This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give SGU a chance.

I really like the idea of a new series, especially if it has to do with the Stargate but with this new series you know the cast will be new and I was hoping to see the old cast that was thrown off the SG1 series be brought back...... Also, what does this mean for Atlantis now, is it dust in the wind too??? Instead of new series they should have kept the old one (SG1) and enhanced that with old and new cast members going to a ship. The name of the show is STARGATE!

I Know you people are angry about Atlantis. I am. It should have done a s6. But... Dont just whine about " Im not gonna watch Universe!! Näh!!"
    Give it a freaking chance. Then It comes try it, if not good fine. Just dont judge things before seing it! Life isent perfect. We atleast get a 2h movie.
    Give Universe a chance. ( And that of the SG´s not being used. We dont nkow that.)

Vic´thor

Comment

Thank you!! I'm so sick of everyone bashing the show when they haven't seen it yet! Stargate Atlantis is gone, it's not going to come back other than the movies. Get over it, and give SGU a chance!
      Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
        Thank you!! I'm so sick of everyone bashing the show when they haven't seen it yet! Stargate Atlantis is gone, it's not going to come back other than the movies. Get over it, and give SGU a chance!
        NO!!!!!

i want my sga back

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
          This is a sweeping generalisation.

I'm not angry about Atlantis, in fact I was telling people to calm down about Atlantis' cancellation a couple of days ago. I liked the show, but what's done is done. My concern about SGU stems entirely from two things "space faring show" "younger vibe".

I'll watch it, but it doesn;t mean I'm not angry that the roots of Stargate are being betrayed.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
            NO!!!!!

i want my sga back
            Dude Calm down, everything has to end, It's big business that forces TV shows to shut down and they do what would make them the most money, and a new show and movies would make them the greatest amount of money in the least amount of time. It's the way the industry works. Just try to be open to Universe it could be good.
            I'm gonna miss SG1..
            Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

i'm just sick of American channels canceling good shows

Comment

Nope,sorry....I won't give it a chance...It's my prerogative whether I want to watch It or not and I choose not to!!!

I blame this for Atlantis getting dumped so I'm not gonna support It!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  This is a sweeping generalisation.

I'm not angry about Atlantis, in fact I was telling people to calm down about Atlantis' cancellation a couple of days ago. I liked the show, but what's done is done. My concern about SGU stems entirely from two things "space faring show" "younger vibe".

I'll watch it, but it doesn;t mean I'm not angry that the roots of Stargate are being betrayed.
                  I really do agree with you on that! Also Sci Fi Channel’s Dave Howe comments have further angered me, an i know im not the only one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    I really do agree with you on that! Also Sci Fi Channel’s Dave Howe comments have further angered me, an i know im not the only one!!
                    Which comments?

(and Mr Zelda Fan appears to have just negated my generalisation point )

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Nope,sorry....I won't give it a chance...It's my prerogative whether I want to watch It or not and I choose not to!!!

I blame this for Atlantis getting dumped so I'm not gonna support It!

i Agree this puts my point across just nicely but i'll put it in my own words

NOPE!!!, never, no way, no how, i'm not going to give Stargate Voyager a chance. I've said it before and i'm gonna say it again and again until people start to listen are you ready here it comes

SAVE ATLANTIS: SAVE THE LOST CITY!!!
                      Last edited by System_Lord_Remus; 24 August 2008, 10:13 AM.
                      System Lord Remus

Comment

Originally posted by System_Lord_Remus View Post
                        i Agree this puts my point across just nicely but i'll put it in my own words

NOPE!!!, never, no way, no how, i'm i going to give Stargate Voyager a chance. I've said it before and i'm gonna say it again and again until people start to listen are you ready here it comes

SAVE ATLANTIS: SAVE THE LOST CITY!!!
                        I didn't know you wanted the stargate franchise to end. I don't but hey if you don't like stargate enough that's fine there are plenty of fans out there.
                        I'm gonna miss SG1..
                        Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

Of course as soon as people start to enjoy & love Stargate Universe that will get dumped as well.

Comment

Of course everyone should watch it before making a final decision. But people are entitled to speculate too you know. And so far, based on what we've been given, the show sounds like it's going to suck big time.

I'll give it a chance. If it's bad, i'll express my complaints about the show itself and not my initial speculation, unless it proves to be true.

If it's good, I'll watch it, but wearily, because if it's good that means they'll have put sci-fi into it (I don't particularly like drama romance character based stories in space) and then that means sci-fi will end up canceling it eventually.

No win situation.

But for those of you imploring us to give the show a chance before negatively speculating on it; I urge you to do the same. None of you have seen the show either. You have not read the scripts. You do not know the characters. You have no idea if the show is going to be good, or remotely like BSG or Lost as many are suggesting. So it's a two way street. Watch the show before liking it. All we can do at the moment is speculate. Saying something is good period before watching it is just as bad as saying something sucks period without watching it.
                            I wonder if Teal'c ever has a bad hair day?

Linky
                            Survey Safari

Comment

I personally am quite happy for people to hate SGU's guts. I think we should all watch the pilot, as hey, it's possible to be wrong.

But hating it because we lost SGA is counter productive. I mean, heck I'm a big SGA fan as well, and I'm going to miss it a lot. But there we go.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X