X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a wraith be part of the crew?

?

No! A wraith belongs in the Pegasus galaxy. I would prefer an Asgard however as a part of the crew. Would be awesome. I want Hermiod as a crew member. Also the rumor has it, like McKay a familiar character from SG1 or Atlantis will be a regular character in the show.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Also the rumor has it, like McKay a familiar character from SG1 or Atlantis will be a regular character in the show.
      Maybe Jeanie (spelling?)?

KEEP IT CLEAN
      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
        Maybe Jeanie (spelling?)?

They said it would be a familiar face LEADING the crew.

If ever she leads a crew, I will quit watching the show, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Seronic View Post
          They said it would be a familiar face LEADING the crew.

If ever she leads a crew, I will quit watching the show, sorry.
          oh, i wouldn't mind if she was part of the team, but yea i can't see her as a leader

KEEP IT CLEAN
          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

You know SGU isn't really the right place for a wraith. It should be made seperate from both SG-1 and SGA like SGA tried to seperate from SG-1. But I will say this....if there were more SGA seasons then they should've made Todd a regular........
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If the Wraith couldn't live on normal food he'd have to dine on the other crew members unless every planet they stopped at in these distant galaxies was inhabited by humans for some peculiar reason. The series would then end with the Wraith starving to death because there were no more available lunches.

Well, I suppose it would create a lot of angst as the crew members were eaten one by one.
              sigpic

Comment

I would love it - especially if they find an alternative food source, without taking away the Wraith's ability to feed IF he so needs or desires to. That would keep a great edge to the character - he'd be your ally, but piss him off, and you may end up as din-din. He'd be a GREAT secret weapon against enemies who don't know about the feeding process. Take away his swords and guns, and he's still armed, as it were.

However, I think it was BW (or RC) who said they wanted to get away from the mythology aspect, and the Wraith represent vampire mythology, so I REALLY doubt they will play a part in SGU.

Shame - because a Wraith presence would certainly bring me into the show, and many, many others. The thing about Wraith fans is that we don't need a specific character (i.e. Shep, Teyla, Ronon) to draw our loyalty - a Wraith, any Wraith, will do.

But I think the Wraith will be forever part of Atlantis, and only Atlantis. For this reason I hope the movies do well, because it's going to be the only place that I - and so many other Wraith fans - can get a life-sucking bugman fix now.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  I would love it - especially if they find an alternative food source, without taking away the Wraith's ability to feed IF he so needs or desires to. That would keep a great edge to the character - he'd be your ally, but piss him off, and you may end up as din-din. He'd be a GREAT secret weapon against enemies who don't know about the feeding process. Take away his swords and guns, and he's still armed, as it were.
                  That would certainly add some interest to character relationships.

Shame - because a Wraith presence would certainly bring me into the show, and many, many others. The thing about Wraith fans is that we don't need a specific character (i.e. Shep, Teyla, Ronon) to draw our loyalty - a Wraith, any Wraith, will do.
                  What if the Wraith was a masked warrior or a Sateda hive leader lookalike? I wouldn't mind the second at all. He mightn't have been the cutest looking Wraith but he had an awesome power and strength which could come in very useful.

But I think the Wraith will be forever part of Atlantis, and only Atlantis. For this reason I hope the movies do well, because it's going to be the only place that I - and so many other Wraith fans - can get a life-sucking bugman fix now. das
                  Maybe it's just as well. Bring in a Wraith and there would be demands for a Replicator who looked and sounded just like Fran , an Asgard (one didn't commit suicide), a Jaffa, a Tok'ra, an Ancient who got descended and a Furling so we could see what they looked like at last.

PS: Maybe a crew made up of Stargate aliens but no Tau'ri would make a very interesting show.
                  Last edited by ciannwn; 25 August 2008, 09:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The IOA would throw a hissy fit if aliens of any kind were on the expedition/recon team.
                    Last edited by Infinatus; 25 August 2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                      The IOA would throw a hissy fit if aliens of any kind were on the expedition/recon team.
                      A shame, really. I think a Fran copy would be an ideal candidate for first contact missions. She'd say "Hello" so nicely.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        That would certainly add some interest to character relationships.

