Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What needs to happen with SG-1 & SG-A ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What needs to happen with SG-1 & SG-A ..

O.K well by now you have read all the news about SG-A and SG-U , as well as what TPTD want to have done with the MOVIES for SG-1 and SG-A . But there is something that needs to be said now before they try to get a head of there selfs .

WE NEED MORE MOVIES EACH YEAR .

Ok i understand that it takes time to WRITE a good movie , and it takes even more time to get the actors on board for the MOVIES , but they need to make it happen .

THE FANS NEED IT ..

This is my take on it ....... There should be at least 4 MOVIES a year , i know they think that is pushing it , but come on we are talking about 4 good movies , not some stand alone movies that end with nothing to follow up with .

SG-1 ...

This show has allot of back stories that needs to be followed up on ....
    FURLINGS - Who the heck are they ?
    Daniel Uncle & and Giant ancient aliens - Where did he go and what has he been up to ..
    there are a ton of movies that could be done with SG-1 , what happen to the Ori after we freed them ?

SG-A ...

Now this is still a newer show , and was canned before they could have a ton of follow up stories , but still need to take advantage of the love we all have for the show . Tell us some more , make some alliance with either races out there , and make some good enemies that could be fought off every so often ..

All i'm saying is look at it this way . They say they are going to up the movies that are produced , but when ? by 2010 when SG-1 and SG-As cast are all on other TV Series doing there thing . NO i say , do it now get they out there .

Have an 2 SG-1 Movies ready and 2 SG-A movies ready for us by the beginning and end of 2009 , not make us wait tell the end of 2009 for a SG-A movie and then 2010 to say hey we are gong to have 3 movies to produce and have out by 2011 .. That is getting out of hand here .

I want an SG-A movie ( ending the right way ) by the time SG-A is off the air . I want 2 good SG-1 movies by summer time and a really good SG-A movie for Christmas . that is what i want and need ..

Come on Gate world fans , and stargate fans . Lets get the word out there to these movie studios and to the directors that we need something to hold on to with the SG Team . lets fight for more movies , with more action , new enemies and new alliances .

I'm also a bit afraid that they will drag out the preparations for too long and the whole "franchise" as they like to call it these days will grow stale and/or the cast will be otherwise occupied. If the old teams - SG-1 and SGA - won't be a part of the movies, I'm not sure how much interest they will gather. If they want to keep their fans, they need to start making the movies ASAP or they might end up with flops of the 2nd X Files movie proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
      I'm also a bit afraid that they will drag out the preparations for too long and the whole "franchise" as they like to call it these days will grow stale and/or the cast will be otherwise occupied. If the old teams - SG-1 and SGA - won't be a part of the movies, I'm not sure how much interest they will gather. If they want to keep their fans, they need to start making the movies ASAP or they might end up with flops of the 2nd X Files movie proportions.
      XF2 was NOT a flop! It's profitted for crying out loud.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
        O.K well by now you have read all the news about SG-A and SG-U , as well as what TPTD want to have done with the MOVIES for SG-1 and SG-A . But there is something that needs to be said now before they try to get a head of there selfs .

WE NEED MORE MOVIES EACH YEAR .

Ok i understand that it takes time to WRITE a good movie , and it takes even more time to get the actors on board for the MOVIES , but they need to make it happen .

THE FANS NEED IT ..

This is my take on it ....... There should be at least 4 MOVIES a year , i know they think that is pushing it , but come on we are talking about 4 good movies , not some stand alone movies that end with nothing to follow up with .

SG-1 ...

This show has allot of back stories that needs to be followed up on ....
        FURLINGS - Who the heck are they ?
        Daniel Uncle & and Giant ancient aliens - Where did he go and what has he been up to ..
        there are a ton of movies that could be done with SG-1 , what happen to the Ori after we freed them ?

SG-A ...

Now this is still a newer show , and was canned before they could have a ton of follow up stories , but still need to take advantage of the love we all have for the show . Tell us some more , make some alliance with either races out there , and make some good enemies that could be fought off every so often ..

All i'm saying is look at it this way . They say they are going to up the movies that are produced , but when ? by 2010 when SG-1 and SG-As cast are all on other TV Series doing there thing . NO i say , do it now get they out there .

Have an 2 SG-1 Movies ready and 2 SG-A movies ready for us by the beginning and end of 2009 , not make us wait tell the end of 2009 for a SG-A movie and then 2010 to say hey we are gong to have 3 movies to produce and have out by 2011 .. That is getting out of hand here .

