PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Should Have died.

knowsfords
August 24th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Atlantis is supposed to be the darker version, this story of finding the cure to a mystery illness has been done about six other times at least. I love Rodney, but this should have happened as it would have cast the show in a post Rodney angle and how they took him for granted even if he was whiney sometimes... if only sci fi had've announced the cancellation sooner this might have been an option.

Oh and David Hewlett could have stayed on as a ghost... not out of phase, not ascended (that we know of, one of those planes in the middle anubis was talking about) but a real ghost who hangs around and comments on whats happening without anyone being aware of his presence.

Flyboy
August 24th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Who ya gonna call?

metabog
August 24th, 2008, 05:01 AM
He didn't die, they saved him. Sorry. :(

knowsfords
August 24th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Which was completely predictable because this pathogen story has been done about a dozen times.

ykickamoocow
August 24th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I would like to see the Atlantis team think McKay is dead as their reactions would be quite interesting but i wouldnt like to see the writers actually kill him (unless they intended to bring him back afew episodes later).

Invictus
August 24th, 2008, 05:35 AM
He is a main characters, he can't die. He's immortal :D

Jackie
August 24th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Rodney should have been left brain damaged. tptb could have taken the opportunity to make it so Rodney never fully recovers and can't recall a lot of science stuff. (of course then they would have to use zelenka more:))

It would have been interesting seeing rodney adjust to just being a "normal" person with an average IQ.

He would lose his sense of need, his arrogance and his sense of identity.

Make him re-think his position and skill. Make him more needy of others opinions.

oh, wait...that would require a lot more writing for Rodney. *shivers* never mind.

ykickamoocow
August 24th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Rodney should have been left brain damaged. tptb could have taken the opportunity to make it so Rodney never fully recovers and can't recall a lot of science stuff. (of course then they would have to use zelenka more:))

It would have been interesting seeing rodney adjust to just being a "normal" person with an average IQ.

Make him re-think his position and skill. Make him more needy of others opinions.

oh, wait...that would require a lot more writing for Rodney. *shivers* never mind.

Dumb idea. Without McKay's intelligence he has no business being on the Atlantis expedition as he doesnt have any other useful skills.

Earthgate Ricky
August 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Atlantis is supposed to be the darker version, this story of finding the cure to a mystery illness has been done about six other times at least. I love Rodney, but this should have happened as it would have cast the show in a post Rodney angle and how they took him for granted even if he was whiney sometimes... if only sci fi had've announced the cancellation sooner this might have been an option.

Oh and David Hewlett could have stayed on as a ghost... not out of phase, not ascended (that we know of, one of those planes in the middle anubis was talking about) but a real ghost who hangs around and comments on whats happening without anyone being aware of his presence.

HOW DARE YOU!!! (Run to Dr. McKay to hug him.)

Falcon 304
August 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM

If they did that, he'd be cured two episodes later. Sorry, bad idea.

Colonel_Ez
August 24th, 2008, 06:55 AM
And if your gonna have a ghost, after your show is cancelled is certainly the time to do it....

:confused:

Jackie
August 24th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Dumb idea. Without McKay's intelligence he has no business being on the Atlantis expedition as he doesnt have any other useful skills.

If they did that, he'd be cured two episodes later. Sorry, bad idea.

well what do you expect from an average IQ person. Too bad sga is stargate rodney instead of a TEAM show.

btw...your brain cells do not come back after being damaged...so Rodney should have remained a mentally handicapped man and sent to a home in all retrospects.

Cory Holmes
August 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I agree that if they were going to kill off McKay, then this would have been the episode to do it in. It was all set up so perfectly.

I'm glad they didn't, though.

rarocks24
August 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Dr. Beckett proves otherwise.

Now we just have clone!beckett.

Specter177
August 24th, 2008, 07:35 AM
btw...your brain cells do not come back after being damaged...so Rodney should have remained a mentally handicapped man and sent to a home in all retrospects.

