Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we have it!! Stargate Voya, er universe.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we have it!! Stargate Voya, er universe.

After reading all the information and fans comments i have come to a few conclusions:

1. TPTB do not have an original thought in their heads, they are absolutely kidding themselves if they think this show is gonna be new and fresh. They killed Atlantis with regurgitated storylines, why would anything change now?

2. Are we going to see 90210 in space? a younger audience? i have grave concerns there.

3. They obviously pushed aside Atlantis to start this show, and i think in time they'll regret it. I don't buy Brad Wright's comments either.

4. Last but not least if R Cooper is helming this thing it will be a Turkey for sure, Him and Brad Wright were responsible for that 95 minute waste of time called Stargate Continuum!!!

thank god we have another thread about this................. not sure we had enough for a second there.
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
      Last but not least if R Cooper is helming this thing it will be a Turkey for sure, Him and Brad Wright were responsible for that 95 minute waste of time called Stargate Continuum!!!
      Thats purely opinion and not a fact. If you're going to rant atleast include some facts and NOT opinion. There's far too much of that in this forum.
      Dark and Dreary and Terribly Dead - Walking into Heaven without a Head

Comment

Originally posted by PrimatesForever View Post
        Thats purely opinion and not a fact. If you're going to rant atleast include some facts and NOT opinion. There's far too much of that in this forum.

Umm i thought expressing opinions was the whole point of discussion threads?

Comment

There is a spaceship in the story and some people begin to saying it's Voyager 2. Then Babylon 5 is only a DP9 clone.

Comment

I don't know about the whole younger audience thing, I think they are just talking about setting up some stories, even arc's which might have more appeal to a younger audience. Of course, whether this happens or not is a big question, and if they can come up with good stories, and good characters, then it won't matter.

I have to admit, that when I read the initial description for the show. I thought the same thing, but after thinking about it, the idea behind voyager was really good, it could have been a great show. It was because everything went back to alien of the week type stuff, which is exactly what people were tired of. And alot of the plots were rehashed from TNG.

I think that's what people are worried about, not so much the Voyager similarity, but are worried that it'll turn into an alien of the week show, and use rehashed scripts from either sg-1 or trek. And it'll suffer a death worse than Enterprise. (I mention ENT because Berman and co. also tried to say that ent was skewed to a younger audience)

Comment

Anyone else think that the idea behind universe is somewhat similar to that of star trek voyager? I loved Voyager and I can't wait for universe, its just an observation
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Get yourself over to the SGU section of the site, there's a thread for people who feel exactly as you do.

http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58139

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Get yourself over to the SGU section of the site, there's a thread for people who feel exactly as you do.

http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=128

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58139
                  I would but I dislike that section, see I started the first discussion thread about SGU which then became sticky and *click* one day I log in and its no longer a puddle jumper but a darren thread, that sticky now forms the basis of that section and if I log on there I will explode

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                    I would but I dislike that section, see I started the first discussion thread about SGU which then became sticky and *click* one day I log in and its no longer a puddle jumper but a darren thread, that sticky now forms the basis of that section and if I log on there I will explode
                    I'm afraid you'll have to contain your explosive nature then.

http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=16

Rules and Regs friend. Rules and Regs.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

No.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        I'm afraid you'll have to contain your explosive nature then.

http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=16

Rules and Regs friend. Rules and Regs.
                        Well unlike Peter Petrilli my brother can't fly me up in the sky.... so some people are seriously fracked

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                          Well unlike Peter Petrilli my brother can't fly me up in the sky.... so some people are seriously fracked
                          Lol.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Anyone else think that the idea behind voyager is somewhat similar to that of Glilligan's Island? Janeway is the skipper, B'Ellana is Mary-Ann. Both feature characters stranded away from home. So does LOST.

Come on, no story is 100% original from anything that came before it.
                            Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                            Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
                              Anyone else think that the idea behind voyager is somewhat similar to that of Glilligan's Island? Janeway is the skipper, B'Ellana is Mary-Ann. Both feature characters stranded away from home. So does LOST.

Come on, no story is 100% original from anything that came before it.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...72#post8804272

Yes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X