This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - Adam Baldwin for Lead Role

I have read some of the news reviews that have been here on GateWorld about the upcoming Stargate Universe and all I can say is if they want as good a programme as it all started with Richard Dean Anderson, then they couldnt go wrong with casting Adam Baldwin in the lead role. They want the same humour yet a star to take the lead role and I personally think he would be the rightr man for the job. Having played in SG-1 previosuly he's a known part of the Stargate franchise to fans already and to newcomers would be a welcome face in a cast of new characters. In my oipinion he has shown he can be just as funn as RDA if anyone has watched the series Firefly and Angel they can see he can play funny when needs must and also has the RDA factor of being cool at the same time. He gets my vote and all I can say is I hope to see him soon resprisng his role as Col Dave Dixon, hopefully promoted to a higher rank - to lead the new team into Stargate Universe.

Thats it my little rant and I hope you'll all agree with me a very good choice, RDA topped it all when he played Jack, so there can never be another Jack, ok Cam's tried and Shepherd too but hey RDA nailed it big time. But lets see if Adam can fill his shoes in a new role.

long live Sci fi and Stargate - may it reign forever

Lee
    Knight

If either Adam Baldwin or Nathan Fillion are cast, I'd be a happy camper (yes, I love Firefly... who doesn't?).
    Resident Swede on Gateworld Forum

Comment

Yeah, AB was great in the Firefly series, he could be a good addition if he isn't the lead character in SGU.
      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by HD89 View Post
        If either Adam Baldwin or Nathan Fillion are cast, I'd be a happy camper (yes, I love Firefly... who doesn't?).
        *rasies hand*
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          *rasies hand*
          Really? What the hell is wrong with you?

Anywho, Adam Baldwin's busy being awesome on Chuck.

Comment

I've been suggesting Adam Baldwin for about a week... in other threads. I do like the choice. They could even use the Cameron Balinsky character to fill the Daniel Jackson type of guy. However, it is likely that Baldwin wouldn't be available due to other projects. A lot would depend on filming schedules, and even if he wanted to do it or not.

Who knows, maybe Chuck will start to suck and get cancelled in time for him to be picked up by SGU.

I suppose the same can be said for Nathan Fillion.

A lot of things are just based on timing. Ben Browder was being sought to play the Shepherd roll in SGA but couldn't due to filming of "Peacekeeper Wars".

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

I can't imagine him in anything else but a supporting role.
              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by knight View Post
                I have read some of the news reviews that have been here on GateWorld about the upcoming Stargate Universe and all I can say is if they want as good a programme as it all started with Richard Dean Anderson, then they couldnt go wrong with casting Adam Baldwin in the lead role. They want the same humour yet a star to take the lead role and I personally think he would be the rightr man for the job. Having played in SG-1 previosuly he's a known part of the Stargate franchise to fans already and to newcomers would be a welcome face in a cast of new characters. In my oipinion he has shown he can be just as funn as RDA if anyone has watched the series Firefly and Angel they can see he can play funny when needs must and also has the RDA factor of being cool at the same time. He gets my vote and all I can say is I hope to see him soon resprisng his role as Col Dave Dixon, hopefully promoted to a higher rank - to lead the new team into Stargate Universe.

Thats it my little rant and I hope you'll all agree with me a very good choice, RDA topped it all when he played Jack, so there can never be another Jack, ok Cam's tried and Shepherd too but hey RDA nailed it big time. But lets see if Adam can fill his shoes in a new role.

long live Sci fi and Stargate - may it reign forever

Lee
                Naaaah he is to expensive!!!!. They wanna make money!!!!!Don't forget that!!!
                You also forget that they are aiming for ages under 15!!!
                he is to OOOld.
                I wonder what ages will play the game? 3 to 10?
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

He's on a hit network tv show. He's not leaving for SGU. Sometimes I think people live in their own, separate world.

Comment

James Darren - COMMANDER of STU

=P (do a search if you don't know the name...props if you do)
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                      You also forget that they are aiming for ages under 15!!!
                      he is to OOOld.
                      I wonder what ages will play the game? 3 to 10?

Comment

Originally posted by naonak View Post
                        lol

Comment

I don't see why Universe has to have the strong military leader role of Jack Clones.

We don't need another Jack/Cam/Shep role, try to mix up the character archetypes; gives us someone completely different- someone who leads the team, but keeps to himself and has a massive ethical/ anger problem or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                            I've been suggesting Adam Baldwin for about a week... in other threads. I do like the choice. They could even use the Cameron Balinsky character to fill the Daniel Jackson type of guy. However, it is likely that Baldwin wouldn't be available due to other projects. A lot would depend on filming schedules, and even if he wanted to do it or not.

Who knows, maybe Chuck will start to suck and get cancelled in time for him to be picked up by SGU.

I suppose the same can be said for Nathan Fillion.

A lot of things are just based on timing. Ben Browder was being sought to play the Shepherd roll in SGA but couldn't due to filming of "Peacekeeper Wars".

regards,
                            G.

Take it back, take it back. Chuck must go on FOREVER!!!!! Its a fantastic show and Adam Baldwin is perfectly cast in the role he has.

Since Nathan's show isn't starting until 2009 I an sure he remains unavailable.

Both are incredible choices, just not available.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              WHAAAAAAAAAAT?
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."