This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellowship of the Gate

Found something else while I was cleaning up. Updated it slightly since it was written around the beginning of S6. Just more fluff.

The final ep of Stargate SG-1 deals with the fabled Sarc of Anubis.

Jack receives a strange gift- a Legacy of sorts- from Hammond, who is an Icon in the happy village of SGC. Hammond disappears in a flash of Fire and Water shortly after throwing a fabulous birthday party for himself wherein he gave away most of his worldly posessions to friends and Enemies alike. Daniel arrives unexpectedly and makes several surprising Revelations. He explains to Jack that the Sarc is very dangerous and that it once belonged to the Dark Lord Anubis. He waves a TER over the sarc and strange hieroglyphs begin to glow along the rim. He translates them for Jack.

One Sarc to rule them all, One Sarc to find them,
    One Sarc to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

In other words, he who posesses the Sarc has Absolute Power over everyone, and Anubis will take Desperate Measures in order to regain it. Even the SGC will not be safe, as it is only A Matter of Time before Anubis' forces discover them. Jack decides he must journey to Abydos and seek the advice of the Eggheads. He intends to go by himself, but Jonas, a quiet character with much Grace was hiding in the bushes outside Jack's house (It was In the Line of Duty, he was just gardening, I swear). He overheard Daniel's Disclosure and was determined to help Jack on his quest, especially since he's always wanted to meet the Eggheads. The two friends set off, only to bump into Major Davis and Lieutenant Grogan (who have an Affinity for getting into trouble) decide they could use a Holiday and invite themselves along.

The merry band of travelers (almost Family, in a way) encounter many adventures on their way to Abydos (including a strange encounter with the silly but likeable Urgo) and are pursued all the while by the Nazgoa'uld, emmisaries of Anubis. Jack and his team manage to escape... barely... with the help of The Tok'ra Martouf, a mysterious stranger who is far more than he seems.

Meanwhile, Daniel does battle with the evil wizard Simmons. Once a friend, Simmons is now a Nemesis who is plotting his own quest for the Sarc and the power it will bring to him. Daniel rejoins the team in Abydos, where Jack is still recovering from a nasty zat shot. The Eggheads have only a partial Cure for the wound. Jack will carry the scar with him as a Memento until his Exodus from this life. Surprisingly, Hammond is also in Abydos. Though Jack is happy to see him, he becomes alarmed when Hammond undergoes a brief Metamorphosis of character and tries to take the Sarc back.

The Council of Siler determines that the only way to destroy the Sarc is to take it to Netu and toss it Into the Fire of Mount Za'ha'dum. Carter the Egghead joins the quest as does the Jaffa Teal'c, a great Warrior who carries a weapon known as Thor's Hammer. Maybourne, who has Need of the Sarc for his own purposes, makes a Pretense of offering his Allegiance as well. The nine member team form a Covenant and set off, unaware of the potential Enemy Within their ranks.

They travel for a long time- at least half A Hundred Days- and after an attempt to cross a mountain which almost leaves them all Frozen, they decide to take a perilous venture Beneath the Surface where Jack notices that they are being pursued by someone- or some THING. Kawalsky fell prey to The Curse of the Sarc. He had it for many years before losing it to Hammond and has been tracking Jack in hopes of regaining his Precious.

Inside the mountain they find a Lost City of Jaffa which has fallen into disrepair. The inhabitants, whose Bloodlines match Teal'c's, are all dead. He is in mourning for them when the Reetou attack, attempting to Divide & Conquer the team. Daniel leads them to safety but takes One False Step in a battle against a hideous Entity known as a Replicator and it isn't long before he has soon Fallen into an Abyss. His Descent is thought to be fatal.

The loss of Daniel staggers the team, making them feel as if they have been Forsaken. It is a sad and weary bunch that make their way into the forests of the Egghead Anise who lives in a Paradise Lost amid the trees. Although she is hard to read at times- an Enigma- she provides rest and comfort to the team (though not all share that Point of View and remain wary of her Maternal Instinct). The visions in her magical Smoke and Mirrors provide a Prophecy of sorts and she takes Jack aside, telling him that he must finish the journey he started or risk starting a Chain Reaction that will doom their whole world.

The team travels down the river for many days, finally arriving at a Crossroads: should they continue on to Netu, or side-track to Maybourne's kingdom? There is a Fallout among the teammates. Maybourne corners Jack, attempting to convince him to help the people of his (Maybourne's) Birthright by arguing Politics. When that fails, he tries to steal the Sarc, but Jack manages to gain a Foothold and escape.

A band of Demons known as NID agents attack. Maybourne sees The Light and in a final act of Redemption, sacrifices himself in order to try and save Major Davis & Lieutenant Grogan. He dies heroically in his Last Stand, but unfortunately he does so a few minutes too soon and Major D and Grogan become Fair Game for the NID.

Unaware of his friends peril, Jack sees the attack as a Window of Opportunity and takes off, trying to reach the New Ground on the Other Side of the river. However, Jonas sees him, and Jack is forced to rescue his friend from the river. The two of them, the First Ones to begin the quest, continue on their way past the Point of No Return and deep into the Serpent's Lair of Anubis.

