Continuity problem (spoilers for 5x01)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuity problem (spoilers for 5x01)

I picked up on a continuity issue here. In 5x01, "Search and Rescue" Sheppard tells Ronon that he doesn't drink beer, however, in this episode Sheppard drinks beer with McKay. He also drinks beer in season one's, "Home" I believe (1x09).
    That is just my two cents.

He says "they don't drink beer", meaning the hybrids.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      He says "they don't drink beer", meaning the hybrids.
      Okay, I checked the gateworld transcript and it has the line as "They" but I've just watched that scene a few times to make sure that I wasn't hearing it wrong. I cranked the volume up all the way and I'm pretty sure he's saying "I" not "They."

Comment

But that would make no sense in the scene.

Comment

I dunno, maybe he really does say they, because you're right, since we've seen him drinking beer before it doesn't make sense for him to say that he doesn't drink beer, but it really does sound more like I. I just watched that section again, volume on full with headphones on and I am 99.9% certain that he says "I don't drink beer." It could just be that the way he says it makes it sound like he's saying I instead of they.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
            I dunno, maybe he really does say they, because you're right, since we've seen him drinking beer before it doesn't make sense for him to say that he doesn't drink beer, but it really does sound more like I. I just watched that section again, volume on full with headphones on and I am 99.9% certain that he says "I don't drink beer." It could just be that the way he says it makes it sound like he's saying I instead of they.
            He definitely said "they;" the purpose of that line was to establish the hybrids as not being members of the Atlantis expedition/familiar with things expedition members would know, therefore Sheppard's comment that "they don't drink beer."
            They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
            Spoiler:
            Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

To clear it up, here's the dialogue:

Spoiler:
              SHEPPARD: If we get out of here, beer's on me, boys. What do you like, uh, Duff Beer or Oprah Ale?

MAN'S VOICE (after a slight pause): Duff.

SHEPPARD (quietly to Ronon): Well, they don't watch The Simpsons or drink beer.

DEX: Michael's hybrids? I bet he was tipped off when the building blew.

So yes, Sheppard was refering to the hybrids.

Comment

Okay, I guess its just the way he said it then makes it sound like "I," at least there's no continuity error then

Comment

Working...
                X