They weren't damaged, they were dormant.

Cautious Explorer
August 24th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I can just picture the writers' room if there was no more Rodney to write. They'd all be curled in fetal positions under the table. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd love to see it. It would force TPTB to pay a little attention to all the other characters for once.

Klenotka
August 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
No, he shouldn´t have died. That´s all :D

Linda06
August 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I can just picture the writers' room if there was no more Rodney to write. They'd all be curled in fetal positions under the table. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd love to see it. It would force TPTB to pay a little attention to all the other characters for once.

I don't think that would work either....They'd all be standing around scratching their heads thinking "um what do we do now."

ph30nix
August 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
i would have seriously cried if they had killed him, and im a guy lol, (alzhimers has always been a big sore button for me)

the acting of all the chars and just the thought of losing your mind like that and be given just a day to remember what your losing :(

lissad27
August 24th, 2008, 10:56 AM
If the decision had been left to his "doctor", he would have died.

At the very least: he should have the need for massive therapy sessions to regain some motor skills. SOME not all...because, as has been pointed out, damaged or dead brain cells do not regrow - but there are cases where other portions of the brain compensate for the losses. It would really depend on how pervasive the organism was - and what the doctor did to try to get rid of it.

Bottom line: he wouldn't have been the same. And yes, logically, he should have died.

Zamboni
August 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Turn McKay into a replicator... Then he'll cyber with Fran-Weir-whatever...

Then Keller gets angry and sleeps with Ronan, John, and Teyla.

... At the same time.

Klenotka
August 24th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Well, to see some therapy, it would have to be more than a stand-alone episode or make from it one of story-arcs. And we know how SG works. ;)

Nobody0x00
August 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM

... At the same time.

I support this idea.

Zamboni
August 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I support this idea.What happens in Atlantis, stays in Atlantis...

janiecat
August 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
well what do you expect from an average IQ person. Too bad sga is stargate rodney instead of a TEAM show.

Well, you're right... and wrong. Your brain (as an organ) does not have the ability to regenerate. What it *does* have, however, is the ability to rewire itself and create new neural pathways around the damaged areas. That's why doctors can never predict with any degree of accuracy exactly how long, or to what an extent any person's brain injury will affect them *individually*.

I should know, I've suffered brain injury and I'm back. Pretty much whole and functioning.

ph30nix
August 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
actualy it never said the cells were dead or damaged, just rendered dormant

Infinite-Possibilities
August 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
His Braincells were dormant. Not damaged. But this isn't the biggest logical issue in the show. If you really want to harp on logic all of a sudden how about the fact that everyone in another galaxy speaks perfect English.

ToasterOnFire
August 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM

... At the same time.

I support this idea.
Thirded! :D

Cory Holmes
August 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Thirded! :D

Fourth-ed. Any pron involving McKay and Weir gets my vote :D

Wolf O'Donnell
August 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
It would have been kinda cool to see him die and have his sister take his place until the last episode when he would return in the last minute setting up a story for the movie.

Zamboni
August 25th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Fourth-ed. Any pron involving McKay and Weir gets my vote :DOh dear... what can of worms have I opened up this time...?

Is there a secret sect of Weir-McKay shipper that I don't know about?

(I thought the only ships were Weir-Shepard related?)

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching SG1 today and saw that replicator chick (the second one that went through after Fran)... She got killed in that episode too... TPTB not only reuse the same actors, but they are killed again and again... Man it's tough to be an SG extra.

PG15
August 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Oh, no, McWeir is very much real.

Pajus
August 25th, 2008, 10:51 PM

... At the same time.

That's something I'd pay to see

Well, you're right... and wrong. Your brain (as an organ) does not have the ability to regenerate. What it *does* have, however, is the ability to rewire itself and create new neural pathways around the damaged areas. That's why doctors can never predict with any degree of accuracy exactly how long, or to what an extent any person's brain injury will affect them *individually*.

