This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for a Stargate: Universe pilot

Now that it has been said that it is going to be a more kid-friendly show, this will probably not work, but anyways here is my rather detailed discription of a possible SG:U pilot.

It starts with a regular SG:A startup. You see the SG:A team stepping through the stargate on a normal mission. When they come out of the stargate they find themselves in a giant technologically advanced city that is not only abandoned, but with a totally different architectural design than Atlantis.
    Though after a through search with backup all they can find is a record of the gate travel in the DHD. Exsept there is only one address, and it is a 9-chevron address. They try to dial the 9-symbol planet on both the planets gate and the atlantis gate.
    Suddenly it goes forward 5 years (the first part happened at some point in season 1). A new team (the main cast of SG:U) is going on their first mission from Atlantis. When they get to the other side they find that they are in a room with no way out. And the only other thing in the room is another stargate, exsept the other stargates DHD has only 9 buttons, with only one possible working result.
    After getting permission from Atlantis, they go through the other Stargate and find themselves on the Destiny. Witch is more of a space liner. It is a very spacious ship which seems to have never been used.
    Over the next few weeks a decent sized group is stationed on the ship (they figure out its purpose, following the first ship etc....), and one day exploring, they come across a room filled with weird equipment that McKay (who is visiting) recognizes as being the same design as on the planet at the beginning). Then word comes in that the ship is barely within Stargate distances, and before days end it will be too far away for a wormhole between home and the Destiny can be maintained.
    They are midway through evacuating when the ship drops out of hyperspace, it has reached a planet seeded with a Stargate. The team realizes they have time to quickly scout the planet, so when they gate down (through a unique red gate that works with all gates) they find instead of a barren planet, a planet filled with the aliens from the city (imagine the Alien from the Alien series with a much more humanoid form). Long story short, they make enemies with the aliens, and barely escape with their lives, although it is too late to make it back to Atlantis, and they are stranded.
    They find that there is no way to turn the ship around, and as they are making it their home, just before blackout, the head scientist reveals that he found through the database the name of the aliens, the Furlings (seriously).

If people like it I will write more

I wish that TPTB had never came up with the Furlings. Good premise, except for the Furlings.

Comment

A nice thought for a beginning, I just hope they don't just recreate the beginning for SGA rising 1&2.

I bellieve that it will be skewed to a younger audience, not necessarily kid friendly in the new explanation, he brings up BSG, and wanting sgu to be more of a drama, more character interaction, etc. I wonder how they would incorporate these elements while wright and cooper have also said they want to keep the humor as well. BSG was not a humorous show at all. So maybe universe will be somewhere in between? If it is set in the future, it can't be too far, given that they want to have at least one main character from sga to be in a lead role.

Another question is, and this is confusing for me anyway, this is a quote from scifi's recent description:

"Challenges will arise though as the ship comes into range of Stargates placed centuries ahead of the Destiny and the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule."

Yet I've heard in other articles that this is the ship that is placing (currently) stargates, and that is why it's on a pre programmed course.

So which is it? Are they on the ship that is planting stargates, or another ship sent to explore where they are, or is it the same ship?

Comment

My guess is that they are on the 2nd ship, the one that is exploring the planets, that would provide more of a situation for exploration. Visit the planet as its being scanned and make it back before the ship leaves.

Also I bet during one of the later seasons they will catch up with the first ship (the one that was doing the seeding).

Comment

Working...
        X