This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Four Great Races" SGU version

so, we all know that destiny is an old ship right? ... it's so old that it could have been created when alterans were in an alliance with nox asgard and furlings.
    so do you ppl think we will see epps about "The Four Great Races" and what was going on with them. do you think will will see furlings or brake away parts of ancients/nox/asgard in one of those galaxies they will visit?

this is "the dreaming" topic ... start moving your brains and fingers ppl what would you like to see in sgu(ancients in another galaxy who interefere? nox who commit murders or partying asgard? )

start flooding
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

It would be great, but the series is supposed to be seperate from the earlier ones, so there'll probably be as little references to past stuff as possible. And also i think the alliance was formed later, but i may be wrong at this, most dates in SG tend to be vague, like "milions of years ago", the same when ancients left MW, same in AOT...

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

From what I understand, it was before the Great Alliance that the Destiny was sent out, for me "millions of years ago" does it for me.
      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

When was the Alliance of Four Great Races? It seems that it follow the pattern of the ambiguous "millions of years" ago too...

Comment

well i think SGU is before the great alliance. but maybe
          it will end that they start the great alliance, just a thought.
          well only time will tell,when we get more info
          now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

i just wanted to mention that there was a line like this somewhere in SGU 'text'
            "the anciens were at their peak when the destiny was built" i think that beeing a part of the greatest alliance in the known universe is their peak.

but who knows

btw ppl i didn't hear your hopes and dreams for SGU. start typing!
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

An Asgard told Jack that you had to pretty advanced to be part of the Alliance. 30,000 years ago the Asgard did not have hyper drives. Remember their first ship they were all in stasis. I don't even think the Asgard were an intelligent species millions of years ago. It leads me to believe that the Alliance was created after the ancients returned from Pegasus 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Then comes the next question. Didn't most of the ancients either ascend or intermingle with the primitve humans of earth? From what I've read and seen, Less than a third of the returning ancients left through the stargate. How then did they manage to start an alliance with such low number? A handful of failed alltarans/lantians/ancients.
                sigpic
                Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                RIP Nuada

Comment

you know, it's so good we have another thread for this, i just thought i was content with one but, i was wrong!

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                    An Asgard told Jack that you had to pretty advanced to be part of the Alliance. 30,000 years ago the Asgard did not have hyper drives. Remember their first ship they were all in stasis. I don't even think the Asgard were an intelligent species millions of years ago. It leads me to believe that the Alliance was created after the ancients returned from Pegasus 10,000 years ago.
                    First, can you tell me which episode the Asgard told Jack this? I'd like to view the scene.

Second I agree with Yaskaleh who said:

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post
                    Didn't most of the ancients either ascend or intermingle with the primitve humans of earth? From what I've read and seen, Less than a third of the returning ancients left through the stargate. How then did they manage to start an alliance with such low number? A handful of failed alltarans/lantians/ancients.
                    When the Ancients returned to Earth it essentially marked the end of their civilization as they dispersed to all parts of the globe or ascended. No time to establish an alliance.
                    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                      so, we all know that destiny is an old ship right? ... it's so old that it could have been created when alterans were in an alliance with nox asgard and furlings.
                      so do you ppl think we will see epps about "The Four Great Races" and what was going on with them. do you think will will see furlings or brake away parts of ancients/nox/asgard in one of those galaxies they will visit?

this is "the dreaming" topic ... start moving your brains and fingers ppl what would you like to see in sgu(ancients in another galaxy who interefere? nox who commit murders or partying asgard? )

start flooding

You know I wish Stargate SG-1 touched on the other four species.

Comment

It might just be that they didn't have advanced intergalactic hyperdrives yet, but were very adept with interstellar hyperdrives for some time so getting to the Milky Way or a much further away location was a bit more difficult for them. Which doesn't mean they weren't advanced enough to be part of the alliance 5-10 million years. Afterall, a couple of the franchise's most deadly foes were limited to their galaxy. Plus the Asgard did tell Humans they were the fifth before fading off into the sunset and since they're not really sentimental beings, it's possible they were basing that off of the original standards for admission. Which I personally think had to do with intellect, not necessarily the level of technological development.

Comment

Well first off that makes no sense in allot of ways ... Why , you might ask yourself ... Well let me break it down to you ...

1. Ancients LEFT Earth 50 Million years ago cause of a VIRUS , they left for the Pegasus Galaxy . These means that the Ancients , Nox's , Furling's and Asgard's had to have some kind of Alliances ... Seeing how the only thing we have on the GREAT ALLIANCE was in SG-1 and it was found in the MW Galaxy ...

2. The Last of the KNOWN Ancients that we now of from the pegasus galaxy left there 10 thousand years ago for HOME ( Earth ) . Once here they saw that earth had its own new race starting out . Some might have stayed to help while the rest went off to do there own thing ..

This left no room for a short term alliance and would have put the Asgards at some kind of disadvantage ..

Now i do believe the Asgards didn't have Hyper Drives 30,000 years ago , but thats cause they might have not needed to travel that fast at that time .. Seeing how the STARGATE was in there galaxy as well ..

Comment

I'm guessing that the ship that they sent out to seed the universe with stargates went through the Ida galaxy or it least where the Asguard where living along with the others of the alliance before they allied together, for whatever reason they decided to club together. Perhaps it was to share knowledge and tech etc...?????

I think that this should be covered in it least one episode to help clear things up for us all.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Maybe they'll touch on it, like in one episode, but I think the 4 GR are more an SG-1 thing.

I just hope the enemies of the show won't somehow be able to speak modern English or be obvious humans in costumes, which is something that annoys me about sci-fi shows!
                              As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

Comment

Working...
                              X