This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Timeline

This is my understanding of the stargate timeline and also how it fits in with SGU

Many million years ago - The Alterans/Ori are one society living peacefully in their home galaxy. At some point they have a difference of opinions and the Alterans break away and decide to leave to explore and escape the Ori.

Thousands or millions of years later - The Alterans arrive in the milky way galaxy. From there they send of the gate seeding ship and the follow up ship(Destiny) to seed the milky way galaxy as well as many other galaxies including Ida(the Asgard galaxy), but never making it to Pegasus.

(during this gap the Alterans advance and as far as we know live mostly in peace)

Millions of year later - The Ori send the plague to the milky way galaxy. This plague kills many of the Alterans. Trying to escape the plague many of the surviving Alterans took Atlantis to the Pegasus galaxy while a few may have began to ascend. Before leaving they use the device at Dakara(possibly for the second time) to re-seed life in the galaxy. Once in Pegasus they seed the galaxy with stargates, because Destiny had not gotten that far. At this point they decide to update the stargate(this would explain why Pegasus has different gates and The milkyway,Ida, Ori/Alteran home galaxy have the older type of gates).

(During this gap in time the Alterans - now known as Lanteans - explore Pegasus. Research more on ascension, and have their DNA combined with the Iratis bug - thereby creating the Wraith)

10,000 years ago - To escape a loosing battle the Lanteans sink atlantis and return to earth. When reaching earth they realize that with the primitive society they cannot re-establish their great empire. Know known as the Ancients they do one of 3 things. 1. Interbreed with the current evolution of humans living on earth(passing down the ATA gene). 2. Live in seclusion and ascend. 3. Return to space and create the Alliance of the Four Great Races.
    ***Note: It is also around this time(minus a few thousand years) that the Goa'uld emerge as a species.
    ***Note: It is also around this time(minus a few thousand years) that the Asgard visit earth and other worlds creating Norse mythology

4,000 years ago - Ra comes to earth. He enslaves humanity and spreads human slaves around the galaxy. Sometime later he is over thrown and the gate is buried.(This creates the Egyptian god mythologies)

~1,500 years ago - An ascended Merlin - realizing the threat that the Ori pose - retakes human form and creates the SanGraal and creates the Knights of the Round Table to protect it.(This creates Arthurian legends)

1928 - Earth's stargate is discovered in Egypt.

1994 - Earth goes to Abydos

1997 - Earth starts ongoing Stargate program.

2004 - Earth finds the location of the lost city of Atlantis and assembles an expedition.

2009 - Earth finds the Destiny and assembles an expedition.

I've created a large timeline you might be interested in at
    Timeline of the Ancients - covers most of the Stargate saga. It is rather long and includes spoilers from the SG-1 movies. I'm still in the process of updating as that is the nature of the wiki.

The SGU Stargate Seeding and Destiny ships were launched after the Ancients arrived in the Milky Way and before they left for Pegasus, most likely. That would be anywhere between 10-50 million years ago.
    Last edited by DeeKayP; 26 August 2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Good read - it's nice to see it all laid out in one brief passage

However, I think Ra came to earth 8,000 years ago, and the revolution when the gate was buried happened 5,000 years ago (Mobius was set in 3,000BC, so Ra had to come to earth more than 4,000 years ago, and that was about the time of the revolt, which is why real world Egyptian society as we know it starts about then).

And while the movie was made in 1994, in SG-1, they talking about it only being a year ago and no date is stated in the movie, so it is generally accepted to have happened in 1996.
      I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
        I've created a large timeline you might be interested in at
        Timeline of the Ancients - covers most of the Stargate saga. It is rather long and includes spoilers from the SG-1 movies. I'm still in the process of updating as that is the nature of the wiki.

The SGU Stargate Seeding and Destiny ships were launched after the Ancients arrived in the Milky Way and before they left for Pegasus, most likely. That would be anywhere between 10-50 million years ago.
        Well thats the one thing that hasn't been answered at all yet ...

When was Atlantis BUILT ... TIme line for Atlantis ....

If Atlantis was built in the Milky Way Galaxy ( Witch could be true ) why haven't we found others ( Besides the one in Towers ) .. Where are the other ones in the Milky Way Galaxy . Or better yet , why didn't the Ancients build another Atlantis like ship when they returned to Earth , a Place where they could study while they where learning how to ASCEND ..

As for the Destiny , well all we know at this point is that the Ancients sent it to SEED other Galaxies millions of years ( How many MILLIONS we don;t know yet ) before Atlantis was built ...

We also know that the ANCIENTS had the PLANS to built the STARGATE network before they left the Ori Galaxy ... Somewhere between the MW Galaxy and the Ori Galaxy they made it a point to make the STARGATE there center way to travel ..

