This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe - race, planet and storyline spinning

I know they will never accept complete scripts from fans, but maybe they could accept and combinate some fresh ideas from their fans.

We know that Destiny will leave MW and enter into a such galaxy, where Ancients could never arrive. If they want to some very old race, than it means they can't look like humanoid. Maybe they will tell us a backstory that our form is the best in evolution (one hear, two arm, two foot, big brain etc.), but it doesn't mean this has to be the only way to find intelligent lifeforms.

What will happen with planets? They will shoot this show in Vancouver and I hardly think they can afford only blue-box worlds. But if we speak about other galaxies, than there can't be the same forest, what we could see in MW and Pegasus. There can't be trees neither.

So please write some wild ideas or sketches, how you can imagine a world in a galaxy far away.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

SG-U is going to be a DARKER story for the STARGATE story telling side . More like BSG but in the stargate world ... Its going to be more character based , so less on the world traveling and more on the ONE on ONE talking and stuff , more of a stargate mystery .

As for WORLD that they are traveling to , well all we know right now is one thing ..

The SG-U team is sent to investigate an ancient ship that is to travels the universe and explore the planets another ship has planted STARGATES on . As for the worlds and the ships , we have no idea of how far the seeding ship is ahead of the destiny and we aren't sure what the seeding ships full mission is yet ..

Now here me out on this . The seeding ship could be a ship that is hundreds of thousands of years ahead of the destiny . This seeding ship could be choosing the worlds to place the stargates on as well as seeding the worlds with LIFE ... Over the hundreds of thousands of years human like or ancient like life has take these worlds as there homes . Pegasus is the best one to look at for this ...

Pegasus has Human like beings within the worlds , we know they aren't ancients , but there there . No one said that the ancients brought them there , but it could be that the ancients seed the pegasus galaxy hundreds of thousands of years before they settled there and made it there new home ...

Now what we do know is that the SHIP Destiny is exploring each galaxy , but what we don't know is if it is exploring each world with in these galaxies ..

Comment

I am yet to read a quote that says SGU is going to be dark, people just seem to have heard BSG being mentioned and jumped to that conclusion. All they've said is that they want to attract a younger audience, they want more character drama, and generally to tell stories in more of a 00's type format rather than a 90's one. Personally I'm hoping that setting the series on a ship will free up more cash for CG aliens and worlds, but only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I am yet to read a quote that says SGU is going to be dark, people just seem to have heard BSG being mentioned and jumped to that conclusion. All they've said is that they want to attract a younger audience, they want more character drama, and generally to tell stories in more of a 00's type format rather than a 90's one. Personally I'm hoping that setting the series on a ship will free up more cash for CG aliens and worlds, but only time will tell.
        Yeah well they SciFi has stated that BSG is the show they are looking at to model all other shows around .. meaning they want a more character base with a darker feel to it ... Darker feel , just means more of a mystery style . They are going to be in a ship , so its going to have that inclosed feel to it as well , less on the open worlds and more on the closer , or togetherness of the teams ..

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
          Yeah well they SciFi has stated that BSG is the show they are looking at to model all other shows around .. meaning they want a more character base with a darker feel to it ... Darker feel , just means more of a mystery style . They are going to be in a ship , so its going to have that inclosed feel to it as well , less on the open worlds and more on the closer , or togetherness of the teams ..
          they are going to be in a ship that they simply cannot control or navigate.they will have no choice but to follow the ship's predestined/preprogrammed destinations...sounds like the best tv show for the "younger species"
          maybe we'll have younger wraiths and SGU team and them can become buddies for life..beer and a couple of WFF episodes thrown in,they'll have a parrrrrtyyyyyyyyyyyyy on board..oppsss..i've just revealed the episode finale for Season 1..TPTB,sue me!!!!

Comment

My thought is, as far as how far ahead the seeding ship was, etc... it depends on what type of hyperdrive the Destiny has. As we learned in "aurora" there were obviously still ships in use that did not have intergalactic capability during the war with the wraith. It also can be assumed that this ship was launched a long time ago.

I think it was launched so long ago that it should resemble the ship that took the ancients out of the ori galaxy at the beginning of "Ark of Truth"

Comment

Working...
            X