why no more DVD movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why no more DVD movies?

Is it true that JMS won't produce another DVD movie as he will only be prepared to do a film?

Why not a crusade movie?

Personally though I'd wipe crusade and Call to Arms off the storyline. They did nothing for the B5 franchise.

check it out
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Its sad, because if WB would give him the correct budget - a budget like Stargate Continuum and The Ark of Truth, I bet with the write creative team he could make some awesome B5 movies.
      That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        check it out Dang. You beat me to it.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Why no more movies?

Maybe because the existing ones are terrible.
          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I'm saddened to hear this--but at the same time, I also understand the reasons why.

It's amazing that WB doesn't realize what it has here: its own SF franchise along the lines of Star Trek and Stargate, and they're completely willing to let it lay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
              Why no more movies?

Maybe because the existing ones are terrible.
              "In the Beginning", "Thirdspace", and "A Call to Arms" are great, but "River of Souls" is just decent and "Legend of the Rangers" is insane-I don't know in a good or bad way.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Would like to see more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                  "In the Beginning", "Thirdspace", and "A Call to Arms" are great, but "River of Souls" is just decent and "Legend of the Rangers" is insane-I don't know in a good or bad way.
                  legend of the rangers was a great concept........it was just that the ships were awful and that holographic weapons interface is the kinda thing that could only have been created at 3 o'clock in the morning when jms was stoned.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdlover
                    There are many DVD mvies, that depend on your searching!
                    Other than TLT all the other Babylon 5 movies were meant for tv. I think TNT asked for 4 and Scifi 1.

Its important to remember there isn't new B5 dvd movies because WB doesn't want them. From what JMS has said in the pasted they meet with him about every 6 mouths - year to bag him to make more B5 they just don't want to give it a budget on par with Stargate/Star Trek/BSG. And considering how busy JMS is writing other movies I don't blame him for saying "Talk to me when you want to give me the money this project needs to be its best."
                    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

With the economy being what it is, unless a movie will be a sure hit, the studio won't release any sort of funds. Sadly, that's the way it is.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Unfortunately WB has never been very interested in releasing funds for B5, even before the current financial crisis. That's obvious in The Lost Tales, where the CGI is pretty good but there are almost no extras on the station. It really looks empty and abandoned.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Lost Tales was terrible. Easily the worst of the B5 movies.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Nonono. Lost Tales was infinitely better than that Rangers movie.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Oh yes it was better, but possibly not infinitely better. I do have to wonder, however, what they were thinking when they made Rangers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X