The movie will be the conclusion. Jack and Jonas are forced to team up with Kawalsky while the Other Guys from the team find danger and adventure on their own- including an encounter with The Nox, who are on a quest of their own. Great battles will be waged, a surprising Resurrection will occur and many Secrets revealed before their final Homecoming, but the Spirits of the intrepid Heroes shall see them through until they come Full Circle to their Emancipation.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 12 May 2004, 05:24 PM.

Oh my. My my my.

FYI you mentioned "The First Ones" twice, and misspelled "A Matter of Time".
    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Thanks for the catches.

Comment

Getting a little bored, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645
          Getting a little bored, are we?
          Just a wee bit. I'm trying to plot out a grim fic right now, so concentration on fluffier side projects helps me stay my usual happy self.

Comment

Know what you mean. I'm way behind on my two very intense Season 7 AR stories for my Before & After Series. That's why I'm passing on answering Dani about why I hate Heroes 1&2 so much. The anger and obsessing are getting in the way of my creativity.

Do you have any fun Jonas stories around that I haven't read?

Comment

Do you have any fun Jonas stories around that I haven't read?
              Funny you should mention Jonas. The fic I'm trying to work on right now is a sequel to Lesser of Two. Not exactly a FUN story, but hopefully it won't be quite as grim as the first one. I've discovered that I like making the goa'uld in general much more horrible than we see on TV. Not just Nirrti.

Comment

hey great story. It was funny, i enjoyed it.
                Sam and Jack...Meant to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Funny you should mention Jonas. The fic I'm trying to work on right now is a sequel to Lesser of Two. Not exactly a FUN story, but hopefully it won't be quite as grim as the first one. I've discovered that I like making the goa'uld in general much more horrible than we see on TV. Not just Nirrti.
                  Oh, that story. Horrible away. The Goa'uld have become pretty mundane and tame on the show, primarily because the faceless wonder, Anubis, is such a lame villian. Plus, you do Jonas so well.

Hope you don't mind if I share some great news with you. I received an
                  e-mail today from the Stargate SG-1 Fan Awards 2004 folks that two of my ship stories that are posted on the GateWorld fanfic site have been nominated in two ship categories. And I thought only a handful of people have read my stuff. Now I really do have to get back to my creative writing.

Toodles!

Comment

Oh, that story. Horrible away. The Goa'uld have become pretty mundane and tame on the show, primarily because the faceless wonder, Anubis, is such a lame villian.
                    I'm gonna see if I can pin down why he got banished... and it ain't gonna be pretty. Might tie up a few things, though, if it works right.

Plus, you do Jonas so well.
                    Thanks! And congrats on the awards! Never won anything, myself, but I'm kinda pleased that more and more people know who Luke is. Muahaha...

Comment

And congrats on the awards! Never won anything, myself, but I'm kinda pleased that more and more people know who Luke is. Muahaha...
                      I haven't won, YET. Like you, I've never won anything. Although you should have. Your Food Server Diaries is the funniest Stargate humor piece I've ever read. I'm a tough audience and it takes a lot to make me laugh.

Considering how many people write Stargate fan fiction and how much is out there, having my first two Stargate stories nominated in two different ship categories is quite an honor. Not bad for my first year of writing in this fandom.

Uh, oh. Now I have to outdo myself! I'd better make sure I don't do a "Season 7"!

Comment

I haven't won, YET.
                        Yeah, YET. Of course, it's an honor just to be nominated, right?

I figure Food Server Diaries has two strikes against it: it isn't S/J ship and it paints Daniel as a fairly evil character. S'okay, though, I kinda like the underground movement. Helps me feel more subversive. Plus, as you're already discovering, a nomination/award puts more pressure on you to do good. This way, I can still produce mindless stupid fluff and not have to worry about it. hehe. Although actually, I DO feel a bit of pressure where Luke is concerned. Gotta make sure I capture him just the right way.

Have you ever looked through the SG RPG books? I bought the System Lords one the other day. Very interesting reading. Not strictly canon, but certainly gives me ideas. I'm a bit disappointed Ma'at didn't get mentioned, but then, that just means I can make her any way I want to... if I ever get around to actually using her in a story...

Comment

Have you ever looked through the SG RPG books? I bought the System Lords one the other day. Very interesting reading. Not strictly canon, but certainly gives me ideas.
                          I haven't looked at Stargate ones, but I absolutely agree: Good RPG books can get you thinking in all kinds of new directions, *whatever* you write. I have a couple I browse at random when I'm feeling a need for inspiration.
                          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

I read the "Food Service Diaries". It's a classic piece. I laughed out loud. I really think there should be a monthly update on Gateworld. If that doesn't happen, please keep publishing the diaries.

And blue jello for everyone on me!
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                              I haven't looked at Stargate ones, but I absolutely agree: Good RPG books can get you thinking in all kinds of new directions, *whatever* you write. I have a couple I browse at random when I'm feeling a need for inspiration.
                              I also have GURPS books on Ultra-tech and Special Ops, which are always fun to browse. Might help if I ever write a serious mission-based fic. Or if I ever get back to work on that original novel which is now somewhat spoiled by Jake 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X