I should know, I've suffered brain injury and I'm back. Pretty much whole and functioning.

actualy it never said the cells were dead or damaged, just rendered dormant

In other words, his 'IQ' would return, but his memories would remain lost forever. But that doesn't matter much, as in real life, Rodney would probably die from the wound being infected infection (as Keller pointed out)

janiecat
August 26th, 2008, 10:22 PM
In other words, his 'IQ' would return, but his memories would remain lost forever. But that doesn't matter much, as in real life, Rodney would probably die from the wound being infected infection (as Keller pointed out)

I cringed when I saw that 'field' surgery. I hope they at least sterilized the drill bit! At least they wore gloves, but there was no sterile field at all. At the very least, the doc should have set up some kind of surgical drapes, etc. I mean, I understand dramatic license, but please...

Pajus
August 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Another nice thing:

The drills used in drilling machines are made from a steel designated '19552' (in the Czech Republic). Medical drills are made from steel X50CrMoV15 (that might be an international designation). According to the difference in physical properties of the drills and the machines themselves, Rodney's skull should've been crushed to pieces during the 'operation'

PG15
August 26th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I suppose US drills are different then? ;)

Pajus
August 27th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I suppose US drills are different then? ;)

The only difference is in the material's designation. The chemical composition and physical properties are the same

PG15
August 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Offworld drills, then? :p

Linda06
August 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Tell that to Beckett, Weir and Ford.

Yes but McKay can't die...Then it won't be the Rodney McKay show anymore ;)

Zamboni
August 27th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Tell that to Beckett, Weir and Ford.Beckett isn't dead, he's cloned. Weir isn't dead, she's cosmetically changed to a younger, (relatively) better looking version. Lastly, we don't know if Ford is dead or not. For all we know, Ford might have escaped the explosion, crash landed on a near by planet and lost all his memory and was taken in by the local residences.

In fact, I think Ford might come back eventually, saving John by accident...

Or maybe he gets mixed up with Michael and end up becoming a super-super soldier... Or something.

Or maybe he finds Weir in space and decides to rescue her and they fall in love...

jenks
August 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Beckett is dead. Stone dead.

Zamboni
August 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Beckett is dead. Stone dead.What are you talking about? Didn't he come back as a clone and saved Dr. Keller?

You crazy.

jelgate
August 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
But he is not Beckett. Granted he is simiiar but not the same. I imagine all time with Mike changed him

Zamboni
August 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
But he is not Beckett. Granted he is simiiar but not the same. I imagine all time with Mike changed himHe's a clone. That means a replica. Also, they fixed all the changes Michael made to him, so he is now 100% Beckett.

(Though this Beckett did not physically French kiss McKay, that memory still remains fresh in his mind...)

Cory Holmes
August 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Bite your tongue. That Most Hated of Atlantis Ships must never be mentioned at all. Ever. It's the second most nausiating ships in SG-dom, right after Sam'n'Sir.

McKay-Weir is one of the earliest and most prolific pairings in all of Atlantis. It (like all other ships) was eventually overtaken and subsumed by the monolithic titan that is McShep slash fiction.

jelgate
August 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Don't you think those two years of with Mike will change clone Beckett into a different person. I will admit genetically that he is close to the original and I recall the clone has to take a serum every so often. Keller was just able to find out the formula to prevent genetic breakdown

Zamboni
August 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Bite your tongue. That Most Hated of Atlantis Ships must never be mentioned at all. Ever. It's the second most nausiating ships in SG-dom, right after Sam'n'Sir.

McKay-Weir is one of the earliest and most prolific pairings in all of Atlantis. It (like all other ships) was eventually overtaken and subsumed by the monolithic titan that is McShep slash fiction.What's Sam n' Sir?

And McShep...? Really?

Wow...

What about Tayla? Who's she hooked up with?

