Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solutions: Exclusive - Paul McGillion and Rachel Luttrell interview re cancellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solutions: Exclusive - Paul McGillion and Rachel Luttrell interview re cancellation

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1540

Today Paul McGillion (Dr. Carson Beckett) and Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan) were kind enough to take a few minutes between filming scenes to chat with Solutions about the cancellation of their show, Stargate Atlantis, as a regular series. They had some very interesting insights as to how the news struck them, and about moving on.

Much more of INTERVIEW at link above

» I freaking love adore these people. Thanks Michelle.

Comment

so cute, i love Paul and Rachell, and yes we're the best fanbase in the world of tv show.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Thanks so much for the link prion
        sigpic

Comment

That was such a sweet interview. I hope they both get some good roles after SGA

Comment

So, the cast thought that there would be a 6th season, the crew thought so too, the fans did also, the ratings were growing, they won the People's Choice Award... and TPTB canceled the show. I just don't get the world anymore.

Thank you for the interview. It's sweet but also very sad

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
              So, the cast thought that there would be a 6th season, the crew thought so too, the fans did also, the ratings were growing, they won the People's Choice Award... and TPTB canceled the show. I just don't get the world anymore.

Thank you for the interview. It's sweet but also very sad
              Well, drop by the link and let the Solutions folk know too. Oh, you can visit Rachel's site and let her know.

I've put together a compilation of what the cast have all said, thus far, about the cancellation, plus online places to leave messages.

Located at : http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/233387.html

Comment

Great interview, both will be sorely missed.

Listenning to all these interviews and reading between the lines it sounds as if all actors really thought they did enough to get a 6th season and they seem as baffled as we are by the decision to cancel the show, if not more.
                sigpic

Comment

I will never understand why fans of Atlantis say "I'll never watch Universe because of this!"

What does that solve other than hurting the entire Stargate Franchise? It won't bring SG-1 or Atlantis back. And if Universe does poorly, it won't increase the number of DVD movies. In fact, it might hurt it.

Give the show a chance. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't write it off because you're mad Atlantis was canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post

Well that's show business. Basically (and TPTB can say this isn't true to their blue in the face) Brad Wright and Robert Cooper wanted to start production on SGU but didn't want to do it while Atlantis was on the air (too much work and they would be competing with themselves as Star Trek did during the TNG/VOY/DS9 years). The SG1 movies where a hit and MGM wants to make more $$ so why not make Atlantis movies while it's popular.

I hope this plan doesn't backfire...there is a lot of angry fans and I for one have no interest in SGU at all. Atlantis could have run at least another year. I am also afraid with this whole, three or four movies a year, that's too much saturation of the market...it will be a passing fad and then fizzle out in a year or two...I hate to say it but I think they should only do 1 movie a year (1 year SG-1 the next year Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by VinceB View Post
                      I will never understand why fans of Atlantis say "I'll never watch Universe because of this!"

What does that solve other than hurting the entire Stargate Franchise? It won't bring SG-1 or Atlantis back. And if Universe does poorly, it won't increase the number of DVD movies. In fact, it might hurt it.

Give the show a chance. If you don't like it, don't watch it. But don't write it off because you're mad Atlantis was canceled.
                      I agree with you here. If we are going to continue to get SG1 and SGA films then the franchise as a whole needs to be doing well and that includes SGU, boycotting it won't bring SGA back and may well result in us getting fewer movies than we might otherwise have done. If you're not interested in it then fair enough don't watch but actively campaigning against it will only harm the entire franchise.

Originally posted by timtonruben359 View Post
                      Well that's show business. Basically (and TPTB can say this isn't true to their blue in the face) Brad Wright and Robert Cooper wanted to start production on SGU but didn't want to do it while Atlantis was on the air (too much work and they would be competing with themselves as Star Trek did during the TNG/VOY/DS9 years). The SG1 movies where a hit and MGM wants to make more $$ so why not make Atlantis movies while it's popular.

I hope this plan doesn't backfire...there is a lot of angry fans and I for one have no interest in SGU at all. Atlantis could have run at least another year. I am also afraid with this whole, three or four movies a year, that's too much saturation of the market...it will be a passing fad and then fizzle out in a year or two...I hate to say it but I think they should only do 1 movie a year (1 year SG-1 the next year Atlantis)
                      I don't think they will ever pull off doing that many movies, I think we'll only see one a year if we're lucky for the simple fact that the cast are going to eventually move on to other things - if one or more of the cast land a regular slot on another show they aren't going to be able to drop everything to go and make two SGA movies every year, I just don't see it happening and I suspect that in time we'll actually see the SG1 and SGA casts merging and then writing the films around which ever actors are available.

Comment

There's actually a discussion thread for the SGA/SGU discussion at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57950

This is really more a thread for Paul and Rachel's reactions

Comment

Apologies if I added to taking things OT it was not intentional

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                            Apologies if I added to taking things OT it was not intentional
                            No problem. Just figured i'd say something before the mods swooped in

Comment

Working...
                            X