X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori laser weapon theory

hey i have a new theory lol.

any way is this:

what if it isnt down to the strength of the sheilds that the ori's main weapon bypassed the jaffa's sheild (in unending or ep before it) what if it was down to the fact that it ossilates? i mean it appears to me that the laser stays on the sheild for a while before it dissipitates. i may be wrong but if i am and a new enemy came round with sheilding greater than the ori's but ossilates then all sg1/sheppards team would have to do is make a call to the ex-followers of the ori and ask to borrow a couple of warships. please give critisicm to this idea as i would like an argument. dont know why. i guess im in an arguing mood today
    sigpic

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
    hey i have a new theory lol.

any way is this:

what if it isnt down to the strength of the shields that the ori's main weapon bypassed the jaffa's sheild (in unending or ep before it) what if it was down to the fact that it oscillates? i mean it appears to me that the laser stays on the sheild for a while before it dissipitates. i may be wrong but if i am and a new enemy came round with shielding greater than the ori's but oscillates then all sg1/sheppards team would have to do is make a call to the ex-followers of the ori and ask to borrow a couple of warships. please give criticism to this idea as i would like an argument. dont know why. i guess im in an arguing mood today
    What you mean is like the Borg in Star Trek where the good guys need to change frequencies to get through their shields right ? But that the Ori do that to Get through shields ....Interesting because i did notice it seems to stay on the shields for a few seconds instead of just passing through so it might work and no we will never see Ori ships in the 15 eps or so that we have left of Atlantis
    Oh and i fixed some of the spelling for you in bold
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

I think it stays on the shields, just like asguard beams sometimes dont break threw right away. Its just the shields absorbing what they can before they run out.

Comment

asgard shields take 3 hits. goauld ones are vastly inferior. therefore, its due to the inferiority of the asgard shields. and its PLASMA beam weapon, not laser

Comment

four hits and the PLASMA bursts stay on the sheilds possibly looking for a gap if the sheild ossilate on a slow enough frequency
          sigpic

Comment

not laser, lasers are light so the unending episode would have been almost impossible to get that timing down.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i got that. by laser i meant plasma as when i first wrote this it was 3 am for me
              sigpic

Comment

I works on sheer power, because most stargate shields don't work on frequencies (Asgard, Ancient, Traveler, Tok'ra and possibly more). Only the Goa'uld do.

Comment

maybe the weapon works similar to an anti tank shell and comes in two parts. The first part hits the shield so the second bit can go through and hit the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                    I works on sheer power, because most stargate shields don't work on frequencies (Asgard, Ancient, Traveler, Tok'ra and possibly more). Only the Goa'uld do.
                    Actualy, the frequencies are exploited by the trransporter rings, which are originaly an invention of the ancients, so its possible that the ancients shields actualy do "work on frequencies".

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

The way the plasma beam weapons in SG work is that they hit the shield focusing all their energy on one point weakening that point considerably until the shield in that immediate area fails letting the beam through.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

so basically staying on the sheild until a way through is found before they dissipitate?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                          so basically staying on the sheild until a way through is found before they dissipitate?
                          Thats essentially how it works. Just compare the asgard to the wraith weaponry. Both the asgard pulse weapons and the plasma beam weapons. with the ori plasma beam weapons and their pulse weapons. The Ori pulse weapons required several hits to destroy that hatak in Camelot. Compare that to their plasma beam weapon which took one hit to take out a hatak. If the pulse weapons hit in exactly the same place to concentrate the fire it would have the same effect, but with each consecutive shot, there is the probability that it wont land in the same relative spot. With the beam, you ensure that all the energy hits in one small concentrated spot.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Unless the ship is moving ^^^ .
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              Unless the ship is moving ^^^ .
                              You increase the probability of it draining the same area if it was a beam. Keep in mind with the pulse weapons it takes time to fire them because you have to charge the capacitor, then discharge lots of times.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X