Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The I'm still ticked off at TPTB for SGA but will still give SGU a chance thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The I'm still ticked off at TPTB for SGA but will still give SGU a chance thread.

So if you are still upset about SGA but are still willing to give SGU the benefit of the doubt, post here.

Hopefully my title is creative enough for you.

SGU is going to have to blow us away. They are going to have to raise the bar and really produce an amazing show if they want to keep the loyal fans interested. It's funny about loyal fans. The loyal fans get older have kids and get their kids into the show. It is sort of like a music group say Bon Jovi or U2. I was at a Bon Jovi concert a month or so ago and the age difference was from like 12 to 50 yo. The parents get their kids into the show and the younger audience becomes into the music and goes out and buys the CDs. So I don't understand why TPTB want to take such a gutsy risk and cancel a very well established show which still pulls in good ratings and has a loyal fan base.

I don't want to be the one to say "I told you so" to TPTB, but I also would not mind to see SGU succeed. We need something to kick the crap out of Ghost Plumbers.
    sigpic

Yeah... good thread.

I mean, I'm ticked off with them for different reasons to most, I imagine. It's nothing to do with SGA, just the direction they're taking this series. I'd be more interested if it was some kind of unrelated show made by the creators. As it stands they'll have to do a LOT not to ruin the Stargate Franchise for me. Even IF it is a good show. It needs to be that AND stay true to Stargate's identity.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm very much willing to give it a chance. I'll watch the whole first and see if its still worth watching. I'll give it a fairer chance than I gave Infinity, I caught an episode yesterday but turned off at the theme song!
      sigpic
      Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

I don't know... I've already moved on I think. I was mad. I still would rather there be an S6 of SGA than have SGU start now. But I can't change what has happened. The PTB have made up there mind so, I'm just gonna hope BW and RCC know what they are doing (I have no reason to assume they don't, SG-1 and SGA are my favorite shows) and watch SGU and hope that I like it.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'll give it a try. I'm annoyed about SGA being cancelled but there will still be the movies to look forward to.

I'm not exactly thrilled with how SGU has been presented so far, though. What do they mean by 'younger audience' and a cast which will give it a 'younger vibe'?

Then there's the bit about -

Howe also wants Stargate Universe to help fill the "space opera" gap left when network jewel Battlestar Galactica goes off the air next spring.

How are they defining the term space opera here? Do they think space opera is all about intense, angsty relationships on a space ship rather than epic adventure and exciting space battles? BSG is a space opera when it comes to the epic adventure and space battles. If it didn't have those it would just be a soap opera. Are they forgetting that three of the leading BSG characters (Commander Adama, Tigh and Roslin) aren't bright young things in their early 20's?

SGU isn't likely to please a lot of BSG fans if it's all about a 'younger vibe' group of characters having toned down BSG type of relationships and the scenario doesn't include epic adventure and space battles. It isn't likely to please a lot of Stargate fans either if it's cutting down on the tech side and the scenario doesn't include epic adventure and space battles.

Hopefully the show will turn out to be a lot better than the first attempts to persuade Stargate fans to watch it. Going by the reactions in these forums the initial marketing approach has had the opposite effect where most of the posters are concerned.
          sigpic

Comment

yea i will hold sgu with a grain of salt and hope to be pleasently surprised

KEEP IT CLEAN
            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

All I can say is where is the anti SGU thread?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I am more than willing to give it a chance. But it has to be good. I mean good enough to make up for canceling SGA.

Comment

Make one if you like. But at this stage, I personally feel its naive to be convinced it's going to be god's gift, and extremely cynical to dimiss it as rubbish. You can be optimistic or pessimistic (as i am) about it, but if you ask me, we don't have enough for an actual pro or anti thread.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I will give SGU a chance. I can't wait to see what TPTB come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Make one if you like. But at this stage, I personally feel its naive to be convinced it's going to be god's gift, and extremely cynical to dimiss it as rubbish. You can be optimistic or pessimistic (as i am) about it, but if you ask me, we don't have enough for an actual pro or anti thread.
                      It was meant to show that I'm angry at TPTB for canceling SGA but will watch SGU. My personal belief is you shouldn't critize a show if you have never seen it
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        At this point people are still upset about SGA. If SGU does not live up to what the producers are saying it will likely be a major blow to the franchise. The fans will cry "They cancelled SGA for this crap"?

Funny how SGA is on SCI FI now while I type this. They are really making a gutsy move thinking all the SGA viewers will move onto SGU.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          It was meant to show that I'm angry at TPTB for canceling SGA but will watch SGU. My personal belief is you shouldn't critize a show if you have never seen it
                          That is how I feel. I don't need a silver lining from the producers, like "All good things" Yeah, how is it all good things? I will still however give SGU a shot.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah I pretty much agree with the OP. I'll definitely check it out but it sucks that they cancelled Atlantis
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Nah. If I'm channel surfing and happen to catch it, fine. After all, that's how I found SG-1.

TV bores me, in general. It'd have to be one helluva show for me to actually remember the day and time it airs.

Comment

Working...
                              X