This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laundry, Mitchell and Vala movie

I know theyre planning on a Jack centric movie but Id like to see a movie focusing on these guys. In particular Id like to see a movie that meshes these three with the original cast. What sort of situations was it in season 1-7 that bound Hammond/Oneill/rest of sg1 together as a family? While theyve been on some adventures together theyre not quite the original team. Any suggestions?

I'm not that interested in seeing a movie where Mitchell and Vala do their laundry. Thank you though! =)

Seriously though... I'm all for seeing these characters again. They meshed really well and were a big part of why I liked seasons 9 and 10.

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I hope we'll see a lot of all three of them in future SG-1 movies.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The cast in the first two movies were so split up - arc of truth during the main part of the movie you had mitchell and carter on the ship (and they were split up most of the time), you had daniel and vala in jail and you had teal'c going for a stroll. Landry also had quite a few scenes on his own. in continuum you had vala as a bad guy, teal'c as a partially bad/partially good guy nd they spent most of the film split up.

A third movie should concentrate on togetherness (not in a cheezy way) and teamwork
        I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          I know theyre planning on a Jack centric movie but Id like to see a movie focusing on these guys. In particular Id like to see a movie that meshes these three with the original cast. What sort of situations was it in season 1-7 that bound Hammond/Oneill/rest of sg1 together as a family? While theyve been on some adventures together theyre not quite the original team. Any suggestions?
          I'd like to see them included with the rest of the original SG1 team only in a movie -- not as a back up band.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Mitchell and Vala, and dirty laundry? Is this some kind of Farscape reference? They have their otherworldly ties, sure...

Sorry, couldn't resist. I agree that the trio should definitely get loads more development whenever possible, as they're still (and will probably always be, at this point) the 'newbies' of the cast. But more than anything, I'd agree that future telefilms should have more of the team being closer together for a duration of the plot than AoT and Continuum. I miss those kinds of things, but I respect when they aren't possible.

I think a lot of the reason people have been so positive toward Atlantis' recent 5x4: The Daedalus Variations stems from similar desire with that cast, also. Both shows sort of stopped the 'team togetherness' dynamic as a mainstay over time, and while there are plenty of later stories with this factor, there are plenty still that don't have it. In the case of both SG-1 telefilms released thusfar, they only had so much, and I think a lot of fans would love to see more in the third.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I think a new movie with the whole of SG1 fighting someone like the Aschen would be good as it's obvious they are going to pissed at us for the gate addresses we gave them.

Or maybe they mimic aliens from foothold as they've caused us problems before and it would be good to see there homeworld and what they're society is like!

Just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                We've already seen Mitchell, Vala, and Landry in both movies. As for seeing them with the original cast... O'Neill was in "Avalon, Part 1," "Origin," "200," "The Shroud," and Continuum. Hammond was in "The Fourth Horseman, Parts 1 & 2," "200," "The Road Not Taken," and Continuum.

Of coarse they're not quite the original team. The team has changed over the years. This is inevitable. You're never going to see the original team as O'Neill is a General and Don S. Davis has died. You're not going to see a Mitchell/Vala/Landry movie as it would be pointless without O'Neill, Daniel, Carter, and Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Of coarse they're not quite the original team. The team has changed over the years. This is inevitable. You're never going to see the original team as O'Neill is a General and Don S. Davis has died. You're not going to see a Mitchell/Vala/Landry movie as it would be pointless without O'Neill, Daniel, Carter, and Teal'c.
                  There is no such thing as the "original team". Rob Cooper in his Q&A session about AoT at Joe Mallozzi's blog said that to him "Mitchell, Landry, Vala, Carter, Daniel and Teal’c were the current incarnation of SG-1".
                  And I disagree. Seasons 9 and 10 and AoT movie proved very well that we don't need O'Neill at all. And despite BW's efforts, "Continuum" proved it too.

BTW, I'm with Kymeric. A movie focusing on Landry and Dr Lam, with Vala, Mitchell and Daniel around would be great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                    There is no such thing as the "original team". Rob Cooper in his Q&A session about AoT at Joe Mallozzi's blog said that to him "Mitchell, Landry, Vala, Carter, Daniel and Teal’c were the current incarnation of SG-1".
                    And I disagree. Seasons 9 and 10 and AoT movie proved very well that we don't need O'Neill at all. And despite BW's efforts, "Continuum" proved it too.

BTW, I'm with Kymeric. A movie focusing on Landry and Dr Lam, with Vala, Mitchell and Daniel around would be great idea.
                    Actually Laundry isn't on SG-1... And Coop sux anyway!
                    Last edited by silly sally; 25 August 2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      Actually isn't on SG-1... And Coop sux anyway!
                      Personally I ADORE Rob Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        There is no such thing as the "original team".
                        Original Team: O'Neill, Daniel, Carter, Teal'c, & Hammond.

Rob Cooper in his Q&A session about AoT at Joe Mallozzi's blog said that to him "Mitchell, Landry, Vala, Carter, Daniel and Teal’c were the current incarnation of SG-1".
                        Agreed. I was supporting this.

I agree that O'Neill is no longer necessary to have a good SG-1 story with all of the new characters and all. However, if they can write a good story with O'Neill in a supporting or starring role, then bring it on.

Shouldn't an SG-1 movie be about SG-1, not about Landry and Lam whom are supporting characters?

Comment

That bit I have to chime in on. The commanders have always been by extension integral to the story. There would be nothing wrong with Landry being a focus, and with medical presence being as important as it's been portrayed in the past, Lam could be considered crucial as well.

If we look at Atlantis, for example, which often cites more of the fanbase immediately agreeing with the notion, think of Weir and Beckett. Lots of SGA fans continually insisted while they were as integral as possible that these two be at the forefront of a lot of things, and they weren't 'part of Sheppard's team'.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                          X