Zamboni
August 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Don't you think those two years of with Mike will change clone Beckett into a different person. I will admit genetically that he is close to the original and I recall the clone has to take a serum every so often. Keller was just able to find out the formula to prevent genetic breakdownWhy does it matter if he changed or not in the last two years? It's not like Beckett would remain 100% the same if he stayed with the Atlantis crew... In fact he DIED when he stayed on Atlantis.

Beckett is still the same doctor, despite being a clone...

deagletime
August 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Main charecters dont stay dead in stargate...

Daniel--->De-assended
Doc Frasier--->Alternate Reality Teleportation
Weir--->Replicated
Carson--->Cloned
Ford---> Wraithified

Shoot, even the bad guys cant stay dead.. Apophis/Ba'al/Michael/Kolya

Vis Uban
August 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'll forget that for a while; they used a power drill on a man's skull....and expected it to help him! And even if he somehow survived the Bob Villa solution without having his brain accidentally scrambled into an omelet, infection would have gotten him for sure. You don't just drill a hole in a man's head when your only tool's a power drill and your operating room's a cave with a strange device emitting unknown radiation! I remember Shepard whipping out the power drill and thinking, "Oh your not..."

Infinite-Possibilities
August 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
*Mentions Wier/Sheppard ship*

Seriously though, hasn't every possible combination of any characters been shipped?

As for Beckett. He is dead. His body was put to the rest in the ground on Earth. Atlantis just happens to have a essentially similar character played by the original actor.

Zamboni
August 28th, 2008, 06:09 PM
*Mentions Wier/Sheppard ship*

Seriously though, hasn't every possible combination of any characters been shipped?
Hmm... How about Repli-Carter and Sam Carter?

Linda06
August 29th, 2008, 04:44 AM

Oh don't get Jumper started again.....You know how obsessed he is with that ship :S ;)

Zamboni
August 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Oh don't get Jumper started again.....You know how obsessed he is with that ship :S ;)Then I shall take it one step further: the three way ship between Repli-Carter, Sam Carter, and that robo-Carter from that "Comtrya" dude...

Muwhahahah!!!

Linda06
August 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Then I shall take it one step further: the three way ship between Repli-Carter, Sam Carter, and that robo-Carter from that "Comtrya" dude...

Muwhahahah!!!

:eek: Oh i'm gonna go tell Jumper to pop in here...He'll freak ;)

Fenrir Foxz
August 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Already been thought of. ;) :P

Then I shall take it one step further: the three way ship between Repli-Carter, Sam Carter, and that robo-Carter from that "Comtrya" dude...

Muwhahahah!!!

I still prefer the idea of all the Sam's in 'Ripple Effect' getting together. ;)

Yup. :p

Linda06
August 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I still prefer the idea of all the Sam's in 'Ripple Effect' getting together. ;)

:lol: Oh don't.....Jumper will think he's died and gone to heaven ;)

Jumper_One
August 29th, 2008, 03:08 PM

ahhh heaven :D

Oh don't get Jumper started again.....You know how obsessed he is with that ship :S ;)

too late ;) :P

Muwhahahah!!!

that's even better :D

freak? me? no way *whistles innocently* :D

Already been thought of. ;) :P

:indeed:

well you know my favorite ship's Sam/Ripple Effect Sam's/TBFTGOG Sam/Moebius Sam/Jumper_One/POV Sam/RepliCarter/RobotSam :D :D :D

Yup. :p

:rolleyes: :P

GoSpikey
August 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Jumper_One
August 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
:rolleyes:

:lol:

Zamboni
August 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Oh my... This is no longer a ship... It's an ark (of truth?)... The Noah's Ark of Sam!!! It's an orgy containing every kind of Sam!

While we're at it, bring in the puppet Sam from 200 too!

PG15
August 29th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Ooo...toys.

