X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU Stargate Design

Hi All
    I wonder will they introduce a different type of stargate or use the sameone from SG-1?

» Hmmm. Maybe it'll be square or rectangular. I triangle would be neat, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Dear god! No a stargate is and should remain round! What an awefull idea! But that is just my opinon. No disrespect of course.
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Hehe, good old sarcasm...

Capricorn_One: Of course no one knows, but all the logic says "round"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
          Dear god! No a stargate is and should remain round! What an awefull idea! But that is just my opinon. No disrespect of course.
          What about oval
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

» Hmmm. I was joking on the triangle part , but I'm actually liking the oval idea. Kinda goes with the warped logo.

Comment

when i meant design i meant the patterns it will have the cheveon colours etc, for example the MW gates and PG gates.

Comment

I wonder what glyphs they'd use, I suppose they'd change depending on the Galaxy the Destiny's occupying...

Also, will it by the SG-1 lined constellations, or the Atlantis dotted ones, or something different?

Comment

It will be lines like SG1, but backlit like Atlantis.

I don't know, just brain storming.

Comment

Every galaxy does not have different styled stargates. Look at milky way, Ida, and the Ori galaxy. They all had the same style gates. Pegasus was one of the last places the ancients went and at that point they updated the stargate. So, based on the order of events I hope the creators don't mess it up and change the gates on SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by jimv1983 View Post
                      Every galaxy does not have different styled stargates. Look at milky way, Ida, and the Ori galaxy. They all had the same style gates. Pegasus was one of the last places the ancients went and at that point they updated the stargate. So, based on the order of events I hope the creators don't mess it up and change the gates on SGU.
                      IIRC we've never seen a gate from the Ori galaxy...

Comment

the gate on bord of the ship will be diffrent from all othere gates because it have to dile out in many diffrent galexies ie the constalations wont be set in stone and thay will change in the diffrent galexies but the gate will remain the same as a millky way gate

Comment

It makes more sense its like the original ones.., not the newer ones.. but yeah if they are like the atlantis ones, maybe green lights, or something different, thats fine by me.

Comment

Maybe the gate on the Destiny will use the Ancient equivalent of a LCD in the glyph area? Or perhaps round chevrons that can change color, and instead of seeing the glyph(s) spin around on the face of the gate, we see them scroll through the chevron until it locks on a symbol.

Comment

it was said tht this experment started at the height of the Ancient civilazition, so will tht mean they were still called Altanteans even though atlantis was built millions of years later.

Comment

Working...
                              X