Primitive humans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primitive humans

Can a primitive race like humans by earth use million years old technology of another race? In a television series this can be possible. but in real life? i think, this primitive race can destroy themselves with this tech..

what do you think?

Well of course we could use it, what we do with it is the question. However, we don't need ancients weapons to destroy ourselves. We can do that with out own technology. And I assume any other species at a similar level could do the same.

Comment

just look at transformers the film, salvaged tech from frozen megatron and was able to make hundreds of stuff with it

bit too hard witht he ancient stuff but still would probaly understand abit of it but opening the back and see what does what
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        just look at transformers the film, salvaged tech from frozen megatron and was able to make hundreds of stuff with it

bit too hard witht he ancient stuff but still would probaly understand abit of it but opening the back and see what does what
        1st you have to distinguish the back form the front...
        As long as it doesn't require a complex combination of action and you have a real-time display of what is happening with the device, you can see what does what. But would you understand?

When considering that normal people just like you have difficulty understanding how a computer works should give you an idea. If it was me, in front of a million-years equivalent of a computer, the only thing I'm sure I would find is the button Switch On/Off.
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Maybe not even on/off.

Rewatch the first movie, couldn't even turn the stargate on!

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
            Maybe not even on/off.

Rewatch the first movie, couldn't even turn the stargate on!
            And we are not even talking about real alien lifeforms such as sentient clouds, silicate based race and so on. They may not even use pads and screens unless they have fingers and eyes just like us.

For example, the MW replicators built a ship in season 8. Except the room where was imprisoned Carter, I doubt they needed any kind of halls, decks, control room and so on. So far I have not yet found a way a normal human could make it work.

Comment

Well in real life the possibility excist that the interface is different form anything we can imagine and might not even recognise it or we can't use it.

Also we might not know the purpose and accidentally doom the world. Like accidentally activate the Dakara devic and kill everyone on our planet.

Also we might not even recognise it when we see it or are not able to power it.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                Also we might not even recognise it when we see it or are not able to power it.
                Something like the Asgards white stone. IF I saw it, I would be like: "Hey nice gift for my G-Friend!"

Comment

yea, or like the ancient personal shield, or a traveller gun. i think i would give the latter to my kids [if i had em] and let them play with it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    yea, or like the ancient personal shield, or a traveller gun. i think i would give the latter to my kids [if i had em] and let them play with it.
                    until the day they play at "Stun Me, Stun Me Not!" (or they simply shoot you!)

Comment

well, id really think its just a toy gun.

Comment

well, a good example of "using a tech without understanding it" would be Weir/Sheppard/Zelenka when then they used the time machine jumper in "Before i Sleep"

There's also the people who used the city shield for a year (don't remember the name >.<)

Comment

taranians [inferno]

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            well, id really think its just a toy gun.
                            Why, because you'd use it, see that it only stuns, and as a result of not noticing that it can be set to kill think it was okay to give to children? Personally, I'd wonder what long lasting effects being stunned would have on someone and if it would kill a child while only stunning an adult, (something I wouldn't be inclined to test). In the end I'd no more give it to a kid than I'd give them a taser. Not only would I not want kids stunning each other without knowing the kind of damage it could in the long run or if certain individuals could have fatile responses to it, while most are fine, but I wouldn't want a kid to have the power to knock anybody out they felt like or when they get really upset and are not thinking clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by velmate View Post
                              Can a primitive race like humans by earth use million years old technology of another race? In a television series this can be possible. but in real life? i think, this primitive race can destroy themselves with this tech..

what do you think?

well, we know that advanced technology lead to the destruction of one race. remember when the tollan decided to share a device that would supply unlimited power, which lead to the people they shared it withs destruction. also now that i just thought of this, unlimited power? i wished the would have elaborated on this. i mean it would have been cool if they had a power source that rivaled the zpms but i doubt that they would have shared it with us after they alreadt tried that and it backfired big time.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X