:D

Infinatus
August 29th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Oh my... This is no longer a ship... It's an ark (of truth?)... The Noah's Ark of Sam!!! It's an orgy containing every kind of Sam!

LOL Stargate: Special Edition. :P

Ooo...toys.

Zamboni
August 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
LOL Stargate: Special Edition. :P
I think that's one worm hole that we won't get to explore...

Infinatus
August 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM

That's what imagination is for. ;)

Linda06
August 30th, 2008, 06:53 AM
:eek: Man what have you guys started :S :p

Zamboni
August 30th, 2008, 07:08 AM
:eek: Man what have you guys started :S :pWhy, this is the Seven Chevrons of Sam Carter...

That's what imagination is for. ;)
I don't know... Isn't it bad to exit a worm hole right next to a black hole?

Jumper_One
August 30th, 2008, 10:47 AM

awesome :D

Ooo...toys.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator6918943.jpg

:eek: Man what have you guys started :S :p

huh? what? :D :P

mwahaha :P

Infinatus
August 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM

Well, for a black hole to form you'd have to get an unimaginable number of Carters all in one place... :P

Linda06
August 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Why, this is the Seven Chevrons of Sam Carter...

I thought it was something to do with Rodney dying :p heh look at me....Actually trying to get something on topic instead of off topic....hehe well there's a first for everything!

huh? what? :D :P

Yep you are so loving this :p

Zamboni
August 30th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I thought it was something to do with Rodney dying :p heh look at me....Actually trying to get something on topic instead of off topic....hehe well there's a first for everything!

Yep you are so loving this :pIf Rodney saw the Ark of Sam, he would die... of ecstasy!

Linda06
August 30th, 2008, 02:35 PM
If Rodney saw the Ark of Sam, he would die... of ecstasy!

Or of fright...heehee *runs from irate Jumper* :p

Infinatus
August 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM

I don't think that's possible. :P He's already barely self contained with one around. ;)

Linda06
August 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I don't think that's possible. :P He's already barely self contained with one around. ;)

Oh poor Sam.........Wait........Oh poor Sams!!:p

Jumper_One
August 30th, 2008, 03:31 PM

LOL :P

Yep you are so loving this :p

of course :D

If Rodney saw the Ark of Sam, he would die... of ecstasy!

as would I ;)

hehe run Linda run... :D

true :D :P

Oh poor Sam.........Wait........Oh poor Sams!!:p

HEY! :P can you blame me? :D

Zamboni
August 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Oh poor Sam.........Wait........Oh poor Sams!!:pPoor Sam? Come on, the ratio of Sams to Rodney is totally in Sam's favour. You should say poor Rodney.

His ego took enough beating from just one Sam, imagine hundreds more pounding on his weak point...

Linda06
August 31st, 2008, 05:27 AM
Poor Sam? Come on, the ratio of Sams to Rodney is totally in Sam's favour. You should say poor Rodney.

His ego took enough beating from just one Sam, imagine hundreds more pounding on his weak point...

Ohhhh good point...I didn't think of that :o

Wardog117
August 31st, 2008, 07:06 AM
If Rodney had died, there would have been a revolt even worse than when Carson did.

Zamboni
August 31st, 2008, 07:47 AM
If Rodney had died, there would have been a revolt even worse than when Carson did.Meh, he probably would have ascended or something, TPTB will probably explain away that his near-ascension experience last time *somehow* helped.

Then we get an episode where he tries to help Atlantis with something, but then end up naked unconscious in say, oh I don't know, Sam's quarters.

Jumper_One
August 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM
Meh, he probably would have ascended or something, TPTB will probably explain away that his near-ascension experience last time *somehow* helped.

Then we get an episode where he tries to help Atlantis with something, but then end up naked unconscious in say, oh I don't know, Sam's quarters.

:eek: poor Sam :S

Linda06
August 31st, 2008, 10:19 AM

Ain't that the truth :S

Zamboni
August 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM
What? Why? There are worse things in the two galaxies than seeing Dr. McKay in the nude...

