume that S:GU will also have characters/actors from SG-1/Atlantis in ti's first episode, in moment when embarks on it's maiden voyage.

I would like to see Sheppard, McKay, Mitchell and Landry.
    Last edited by Miroslav; 28 August 2008, 04:33 AM.

I'm not 100% sure but if I was abetting man I would put a lot of money on Daniel.

Comment

Dude these posts are extremely pointless, there is no way we could possibly go past speculation. There are like a million actors they can get for the cast, lots of people they could choose to guest from other series, lots of colours the stargate can have, lots of name the characters can have, etc. Why can't we just wait and see?
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
        Why can't we just wait and see?
        Why don't you start a new thread for the patient fans, who don't want to speculate?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          Dude these posts are extremely pointless, there is no way we could possibly go past speculation. There are like a million actors they can get for the cast, lots of people they could choose to guest from other series, lots of colours the stargate can have, lots of name the characters can have, etc. Why can't we just wait and see?
          Why exactly did you join the forums?
          Meh.

Comment

how about daniel and vala.
            Vala naturally trying to go true the gate with the team to explore(collect for her self) the new ancient ship(treasure).
            Daniel tryes to stop here mayby he stops here mayby not i am not decided on that part.
            But it would be humours and in the same style as daniel wanting to go and jack stopping him.

Comment

If anyone's going to figure out what the 9th chevron is for, my guess is that it would be Daniel.
              sigpic
              FOX Network

Comment

I HOPE they do a lot more then just include known characters for just the first few episodes. I'm really hoping some of them stay the entire course of the series, SGA to me has ended way too soon imo and I dont like the thought of getting to know a totally different set of characters without at least a few known faces. I dont know the situation on this but it sounds to me that they are going for a completely new set of actors which I dont like the idea of one bit ... I'm all for refreshing the franchise but I would hate to lose any sort of familiarity with the current franchise.

Personally I think they have to include some familiar faces, it would be a mistake not to for the current fanbase imo.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin81 View Post
                  I HOPE they do a lot more then just include known characters for just the first few episodes. I'm really hoping some of them stay the entire course of the series, SGA to me has ended way too soon imo and I dont like the thought of getting to know a totally different set of characters without at least a few known faces. I dont know the situation on this but it sounds to me that they are going for a completely new set of actors which I dont like the idea of one bit ... I'm all for refreshing the franchise but I would hate to lose any sort of familiarity with the current franchise.

Personally I think they have to include some familiar faces, it would be a mistake not to for the current fanbase imo.
                  I completely agree with you.

If i were to choose who should be carried over from either SG1 or Atlantis I would say either Sheppard, Mitchell or Reynolds. Sheppard would be my top choice out of these three as his a decent character which hasn't really showed his full potential in Atlantis as a character you could really enjoy just to sit down and watch (i blame this on the writers giving him the role of 'hero' evry week, but thats a whole new can of worms )

Next I would have Reynolds, his always been in the background of things on SG1, but was a capable leader and showed some decent emotion throughout the years. Also his inclusion as a characte from SG1 wouldn;t impact on any films in the pipeworks, as well as the fact that this character has a lot of room to grow and we can learn much more about him.

No here are the reasons I have chosen those three as my reasons for inclusion in SGU, or rather why they would be a better fit to other characters.

If we had McKay/Carter, it would be just like the last two series with techno mumbo jumbo at the end of an episode ( this was done more so in SGA but still).

Daniel/Vala, sorry I am a Vala hater and still believe she had no place on SG-1 let alone an intergalacti mission, Daniel, welll he would be alright but the writers seem intent on keeeping he and Vala together... also MS is busy atm.

O'Neill well, no, RDA would never commit to a brand new series...

Landry, just no, sorry but i think the days of the Air Force General are numbered in the Stargate universe...

As for Teyla and Ronon, I dont think they have much of a role in SGU as their motives are mainly for the people of the PG and nothing more.

Feel freee to rip me to shreds
                  Meh.

Comment

I think Jack Bauer should be in it. After he is done with Season 7 of 24, he should join the SGU crew.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                      I think Jack Bauer should be in it. After he is done with Season 7 of 24, he should join the SGU crew.
                      Lol, destroying the Wraith, in 24 hours.... split-screen style!
                      Meh.

Comment

They could include anyone, up to and including Siler in the first episode. Who will be included depends upon who is free at the time of shooting.

Do I want to see any of them in Universe?

No.

And I'm not sure that the producers, actors or writers want these characters in SGU. Their reasons are likely different from mine. In their case (my assumption), if they are in SGU this would mean they would not be available for any future projects (like the DVD films). This is kinda' like short-sheeting your own bed when you lose a very popular character from one show to a spin-off.

In my case, I don't want to see them because I want to see something new. I want those responsible for making Universe to WOW me with how creative they can be. I do not want the security blanket of Carter (luv Amanda Tapping), McKay (he's great), or any of the other familiar faces. I like them in the previous shows.

I say, develop a new character or fifty. Let the new character development move the show along with what story arcs come along.

Give me something new, dammit!!!

regards,
                        G.

PS - but if a known character does have to be in the show, I say Col. Dixon (Adam Baldwin).
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                        X