I want an SG-A movie ( ending the right way ) by the time SG-A is off the air . I want 2 good SG-1 movies by summer time and a really good SG-A movie for Christmas . that is what i want and need ..
        Come on Gate world fans , and stargate fans . Lets get the word out there to these movie studios and to the directors that we need something to hold on to with the SG Team . lets fight for more movies , with more action , new enemies and new alliances .
        What plant are you on??? that will never happen. With SGA airing straight through post production on the final episodes of season 5 will only be finish a few days before they actually air!!

Even if they were to stat filming asap (mean they have to complete scripts and cast contract sorted an pre production all ready complete) on the same filming schedule that AoT & Con has i.e. around 15 days with about two weeks between filming each filming of both would end by some time in october. there is the then extensive post production prosses of vis effect etc which takes months, with potenisal completion in early 2009. MGM have stated a 6 months marketing for each they would likely be pushing july 2009 release dates. But since there are no scripts ready (tho Wright has said hes writin one - which may take a back seat to SGU) its very unlikely they would film untill spring 2009!!

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        XF2 was NOT a flop! It's profitted for crying out loud.
        To it did make money, tho not as much as they hoped and potenisally would have made more if it hasnt open at the same time as they Dak Knight

Comment

Which shows the stupidity on MGM's part...if they need 6 months to "promote it" then dont wait until every insignificant detail is finished, once its been filmed, then start promotion

Comment

We need SG-1, SGA and BSG all back for new seasons. I HATE SCI-FI channel. They're making D-movies with Hasselhoff instead of renewing shows that have won Emmy's on numerious occasions, and a passionate fanbase. Stop airing wrestling and crappy movies that nobody watches and everybody hates and give us quality television for Christ sake!

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
              I think once the old teams are unvavailable, they'll stop making the movies. That was what Darren pointed out in the interview- there are big casts with enough people for cross-over movies if one or the other team's members are not available. So that's good. But it also indicates there will be no new cast members added.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              With SGA airing straight through post production on the final episodes of season 5 will only be finish a few days before they actually air!!

Even if they were to stat filming asap (mean they have to complete scripts and cast contract sorted an pre production all ready complete) on the same filming schedule that AoT & Con has i.e. around 15 days with about two weeks between filming each filming of both would end by some time in october. there is the then extensive post production prosses of vis effect etc which takes months, with potenisal completion in early 2009. MGM have stated a 6 months marketing for each they would likely be pushing july 2009 release dates. But since there are no scripts ready (tho Wright has said hes writin one - which may take a back seat to SGU) its very unlikely they would film untill spring 2009!!
              I found that interesting as well. It seems as if RC's idea for Project Twilight to wrap up SGA right away wasn't given the green light, so they have to start from scratch with an SGA movie. Which is all right by me since I'd prefer to see the third SG-1 movie first, any way. And BW is probably close to being done with that script.

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
              Which shows the stupidity on MGM's part...if they need 6 months to "promote it" then dont wait until every insignificant detail is finished, once its been filmed, then start promotion
              BW implied that the production/marketing process could be sped up this time around. I agree that it took too long to get the movies out.

2 movies for each show per year would be great, but I think it's be a miracle if we even got three in 2009/2010, because of SGU. And that is why I resent SGU.

Comment

Posted by Madwelshboy
                With SGA airing straight through post production on the final episodes of season 5 will only be finish a few days before they actually air!!

Wait your telling me that they can't make this happen .. Let see , you have a team of WRITERS that are working on the SG-U tv series at this point . but really lets break it down here ...

SG-A - Might still being done , but they could get the contracts and stuff under hand for the CAST for a 3 MOVIE Deal for 2009 ... making it easier for them to make the 3 Movies ..

Writers - with a whole team of writers at there hand , they could have a few of them setup to help out with the writing of the movies .... making sure they had the FIRST MOVIE ready for FILMING by Jan. That gives them plenty of time to have it ready to go .

Production and Promoting - This is an easy one here , Production could go from Jan , to maybe March . that way they could have a good MOVIE setup and CG ready to go by them , they dont need a BIG MOVIE , Just a starter Movie , made for TV or something . Promoting the Movie , well come on yes there is a good following of fans out there , the SG-A fans and SG-1 fans , people that have been watching the SHOW from day one , not some new person that just heard of the show and wants to get into it , cause we all know that doesn't work great , so PROMOTING doesn't have to coast MILLIONS of dollars .