For example, seeing Dr. McKay in the nude while being trapped under the ice and Sam is forced to huddle around him to keep everyone alive...

... while a wraith is watching with a smirk on his face

... while everyone else watching it on Youtube

Jumper_One
August 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
What? Why? There are worse things in the two galaxies than seeing Dr. McKay in the nude...

are you sure?

For example, seeing Dr. McKay in the nude while being trapped under the ice and Sam is forced to huddle around him to keep everyone alive...

that's just wrong!!!

LOL :P

Rac80
August 31st, 2008, 06:00 PM
HEAVEN FORBID!!! I would love to see mckay die!

WOW do you think they could stand it? ;)

Oh dear... what can of worms have I opened up this time...?

Is there a secret sect of Weir-McKay shipper that I don't know about?

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching SG1 today and saw that replicator chick (the second one that went through after Fran)... She got killed in that episode too... TPTB not only reuse the same actors, but they are killed again and again... Man it's tough to be an SG extra.
if you watch carefully they reuse a lot of extras... it';s vancouver, not as big as LA! :P

Don't you think those two years of with Mike will change clone Beckett into a different person. I will admit genetically that he is close to the original and I recall the clone has to take a serum every so often. Keller was just able to find out the formula to prevent genetic breakdown
shhhhhhh don't give Jennifer credit for anything! ;) you know better!

Meh, he probably would have ascended or something, TPTB will probably explain away that his near-ascension experience last time *somehow* helped.

:S:S ok mckay naked is just disgusting! :S *runs for the barf-bucket*

Zamboni
August 31st, 2008, 06:12 PM
:S:S ok mckay naked is just disgusting! :S *runs for the barf-bucket*
Err... Okay.

Hopefully Dr. Keller won't have a similar reaction...

Infinatus
August 31st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Err... Okay.

Hopefully Dr. Keller won't have a similar reaction...

That would actually be hilarious. A whole season of McKeller ending with it all being ruined by Keller vomiting upon seeing the real McKay. :D

Zamboni
August 31st, 2008, 06:35 PM
That would actually be hilarious. A whole season of McKeller ending with it all being ruined by Keller vomiting upon seeing the real McKay. :DWhich would upset Mckay to such a degree that he turns evil and kills everyone on Atlantis, then committing suicide.

Therefore, if McKay had died in the episode "The Shrine", none of this will happen and we would just get a lame "to be continued" season ending.

Hooray for rampaging McKay!!! W00t!!!
(also, this topic is now back on track... sort of)

Linda06
September 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM

Um ok.....liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike.....

:eek: Oh good god.....Your right :S

Linda06
September 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM

As long as he doesn't do a Daniel!:D

Mitchell82
September 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Another nice thing:

The drills used in drilling machines are made from a steel designated '19552' (in the Czech Republic). Medical drills are made from steel X50CrMoV15 (that might be an international designation). According to the difference in physical properties of the drills and the machines themselves, Rodney's skull should've been crushed to pieces during the 'operation'

All she needed to do was create a small hole and she did it slow enough that any chips would be minor.

Mitchell82
September 1st, 2008, 04:07 PM

You are one twisted individual. *pictures a reverse situation of me hugging a naked sam*;)

Zamboni
September 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
You are one twisted individual. *pictures a reverse situation of me hugging a naked sam*;)Wouldn't the "reversed" situation dictate that you must be as far away from Sam as possible to stay alive? Afterall the original scenario is that they must huddle together to keep alive, therefore the reserve would require the opposite steps to achieve the same results...

So no hugging Sam for you! Muwhahahah!

Mitchell82
September 1st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't the "reversed" situation dictate that you must be as far away from Sam as possible to stay alive? Afterall the original scenario is that they must huddle together to keep alive, therefore the reserve would require the opposite steps to achieve the same results...

