This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU wants younger demographic - use the O'Neill clone

This would be an excellent time to break out the Jack O'Neill clone that was sent to high school. Young Jack on his first mission back is part of a team that discovers the SGU ship. That way you appeal to the teen demographic while appeasing regular fans at the same time.

What do regular fans want? O'Neill

What do new young fans want? Apparently young people. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

lol, not a bad idea

Comment

Ha. That's an interesting solution, I'll give you that!
      "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

The O'Neill clone was fun, but... I really can't buy Michael Welch as Colonel O'Neill. When he grows up, he won't look like Richard Dean-Anderson, but he's his clone... right. It worked when he was young RDA, but as the actor gets older, the premise looses believability. We got O'Neill for eight years, four guest appearances, four Atlantis episodes, and two movies. Time to move on to someone new.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          This would be an excellent time to break out the Jack O'Neill clone that was sent to high school. Young Jack on his first mission back is part of a team that discovers the SGU ship. That way you appeal to the teen demographic while appeasing regular fans at the same time.

What do new young fans want? Apparently young people. Problem solved, everyone is happy.
          At no point did they say they wanted teen or 'young' fans, all they said is that they wanted a younger fanbase, something slightly more mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            The O'Neill clone was fun, but... I really can't buy Michael Welch as Colonel O'Neill. When he grows up, he won't look like Richard Dean-Anderson, but he's his clone... right. It worked when he was young RDA, but as the actor gets older, the premise looses believability. We got O'Neill for eight years, four guest appearances, four Atlantis episodes, and two movies. Time to move on to someone new.
            They could explain that pretty easily, defects in the Asgard cloning process because of Thors failsafe he put in O'Neills body (forgot what exactly that was, but I'm sure its spinnable)

Comment

It's possible, but I don't think it's what they have planned or if it's probable.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
              Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                At no point did they say they wanted teen or 'young' fans, all they said is that they wanted a younger fanbase, something slightly more mainstream.
                Yea people are DEFINITELY not understanding what they mean. They will have to wait and see. I have confidence still that Universe will be a great show.
                I'm gonna miss SG1..
                Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

I suggested this in the casting thread a couple days ago.. I think they could pull it off, but he certainly shouldn't be the lead. He'd be what, 21 tops? No way he should be in command.
                  "Each and everything in the universe is nothing other than the perfect manifestation of the essential nature. If you realize this fact, you will find that your own self nature exists in completeness, from the beginningless past into the endless future."

Comment

Yeah, not in command, but he should at least be given the rank of Captain due to his excellent service record.

Comment

Its impossible to do as by 21 you would expect the young Jack O'neill to begin to look abit like the older Jack O'Neill. That would be reasonably easy but what is impossible is that as the seasons progress not only must he begin to look more and more like RDA we know but he also must sound like RDA we know.

It just isnt possible.

Comment

Cassandra she was Sam's adopted daughter after Dr Fraiser die, she is like 16 in S5,so she must be 23 by now, remember she was geneticly alter , she had psy power once, then it was turn off to save her life, just like what happen with mckay when he got hit by the Ancient beam.

Cassandra,Jack's clone, Teal's son we could have SG1 the next generation

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post

Not trying to rain on your parade, but that makes no sense. In order to grasp who the hell o'neill is they would have to watch all of the true Sg1, then they would also have to learn to like him and understand all about the clone. If they want a younger audience get some new people. And I wonder exactly how young of a audience they want. Maybe well see the first trans-glactic toddler program.

Comment

Agreed. Given the current median age of people watching the show is 47, I think they'd be happy just getting more people under 40 watching the show and shifting the age downward to be similar to BSG's.

BSG has a younger audience than Atlantis, yet its cast is still in their 30's (or 40's) and they still have older characters(Adama, the President). Attracting a younger viewer is not as much about the age of the cast as the type of storytelling you utilize. In many ways, the Stargates are very "old school" in their storytelling style.

IMO--it all they do is add younger characters withouth changing anything else about their writing, this isn't going to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrari20092 View Post
                              Yea people are DEFINITELY not understanding what they mean. They will have to wait and see. I have confidence still that Universe will be a great show.
                              Yeah, I think that stuff has gotten a little out of control around here. Maybe they're just looking for a target to let off some steam but it's a little overboard
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                              X