What if the Wraith was a masked warrior or a Sateda hive leader lookalike? I wouldn't mind the second at all. He mightn't have been the cutest looking Wraith but he had an awesome power and strength which could come in very useful.
                        Masked warrior wouldn't work because, as far as we know, they can't talk. But a big ugly fella like the commander in Sateda? It really would all depend on his personality. Steve was both beautiful and full of personality, it's why we love him so. Todd, while a handsome Wraith, doesn't possess the beauty of Steve, but he's still damn sexy (maybe even sexier), and he's so full of character that you can't help but love him. And, although I love the long hair, I also love the Wraith as the tricksty, confident, conceited fellas that they are - so you give me a guy like that, with a sense of humor, and I don't care if he's bald, or long-locked...just as long as he's green!

Maybe it's just as well. Bring in a Wraith and there would be demands for a Replicator who looked and sounded just like Fran , an Asgard (one didn't commit suicide), a Jaffa, a Tok'ra, an Ancient who got descended and a Furling so we could see what they looked like at last.

PS: Maybe a crew made up of Stargate aliens but no Tau'ri would make a very interesting show.
                        I wouldn't mind that - I'm watching sci fi, I PREFER the aliens over human characters. However...if they ever did have Wraith interaction in this new show, I'd rather see it only once or twice a season. And NOT a 'kill the Wraith' encounter, either - but, perhaps, enlisting the help of a yet-to-be determined Wraith 'ally'. But, I think we'll only see that in the Altantis movies now, so I am not holding my breath.

The thing is, I just heard that interest in vampires among younger people is once again on the rise, and you'd think that the SG folks would try to tap into this with SGU if they're aiming for a younger audience. Not that I look at the Wraith as vampires, but there is a similar appeal there for some. BUT they'd have to toughen the Wraith up again, make them badarses all over again, like when we first met them in The Rising.

IF they were to use a Wraith in SGU, he should be 'dark' and brooding (like the male keeper in The Rising) , a Wraith of few words and very cranky (like...well, take your pick) and aggressive (like Todd in Common Ground) and full of himself (like Steve). Imagine a lone Wraith, separated from the social connection of the hive collective mind, agreeing to eat an alternative diet while surrounded by his primary - and lowly - food source, taking commands and obeying orders for some greater good for both himself, and the humans. I'd imagine him to be very irritable, and distant...while the human crew shows extreme prejudice towards him, shunning him for what he CAN do to them, if he so chooses. Of course, you'd have to have one person reach out to him, but their relationship would be one of both unspoken respect, as well as cautious distrust.

I'd watch it.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Masked warrior wouldn't work because, as far as we know, they can't talk.
                          That's true.

But a big ugly fella like the commander in Sateda? It really would all depend on his personality.
                          I've seen a couple of pics of him when he's in between snarls and I wouldn't call him ugly - just not cute like a a lot of the other faced males. He wouldn't give the show that 'younger vibe' they're aiming for, though, so he's out.

Steve was both beautiful and full of personality, it's why we love him so.
                          I didn't think he looked particularly beautiful when he found that his Hoffian lunch was inedible. His expression was quite mind boggling. Would he pass as youthful enough in Wraith terms to be presented to a younger audience? If so, he's a possible candidate. (If they can get other actors to look like Todd and Michael they can get someone who could look like Steve if James Lafazanos wasn't available} Steve also had an amazing talent for looking well groomed even after a fight with Teyla which ended with him being stunned and being stuck in a cell for two weeks where he got stunned several more times. His ability to have nice hair no matter what the circumstances would be a genuine asset to the show.

Todd, while a handsome Wraith, doesn't possess the beauty of Steve, but he's still damn sexy (maybe even sexier), and he's so full of character that you can't help but love him.
                          He comes across as being a Wraith who was around during the Lantean war. He also knows about programming so would be able to reprogram the Destiny to take them back home. Can't have him because he's too old and too knowledgeable.

The thing is, I just heard that interest in vampires among younger people is once again on the rise, and you'd think that the SG folks would try to tap into this with SGU if they're aiming for a younger audience. Not that I look at the Wraith as vampires, but there is a similar appeal there for some. BUT they'd have to toughen the Wraith up again, make them badarses all over again, like when we first met them in The Rising.
                          Maybe they'd do better by having a prequel series set during the time of the Wraith/Lantean war. This would be great for us Wraith fans because we know the Wraith won.

