Guardian Pick of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardian Pick of the Day

The Guardian Weekend (UK) have listed Stargate Atlantis as their Pick of the Day for The Seed. It's quite a funny little passage so I thought I'd post it up. For anyone who doesn't read the Guardian, they take the piss out of everything whether they like it or not, so it's not worth working out what they actually think of the show. Clearly this was printed before the cancellation was announced, so no prospect of any BSG actors turning up now *sob* that would have been cool...though in fairness that was probably always unlikely. I think most of them regard themselves as much too serious actorrrs. Anyway, here it is:

'Robert Picardo from Star Trek: Voyager, Jewel Staite from Firefly: yep, this must be a Stargate show, still hoovering up discarded performers from sci-fi shows that've run their course or been cancelled (expect an influx from the recently completed Battlestar Galactica in the next few months). The always-enjoyable Picardo takes the helm of the SG team as one of their number becomes infected by an alien virus that's turning her into a spaceship. Yes, a spaceship! The tumourous disease looks suspiciously like a load of set dressing from BSG's Cylon Baseships strung together.'
    Last edited by topaz_bean; 26 August 2008, 01:46 PM.
    Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice
Working...
X