G'ould's distant cousins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'ould's distant cousins

can this vermin be a distant and relatively primordial cousin of the MW g'ould?

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
    can this vermin be a distant and relatively primordial cousin of the MW g'ould?

lewl, I doubt it. Gua'ulds were made to infest the host to take complete control. This thing didn't really take control, it just made him sick =\ I don't think it had any intention of staying.

Comment

You could call every parasite a Goa'Uld cousin...

Comment

We'll probably find out that the Ancients created this thing...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seronic View Post
          lewl, I doubt it. Gua'ulds were made to infest the host to take complete control. This thing didn't really take control, it just made him sick =\ I don't think it had any intention of staying.
          What's lewl ? And it's Goa'uld!!!! Not G'ould, not Gua'uld!!!!
          The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
          Spoiler:
          Originally posted by Karhedron
          I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

They likely aren't related to the Goa'uld, but they are just as creepy! If not more.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              We'll probably find out that the Ancients created this thing...
              ...To make their minds more suited to ascension or something
              sigpic

Comment

If that parasite and a Goa'uld are somewhat related, then so is a cold...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I think it was more a proto-Goa'uld (the Goa'uld version of the Missing Link) than a cousin.

But still. You read my mind. ^^ The way it grows through the brain, depressing cells but not destroying them and suppressing personality... Maybe in 10,000 years the parasite will be able to take over the host instead of just hogging nutrients from the bloodstream (since that's what other parasites of that nature do).

DragonLady
                  "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                    ...To make their minds more suited to ascension or something
                    Now you're getting it!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                      What's lewl ? And it's Goa'uld!!!! Not G'ould, not Gua'uld!!!!
                      Thank you!

I am tired of people screwing it up. The Goa'uld are the BEST enemy Stargate has ever had.
                      Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                      Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

The Pegasus galaxy seems to be where quite a few things that ended up in the Milky Way originated.

We've already seen the Pegasus replicators.

These aquatic parasites could serve as a way to get factions from SG-1 involved in the pegasus adventure. Tok'ra and Jaffa would be interested in these things if they do turn out to be related to Goa'uld.

Maybe there is a Goa'uld cousin out there that evolved from these exact same things and carries symbiotic/parasitic relationships with sentient species in a different kind of way than the Goa'uld or Tok'ra.

Comment

I don't think so, they only relation they have to the Goa'uld is that they are internal parasites and thats a category shared by most internal parasites. They also did not seem to share any characteristics with one another. A Goa'uld are somewhat larger serpentine creatures that penetrate the neck of a host or go through the mouth in order to take over the host body and demonstrate a high level of intelligence.

Contrast this with the Second Childhood parasite which is a very small mass of tendrils that grow in the host body to the point that it slowly kills it as it grows throughout the nervous system. It also shows no form of higher intelligence and seems to be somewhat simple in its thinking which is to infect a host and grow.

So.. no similarities between the two anymore then an Unas being distant cousins to Humanity or the bugs from SG-1's Bane episode being related to the Iratus bug or the parasite from that planet Morgan le Fay visited in SG-1 which infected the brains of the user causing them to sleep and die being related to the Second Childhood parasite.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                          X