Why was the Wraith there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was the Wraith there?

I was wondering why did the wraith occupy the planet there are thousands of planets in the galaxy. Were they looking for the shrine as well?
    Stargate Revival Please!

Wraith set up an outpost there during the replicator war. I believe it was mentioned briefly during the episode
    Spoiler:

Comment

It could have just been a coincidence they were there. A better question is if the expedition had already known for quite some time that there was "10,000" Wraith on that planet wouldn't it have been nuked long before this episode aired? Atlantis is already at war with the Wraith and killing these Wraith would mean 10,000 lives spared (if the number is accurate) each feeding cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
        It could have just been a coincidence they were there. A better question is if the expedition had already known for quite some time that there was "10,000" Wraith on that planet wouldn't it have been nuked long before this episode aired? Atlantis is already at war with the Wraith and killing these Wraith would mean 10,000 lives spared (if the number is accurate) each feeding cycle.
        And if they did, there goes this episode
        Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
        Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post

The Wraith are in a civil war right now. If we go around destroying facilities and ambushing ships, that civil war will most likely end once the Wraith band up to defeat Atlantis like they did in the first season and like they did against the Ancients.

Going around and provoking retaliations is not the best way when the odds are stacked against you 1000:1, at best.

Comment

I think it was only a reason to not return for medical staff.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I think it was only a reason to not return for medical staff.
              You are right : their presence simply added some pressure and danger in order to force the team work faster .

Comment

Working...
              X