Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will/should the Furlings feature in SGU ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will/should the Furlings feature in SGU ?

I think they will show the ferlings in STU. What do you you guys think?

I hope not, that would ruin the joke.

Comment

I hope not. I like the idea that unlike the Ancients or the Asgard or the Nox they just died out.

Like, there's an Air of that when the mention them in Paradise Lost. It seems cool to have this race that helped shape the galaxy millions of years ago but died out and didn't ascend or clone themselves or anything.

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
      Vir: I don't understand...
      Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

Never going to happen
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Never going to happen
          Never say never. I think that TBTB keep Furlings, Stargate disclosure and stuff like that for Stargate SG-1 movies.

Comment

I'll say never because their an SG1 race and TPTB have stated many times they regret creating them. They will show up after I win the lottery.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

nope I don't think so
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

You could NEVER have first contact with the Furlings without Jack O'Neill. Two L's.

Comment

We know of the Four Great Races - Ancients, Asgard, Nox, and Furling.

What we know: The Asgard were from another galaxy. The gate seeding ship then the destiny were sent to seed the universe with stargates.

What we don't know: How far apart were the seeding ship and destiny. If the Nox and Furling are from the Milky way galaxy.

Here is my theory.

Millions of years ago the gate seeder seeded Ida with gates.
                  Sometime in the last 30,000 years the Asgard discovered the gate.

What I'm wondering is did the same thing happen for the Nox and/or Furling.

It is quite possible that the Nox and Furling discovered the gates and have still not yet been visited by the Destiny.

This could mean that we could see the homeworld of the Nox and finally meet the Furling and maybe even see more of the Asgard galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                    We know of the Four Great Races - Ancients, Asgard, Nox, and Furling.

What we know: The Asgard were from another galaxy. The gate seeding ship then the destiny were sent to seed the universe with stargates.

What we don't know: How far apart were the seeding ship and destiny. If the Nox and Furling are from the Milky way galaxy.

Here is my theory.

Millions of years ago the gate seeder seeded Ida with gates.
                    Sometime in the last 30,000 years the Asgard discovered the gate.

What I'm wondering is did the same thing happen for the Nox and/or Furling.

It is quite possible that the Nox and Furling discovered the gates and have still not yet been visited by the Destiny.

This could mean that we could see the homeworld of the Nox and finally meet the Furling and maybe even see more of the Asgard galaxy.
                    1. we already saw the nox homeworld.
                    2. they won't have the furling in sgu

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

If the Furlings appear it will likely be yet again in a comic episode.

Comment

yes
                        sigpic

Comment

I too like the idea of them remaining a mystery. The ancients were so much cooler when we hardly knew anything about them, imo. And that's not really a slight on the direction tptb took their story, its just cool and realistic to have these grand mysteries in life. I'd like it if they explored them more in a Paradise Lost kind of way where we just get a small slice of their tech/liefestyle, but nothing major.

Perfecto!

Comment

Robert C. Cooper regrets even creating the Furlings so we will definitely never see them. Though Paradise Lost seemed to suggest they were wiped out by the Goa'uld.

Comment

As i feel about the Furling's is this ..

They created the Furling's and they should show something about the Furling's in some way ... As for the TIMELINE , Well i see it going this way ..

Earth over 50 Million Years ago , the Ancients found a settlement on a blue planet where they might have started work on creating a new world for them selfs . Know that they could travel from Planet to Planet within there new galaxy , they went out traveling to find out they weren't the only ones out here in this galaxy ...

They might have first found the Nox's , a Peaceful race that might not have been as advanced in technology but did know the way to enlightenment , Witch the Ancients might have wanted to learn ..

With in this timeline they might have been PLACING STARGATES on these world one by one , a Hands on Job at the time . This could have take years to do , or could have take a few months seeing how the ancients knew there stuff ..

Once most of the Planets where seeded with STARGATES in the MW Galaxy , the ancients might have wanted to take there Journey to other galaxies . Look out there they might have noticed a few CLOSER galaxies to start out with , Ida galaxy and maybe another one ( Who knows this is my theory on it ) Reaching these other galaxy first before setting out to the ida galaxy , they might have found a NEW race here , the FURLING's .

This new race might have been the first race they might have came across that was as advanced as they where , and might have had new technology to share . Over the time they could have been helping out with Seeding the Furling galaxy with STARGATES . Learning from each other , and stuff . This would have also made a new Alliance with the Ancients and the Nox's ...

Taking a break from seeding galaxies with STARGATES , they might have started there new Alliance with trade with the Furling's and Nox's . After a while the Ancients might have started up there Seeding again . Now looking back to the ida galaxy . Taking the trip there and seeding this galaxy the might have found a young human like race called the Asgard's .

At first the Ancients might have look at the Asgards as primitive Aliens , but knew they had great chance at learning new ways and technology . The ancients might have started teaching the Asgards about traveling there the stargate , and had them help out with seeding there galaxy as well . Once done they might have also told them about other races they have come across in other galaxies ( Nox's and Furling's ) . Bring the Asgard's into this new Alliance , as well as the youngest race in the alliance ..

Over the years the Ancients where go planet to planet in the MW galaxy finding new things out , and might have came across a new VIRUS that they couldn't figure out , by the time they learned about this Virus it could have been to late for anyone to stop it ( AIDS kind of Virus , but airborn ) . The only way to kill off this VIRUS was to stop it cold . Travel to a new Galaxy and kill off everything about the Virus ...

This could have made it where they Ancient instead of KILLING off all LIFE , they killed off all ANCIENT LIFE ( Meaning setting the DAKARA SUPER-WEAPON ) . The Nox's where safe as well as the Furling's that come to the MW Galaxy ...

As they left 50 million years ago , the last of the Ancients in the MW galaxy might have set off the device . While the one's that weren't infected by the VIRUS left for the Pegasus galaxy ... This is where the Ancients might have not stayed in contact with the other great races .

Over time the 3 remaining races might have stop talking with each other , and as it goes ...

NOX's - Keeping to there selfs and staying out of fights with everyone ...

Furling's - Keeping with the technology they might have been a victim of there own technology and killed there selfs , making it where that other Furling's might have wanted to stay in there own galaxy ..

Asgards - Being the YOUNGEST of the races , they might have been on there own quest to learn more , and started to do there own thing , learning from the Ancients and the Furlings . The asgards might have thought it was best to stay in the MW galaxy to watch over incase the Ancients came back for some reason ..

10'000 Years ago on earth , when the Ancient returned to the MW Galaxy .

This would have been the time when the Ancients got back , and instead of going to there FRIENDS . Asgards , Furlings and Noxs they might have thought it was best to stay out of the way ...

Now with in this timeline i would say that the Ancients might have started seeding other galaxies after they SEEDED the Ida galaxy . Seeing that it takes time for them to create STARGATES one at a time , they might and found it easier to create a machine to do it for them . But they had to replace or mod the First Gen STARGATES with a 9th chevron to connect to there new SHIP from anywhere in any galaxy ..

Comment

Working...
                              X