Why Kill the parasite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Kill the parasite?

This disease is supposed to be very common, and for all we know the entire expedition is infected, but their immune systems are holding it in check. Shouldn't they have kept the parasite, and studied it?

Maybe found a new way of killing it? It seemed strange they would just destroy it.

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
    This disease is supposed to be very common, and for all we know the entire expedition is infected, but their immune systems are holding it in check. Shouldn't they have kept the parasite, and studied it?

Maybe found a new way of killing it? It seemed strange they would just destroy it.
    I think you would have better luck taking a sample of the substance emitting that particular kind of Radiation and mimicking its effects.

Besides if its so common finding a sample of the parasite wouldn't exactly be a difficult task
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      I think you would have better luck taking a sample of the substance emitting that particular kind of Radiation and mimicking its effects.

Besides if its so common finding a sample of the parasite wouldn't exactly be a difficult task
      Actually I think it would. You would have to convince the family members of a infected person to let you cut open his head once he's dead.

If they had the parasite they would have the time to test/develop various other treatments. Maybe find a radiation that affects the bug but won't give radiation poisoning.

Comment

Ronon shooting it is much more dramatic than Keller putting it into a sample container.

Comment

Considering that they don't know exactly how Rodney contracted it, nor can they guarantee access to the Shrine for treatment of another individual, it was safer to kill the organism. They don't know what kind of defense mechanisms it has, how fast it expands when not given a brain to live in, if it is strong enough to break a sample container, etc.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Would you really have that thing crawl up into your nose?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Simple, too dangerous at the time.
              Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
              Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Watch the episode when they're stuck at the waterlogged gate. If you look at the lower part of the screen on a long shot, you'll see a little starfish thing go by (parasite?). I just though, oh, starfish!

But, considering they had no idea if that thing could spring like a gazelle into your nose or ear, better off dead.

Comment

Exactly - why kill the parasite? Doctor's orders! If I was Ronon I'd do whatever Jewel Staite told me to do 8)
                  "You said we had a "problem", not a great big galactic emergency."

Comment

Well SOMETHING needed to get shot in that episode!

Sure, there was great acting and compelling storytelling, but I can't stand when they try to do a story with no action at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      Would you really have that thing crawl up into your nose?
                      Not me. I would have blasted it too.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Not me. I would have blasted it too.
                        I agree. I think everyone would have notice it going in Rodney's body through his nose so it might be able to come in any part even skin. Was there anyone willing to pick it up?
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Great episode in terms of acting etc, though cant help but notice that hardly any episodes have the original theme of Startgate Atlantis- The Wraith-Ancient-Human war.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaytan View Post

Sure, there was great acting and compelling storytelling, but I can't stand when they try to do a story with no action at all.
                            i agree, its compelling with good acting but if theres no action it gets somewhat boaring

Comment

Originally posted by jaytan View Post

Hey, that poor MALP got shot too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X