So no hugging Sam for you! Muwhahahah!

Damn you!;)

Pajus
September 2nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
If Rodney had died, there would have been a revolt even worse than when Carson did.

Not from me

Here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/1/How_it_should_have_been) you go and here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3969121/6/How_it_should_have_been) you go

All she needed to do was create a small hole and she did it slow enough that any chips would be minor.

Which is exactly what was impossible to do with the equipment she had unless A LOT of physical force was involved - the kind of physical force that crushes human skulls

ori soldier
September 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
oh for gods sake some of ur people drive me insane stop bludey complaining if he had been killed then there would have been a petition to save him and a whole big campaign ie becket but even when he survives u complain looking at the shrine topics is basically a bunch of fans dissecting the ep and complaining about any little detail slightly off base and some that ppl just want to complain for no reason i mean seriously it was a gd ep but of course they arent guna kill rodney off that would be retarted u wonder why it gets cancelled what impression do u think sci-fi would get from reading these forums that the stargate elite arent happy
stop complaining and just watch the damn show

Mike1989
September 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I personally thought that drilling a hole in his head in a dark, damp cave was pretty farfetched. As lets face it, he could have got infected or died. As its a dangerous operation to say the least and the thing coming out maybe saved him at the end of the day, but it was still pretty farfetched. Anyway, I'm glad he didn't die and it was an okay episode.

knowles2
September 25th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I agree that if they were going to kill off McKay, then this would have been the episode to do it in. It was all set up so perfectly.

I'm glad they didn't, though.

Absolutely perfect, especially with a last supper style ending of all them round the table, with flash back of their past adventures. It would of made it the greatest episode ever.

Unfortunately SGA writers lack the bulls to kill someone off permanently

Unfortunately the rather predictable ending also nudge it down a level or two. the ending seem to off take all the emotions/ drama out of the rest of the episode. But that just me.

Whole and if the writer kill him they would not able to leave the studio or their houses with out armed escort, through I would not particularly care if they did kill him off.

Mike1989
September 26th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I think as Atlatnis has proved from Season 1, they are willing to "kill" off characters and get rid of characters. Weir, Carson, Ford etc, but getting rid of Rodney wouldn't really have worked anyway. As at least with Ford he's just a soldier and is easily replaced with Ronan. He wasn't develop, whereas with Rodney killing him off and replacing him is not so easy. I can't imagine Zalenka as the team memeber, plus ti would mean bringing in another character to develop them in series 5 a major time for them. So it wouldn't have worked, to say they lack the balls is incorrect, they have got rid of characters before and would get rid of them if the time was right and it benefitted the show.

But ridding Atlantis of Rodney, would not have been a good thing. It would be like killing of Carter in SG1 or Daniel. It would be suicide for the show.

Muh_tuttles
September 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I think as Atlatnis has proved from Season 1, they are willing to "kill" off characters and get rid of characters. Weir, Carson, Ford etc, but getting rid of Rodney wouldn't really have worked anyway. As at least with Ford he's just a soldier and is easily replaced with Ronan. He wasn't develop, whereas with Rodney killing him off and replacing him is not so easy. I can't imagine Zalenka as the team memeber, plus ti would mean bringing in another character to develop them in series 5 a major time for them. So it wouldn't have worked, to say they lack the balls is incorrect, they have got rid of characters before and would get rid of them if the time was right and it benefitted the show.

But ridding Atlantis of Rodney, would not have been a good thing. It would be like killing of Carter in SG1 or Daniel. It would be suicide for the show.

So true. Killing Rodney would have been suicide for the show. PLus he's too nice :D

They should make Rodney sick more often. He is so sweet when he is dying. :D

jelgate
September 27th, 2008, 06:52 AM
So true. Killing Rodney would have been suicide for the show. PLus he's too nice :D
They should make Rodney sick more often. He is so sweet when he is dying. :D

:weiranime33:What show have you been watching?