Date for the MOVIE , Well seeing how they want to do a 2 Hour premier for SG-U it would make sense to have the First Movie of SG-A out at least 2 weeks before the start of SG-U .

During that time they could be writing 2 more movies and having them ready by the middle of the season .. That small break ... This could also work on new FILMS for SG-1 as well , giving us more of SG-1 and SG-A at the same time ..

Comment

What interests me is, they have the standing sets. The SGC, the Atlantis ones, all permanent standing sets. Will they just leave all this standing for years to come, to use there here and there, or will they just pack it up and bring it out everytime they make a movie, which would take a lot of effort. Surely they'd use the space for the Universe sets. Being standing sets, that have been improved and added to over the years, they wouldn't be designed to easily be disassembled and rebuilt.

Comment

I'm used to having to wait two or more years for a new Star Trek movie. Having two SG-1 movies in one year... wow. To be honest, I'd be happy with one SG-1 movie and one Atlantis movie per year. I'm up for more, but two is enough.

Comment

Wow! I never thought that another tv-show with the word 'Star' in the title would need a rest. I'm going to be hated. Grrr...

Okay, Stargate needs to be chilled. After the writters started to take themselves a little too serious, I stopped tuning into the whole Stargate universe. SG-1 was a great story. I loved watching seasons 1-8. Once everything became political this -- political that, I stopped caring about the franchise. Richard Dean Anderson is absolutely correct. According to his comments in a commentary, he felt as though the writters were getting too serious. That is why he left the show. If you also look at how your favorite species were treated, they were all killed off by the end of SG-1's run. There are no more Asgards, System Lords, Tok'ra, Jaffa (with symbiots), etc... Someone was smoking something really bad when they killed everyone one off.

Second, the reason why people like Stargate is also gone. Egyptian mythology and human psychological discovery is over. Stargate the original movie was ground breaking. Why? It got us to ask the question 'what if'. Once the tv-show departed from that mystery of fun, the franchise started to go down hill.

Where is the fun? Where is the human mystery and discovery? Where is the archeology?

Stargate: SG-1 is a great show, but the onset of the original movie is gone. Stargate needs to take a moment to breath. In place of all the things that were great about SG-1's first eight seasons and the original movie's theology, we are now driven into politcal garbage that has no end. Science-fiction is about expanding the meaning of existance, and the mysteries that has shrouded our definition of what it is to be human. Stargate is no longer that show.

Just my opinion. Emotionally driven, but it is my opinion.

On a minor thought: According to the original Stargate movie, the Azgards were the invaders of Earth. Ra was not a Goul'd. He was a Azgard. Watch the end of the movie. Originally, the Roswell gray and green aliens were the invaders and builders of the Stargate. Why? It is more based upon UFO and Alien abductions in which have become modern folk lore.
                      Last edited by Col. Tomorian; 27 August 2008, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Neither the Asgard nor the Goa'uld were in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Neither the Asgard nor the Goa'uld were in the movie.
                          And that is the problem with the TWO movies for SG-1 , They where trying to kill everyone off so that the MW Galaxy doesn't have anymore enemies .. Well thats fine and all but really they could have done this with one MOVIE rather then two ..

Ba'al could have been killed off in AoT and had Cont. setup as a new MOVIE with New Enemies that could have been more advanced ... With new Alliance with a New race .. Instead they made two movies ( Witch where good ) that killed off all there enemies and nothing answered in either one of them ..

Where are the Nox's , and what about the Furling's as well as other advanced race's that we have found ... What ever happened to Daniel uncle , what about that one ship that the DAEDALUS encountered ??? Stuff that TPTD might want to forget , but the fans want to know .. This is what sales , not killing off everyone ..

Comment

Make mini serries or 3-4 Atlantis movies a year and i'll watch...
                            no way i am watching a movie every now and then like sg1, especially if they have the same quallity and nothing to do with the show's story arcs.
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            send me as far over the earth
                            as is my pleasure and thine,
                            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                            but never hear anything of bad ones,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I will be happy with one of each movies a year, 2 mobies. SG-1, and Atlantis. Now they did mention 3, maybe 4 a year.

This is more than enough. I would be happy with 2, one of each to follow and continue a story line, but they are nice enough to want to make 3, 4 if possible? This is more than I personnaly wanted. It's a GREAT thing, of course

Like I said, 3 movies is perfect. If they start dishing out more, it will lose its impact on me, and hell, they might even get stangnant (typo?) and start making them "rushed" and "bad". So lets just stick with 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X