Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "Mythologies" would you like to see included?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What "Mythologies" would you like to see included?

Maybe it is time to start bringing back mythology based story arcs, i would like to see some inclusions for Mayan civilizations or Minoans, which were barely touched upon in previous episodes. I think the Mayan's could be related with a "Crystal Skull" alien story Ark. I would also like to see some inclusion for other lost civilization myths such as the lost kingdom of Hiva (cities of gold) or to fllow uo with other previously unidentified technologies such as those in "Paradise lost"
    "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
    I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
    They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

I don't believe SGU is any kind of show for THAT kind of mythology. That was SG1's territory due to the fact it was our galaxy. Sga fitted into the mythology by what it was in nature, but that's about it, it was a different gate show, but with root ties.

I'd rather see SGU be a show that maintains the initial identity of Stargate (real world, real problems, real tech, real soldiers) and throw them out into the edge of the universe and have original stories instead.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think either Easter Island or Stone Henge would be the coolest. maybe like Stone Henge was like a stone representation of the "Destiny" or even a landing pad.

Comment

Well, we can still do mythology stories even if we're not in our galaxy anymore; all we need is a sufficiently advanced civilization getting a hold of one of the seeded Gates and finding a way to Earth through it.

Hey, maybe that's where the Foothold aliens came from. They found a gate while their world was dying, and they decided to use it to find a new home: Earth (dun dun dun!!).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Well, we can still do mythology stories even if we're not in our galaxy anymore; all we need is a sufficiently advanced civilization getting a hold of one of the seeded Gates and finding a way to Earth through it.

Hey, maybe that's where the Foothold aliens came from. They found a gate while their world was dying, and they decided to use it to find a new home: Earth (dun dun dun!!).
          Now THAT works.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i hope they do something with the aztecs or mayan cultures
            sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see some mythology, though I don't see how they'd incorporate it considering they'd be visiting galaxies even the Ancients hadn't explored...

Comment

I see no reason for any kind of Earth based mythology to be included in this show, unless it is introduced for some important reason by the human "crew".

As has been pointed out previously, they are going to be traveling through a galaxy (galaxies?) which has not even been visited by the Ancients. While it might be nice to see different Earth cultures examined from a Stargate perspective, I just don't see it happening.

As it is, I've always hated how Stargate has tried to take credit for all of the various cultures on Earth. How and why did so many different Goa'uld influenced cultures appear on Earth? I'm willing to do the whole suspension of disbelief thing with regard to Egypt, but after that, how is there a chance in Hades that there would be any kind of influence on any people, anywhere else in the world? Also, several Goa'uld cultures, which are supposed to be the basis of an Earth culture, existed thousands of years apart. With no access to a stargate or any record of an off-world influence, how did these cultures get here? It just seemed to be laziness in the creative department.

I'm pretty much burned out on Earth mythology in Stargate. Do something new or don't do it at all. This is the chance to really start this franchise anew.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

I think if they start bumping into earth related cultures in a distant universe with no way to get home.. then that just reinforces the concept of no way home being silly even more so.

Only explanation would be some super advanced alien that travelled the universe which has now gone. Or, moved on and found different far away lands. But the time frames of our civilisation means in a universal perspective, they would have just been at earth, so how to make that all make sense is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
                    I think if they start bumping into earth related cultures in a distant universe with no way to get home.. then that just reinforces the concept of no way home being silly even more so.

Only explanation would be some super advanced alien that travelled the universe which has now gone. Or, moved on and found different far away lands. But the time frames of our civilisation means in a universal perspective, they would have just been at earth, so how to make that all make sense is hard.

Indeed.

I'm going to blame the Furlings. I bet that while they are advanced and all, they've likely devolved into some sort of "trickster" race who like to go around messing with other folks. Or perhaps they aren't as benevolent as the Asgard and take exception at these young upstarts snooping around on the ship of their old ally. As punishment, they leave the humans stranded.

The folks on Destiny are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

I'd love to see Lemuria pushed hard in a SG-mythology.

There's little information on Lemuria as compared to Atlantis.

Comment

What about Mu?

Comment

I always thought that the Goa'uld had taken humans from all over Earth prior to the uprising, yet there was only one Stargate. When Ra fled, he probably ordered the rest to leave.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            I always thought that the Goa'uld had taken humans from all over Earth prior to the uprising, yet there was only one Stargate. When Ra fled, he probably ordered the rest to leave.
                            That makes sense as Ra before he
                            Spoiler:
                            died
                            was the Supreme System Lord, which in the #1 Goauld!
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

They could introduce the Furlings, there isn't much known about them and what is known can be told in less than a minute.

GI Joe Handsome 1: "Who are the Furlings?"
                              GI Joe Handsome 2: "One of the first 4 most advanced races in this galaxy"
                              GI Joe Handsome 1: "Oh I see."

Actually that would take less than 5 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X