Now they could have stopped at another Galaxy before making it to the MW Galaxy ( Could be where the Ancients LIVED in the Asgard Galaxy FIRST , making friends with the Asgards while in there Human form ) ... Over the years they could have built the Destiny to go ahead of them to the Milky Way Galaxy to seed it with LIFE and STARGATES ... Once it made its run threw are galaxy it could have them went to the Pegasus Galaxy and seed it ..

The only thing that gets me on this one here is this ..

Earth and the MW have a Different Design STARGATE then the Pegasus and Atlantis .. Witch to me would mean that Atlantis was built in the PEGASUS GALAXY . As well as the Destiny would have been sent out after the Ancients got to the Milky Way and seeded it with there OWN First Gen. STARGATES ...

maybe this time around well see a new style GATE ...

Comment

atlantis was built in milky way, you see it take off in the first episode...

your timeline is good..im hoping universe reveals a lot more about alteran history.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post

Earth and the MW have a Different Design STARGATE then the Pegasus and Atlantis .. Witch to me would mean that Atlantis was built in the PEGASUS GALAXY . As well as the Destiny would have been sent out after the Ancients got to the Milky Way and seeded it with there OWN First Gen. STARGATES ...

maybe this time around well see a new style GATE ...
            Atlantis was built in the Milky Way. The first episode of Atlantis shows Atlantis leaving earth. I have a strong feeling that Atlantis had a milky way style gate until after Atlantis got to the Pegasus galaxy.

Because of this I really hope that all the stargates in SGU have milky way gates for the sake of continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
              Atlantis was built in the Milky Way. The first episode of Atlantis shows Atlantis leaving earth. I have a strong feeling that Atlantis had a milky way style gate until after Atlantis got to the Pegasus galaxy.

Because of this I really hope that all the stargates in SGU have milky way gates for the sake of continuity.
              I like the Milky Way style much better, too. The sound effects make them sound heavy and long-lasting.

As far as when Atlantis was built, it could have been as long ago as 30 million years, taking into account that Praclarus Taonas had an identical outpost to that which was in Antarctica that had the city-ship Atlantis associated with it. (30 million years is estimated based off of the knowledge of the existence of the Taonas outpost and the assumed time period based off of the continental drift in the map that Jack showed from his Ancient download.) If the Ancients built outpost-city-ship settlements, then Taonas Outpost could have been associated with a city-ship Taonas. Morgan Le Fay described Taonas as a "Lantian city", which might have been indicative of that style of city-ship's being like a class (like Aurora-Class). Maybe Atlantis is a Lantian-Class city-ship and was the first of its kind.

It could be, then, that the city-ship Taonas left the planet Praclarus as soon as the sun started to expand, but was present in the Milky Way 30 million years ago. The 30-million-old data seemed to imply that the Ancients knew that Atlantis was on Earth then as well.

At that point, then, it could be assumed that the Ancients built Atlantis over 30 million years ago. If we were to assume that Atlantis existed after the Seeder and Destiny were sent out, then those two ships were built 30-50 million years ago.

Neither show likes to put an exact date on such huge spans of time -- I guess it is just to give them more "wiggle room" to plug in events, such as what they seem to be doing with SGU.

I'd love for them to discover other city-ships in the style of Atlantis. I was disappointed when no more information was gathered about the origins of the city-ship discovered in the SGA episode "The Tower". Such lost potential. You'd think that Daniel would be all over trying to discover more about that city to see if it was another legendary lost city.
              Last edited by DeeKayP; 27 August 2008, 04:19 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

There are definitely things that need to be explained. For example, the reason for the difference in Stargate design between MW and PG. Did the Destiny skip the PG altogether and the Ancients populated the galaxy with a newer designed Stargate? It's unlikely that they replaced an already populated galaxy with a new Stargate design for looks alone. They work exactly the same as MW gates and have never been shown to have any improvements over the MW gates. So it would seem that PG was without gates until the Ancients took gates there.

Also, unless I missed something, it has never been said that Ida was populated with gates by the Ancients. The gates they have could have simply been given to the Asgard as a way to communicate with each other easily after having met. Also, we have never even seen a gate in the Ori galaxy, although it can be assumed because priors have traveled from their galaxy to the MW that they have constructed some sort of gate or interface to travel to gates.

We don't know the answers to these things because we've never been told. We don't know if any other civilizations exist in Ida besides the Asgard, who have a number of planets, which may or may not all have a gate.

It makes sense that the gates would look like the MW gates and would have been sent some time before they moved on to Pegasus. Or, it's possible that they moved to Pegasus because they knew it was already seeded with gates, and that all future gates in other galaxies will look like PG gates.

Comment

Working...
                X