IF they were to use a Wraith in SGU, he should be 'dark' and brooding (like the male keeper in The Rising) , a Wraith of few words and very cranky (like...well, take your pick) and aggressive (like Todd in Common Ground) and full of himself (like Steve). Imagine a lone Wraith, separated from the social connection of the hive collective mind, agreeing to eat an alternative diet while surrounded by his primary - and lowly - food source, taking commands and obeying orders for some greater good for both himself, and the humans. I'd imagine him to be very irritable, and distant...while the human crew shows extreme prejudice towards him, shunning him for what he CAN do to them, if he so chooses. Of course, you'd have to have one person reach out to him, but their relationship would be one of both unspoken respect, as well as cautious distrust.

I'd watch it.
                          Sorry, but a character like this wouldn't suit what they're aiming for. You're getting a teenager who looks like the Wraith equivalent of Draco Malfoy because 13 year old Harry Potter fans think he's hot.

http://slytherins.com/fan/draco/

He'll be moody and keep shutting himself away in his quarters because nobody understands him and he'll use more of his fair share of the shampoo supplies to keep his hair looking beautiful.
                          Last edited by ciannwn; 25 August 2008, 12:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            That's true.

I've seen a couple of pics of him when he's in between snarls and I wouldn't call him ugly - just not cute like a a lot of the other faced males. He wouldn't give the show that 'younger vibe' they're aiming for, though, so he's out.
                            True - too old. Scratch that.

I didn't think he looked particularly beautiful when he found that his Hoffian lunch was inedible. His expression was quite mind boggling.
                            LOL! I love his expression - he was NOT a happy boy! Still...even when he's making faces, Steve has this unexplainable beauty about him. I think it's his poise...and his hair...

and Would he pass as youthful enough in Wraith terms to be presented to a younger audience? If so, he's a possible candidate. (If they can get other actors to look like Todd and Michael they can get someone who could look like Steve if James Lafazanos wasn't available} Steve also had an amazing talent for looking well groomed even after a fight with Teyla which ended with him being stunned and being stuck in a cell for two weeks where he got stunned several more times. His ability to have nice hair no matter what the circumstances would be a genuine asset to the show.
                            True!! Young people prize good hair! Think of the viewers he could pull in! I think James could definitely pull in a younger audience, but this new fella, Tyler, could do so, too. I thought his Wraith in Broken Ties looked quite youthful.

And hawt.

He comes across as being a Wraith who was around during the Lantean war. He also knows about programming so would be able to reprogram the Destiny to take them back home. Can't have him because he's too old and too knowledgeable.
                            AND we need him for the SGA movies!! AND he better be in more than just one SGA movie, or I'll...I'll...pout.

Maybe they'd do better by having a prequel series set during the time of the Wraith/Lantean war. This would be great for us Wraith fans because we know the Wraith won.
                            Ooooo...I would pay GOOD money to see that!! I think they should have a Wraith-centric show, or movie, or something. They certainly are far more interesting than those self-righteous and extremely dull Ancients. Ugh.

Sorry, but a character like this wouldn't suit what they're aiming for. You're getting a teenager who looks like the Wraith equivalent of Draco Malfoy because 13 year old Harry Potter fans think he's hot.

http://slytherins.com/fan/draco/

He'll be moody and keep shutting himself away in his quarters because nobody understands him and he'll use more of his fair share of the shampoo supplies to keep his hair looking beautiful.
                            Not familiar with the character as HP isn't my thing. I was thinking of Stephenie Meyer's books, Twilight and Breaking Dawn. Seems young folks love 'em! SGU should jump on that bandwagon, perhaps...I GOT IT!!!

They should have a pre-pubescent Wraith aboard ship...then, 3rd or 4th season in, the Wraith goes through puberty and starts sucking on his crewmates. THAT would be funsies!

das
                            sigpic

Comment

They should have a pre-pubescent Wraith aboard ship...then, 3rd or 4th season in, the Wraith goes through puberty and starts sucking on his crewmates. THAT would be funsies!

das
                              We'd then lose the Wraith character because the other crew members would either kill him or make sure he got left behind on a planet. Mind you, if he was a brooding, angsty adolescent in between meals we might be glad to see him disposed of one way or another.

I wonder if adolescent Wraith males go all spotty and speak in voices which are high pitched one minute and deep the next. What a horrible thought.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X