Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SciFi Channel - SG1 moves to 8pm, SGA moves to 9pm???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Channel - SG1 moves to 8pm, SGA moves to 9pm???

Again, looking at the intitial SciFi Channel schedule for January, it appears that "Stargate Atlantis" is moving to 9pm, with repeats at Midnight.

The new "Battlestar Galactica" tv series will premiere on Friday, Jan. 14th at 9pm (with a repeat at 11:30), and will take over the 10pm time slot on Jan. 21 with repeats at 1am.

Because this is an initial schedule, it's hard to tell where Stargate SG-1 is being moved to, but my best guess at this point is 8pm, with repeats at 11pm.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Excuse me for my denseness, but wasn't that how it was before? Or am I thinking in Central Time not in Eastern Time?

Hey, doesn't it kind of seem like I'm stalking you or something? Hehehe.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Excuse me for my denseness, but wasn't that how it was before? Or am I thinking in Central Time not in Eastern Time?

Hey, doesn't it kind of seem like I'm stalking you or something? Hehehe.

Oh my gosh...that explains the trampled hedges and the fingerprints on the windows...

Ahem.

Yes, I think you're thinking of Central Time.

SG1 airs at 9 and SGA at 10 currently...

Looks like it will be changing in the near future.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh man, I like the way it is now. I could watch Joan of Arcadia and then switch over for SG1 and SGA.

Kes
        * old fuddy-duddy who doesn't like change *
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Moving SG1 from 9 EST to 8EST is the worst possible thing SciFi could do for several reasons:

a) when networks start moving series around, it shows they've lost respect for a show - remember the CBS debacle of moving Murder, She Wrote? They just wanted it killed 'cause it's audience (large though it was) was not their desired demographic (young), so they moved the show. And it was gone within a year, I believe.

b) moving a show's time is the kiss of death from a network; they only monkey with it if ratings are dropping. Not the case with SG1, so what's SciFi's problem? Which leads to point c:

c) they are going to frost out SG1 fans who are already not too keen on SGA for the very reason that SciFi and SGA producers are manipulating to the nth degree loyal SG1 fans to try to twist them into liking the spinoff whatever way possible. e.g. what happened to SG1's end credits for the last several 1st run S8 episodes? Now casual fans who know to tune in Fridays at 9 for SG1 will stumble across Atlantis having already missed SG1 - does the network really think SG1 fans won't be able to tell that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are nowhere and that the Stargate itself looks funny?

d) they're putting it opposite Joan of Arcadia, a network hit that has significant crossover appeal with the SG1 audience -- and is 6 years newer! Casual SG1 fans may choose to go with the newer show than the old standby and wait to catch SG1 in reruns -- if they can find them wherever SciFi decides to put them!

I certainly do hope these schedules are not yet set in stone. This is very suspicious behavior considering we haven't had official renewal word on either SG series yet. It really doesn't bode well for SG1. It looks to me like:

e) they're really trying to kill SG1's second half of S8 ratings so they don't have to renew for the money guys, who are still happy with its continued good ratings.

Bleh.

hrh

Comment

It did seem kind of silly to me for them to air a rerun in prime time and then get to the new programing. This actually makes sense to me and I don't really see it as a sign of disrespect. I hate to see anything against Joan either BTW. We'll just have to tape the rerun later in the evening.

Comment

I'm confused. I thought that SG-1 and Atlantis were resuming on Jan. 14th. If Battlestar Galactica is also starting on Jan. 14th and at 9:00 then when are SG-1 and Atlantis airing on that night?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                I'm confused. I thought that SG-1 and Atlantis were resuming on Jan. 14th. If Battlestar Galactica is also starting on Jan. 14th and at 9:00 then when are SG-1 and Atlantis airing on that night?
                They aren't. They're not on the schedule. Most likely Scifi will do a two-hour BSG in the hopes of getting more viewers, they resume SG1 (at 8pm), SGA (9pm) and most likely, BSG (10pm)

Comment

If SG-1 moves to 8pm that also puts it up against Enterprise on UPN. Frell!
                  Slainte
                  "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Damn that sounds awesome! NEW BSG! NEW SG1! NEW SGA! The only problem is that I will be seeing ST:E at 8, then SG1 at 11pm.

BUT NEW BSG!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                      If SG-1 moves to 8pm that also puts it up against Enterprise on UPN. Frell!
                      Few shows will overlap because SG-1 is off-season. So when Enterprise is in repeats SG-1 will air new episodes. And common now... SG-1 v. Enterprise.. there is a doubt over the winner?

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                        Moving SG1 from 9 EST to 8EST is the worst possible thing SciFi could do for several reasons:

a) when networks start moving series around, it shows they've lost respect for a show - remember the CBS debacle of moving Murder, She Wrote? They just wanted it killed 'cause it's audience (large though it was) was not their desired demographic (young), so they moved the show. And it was gone within a year, I believe.

b) moving a show's time is the kiss of death from a network; they only monkey with it if ratings are dropping. Not the case with SG1, so what's SciFi's problem? Which leads to point c:

hrh
                        I totally disagree and if you want a kiss of death it would have been switching networks...but Stargate has done better...I like the idea of SG-1 starting at 7pm(Central) then Atlantis and then BSG...my wife will kill me but hey what a lineup...I always hated waiting through that hour and if I am not mistaken Andromeda is toast so they just moved everything down an hour...sounds great to me! But thats just my opinion

Comment

If RDA is in it, will watch it at anytime, anywhere. Would follow it to the ends of the earth. Even with just 4 eps in it.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                            Few shows will overlap because SG-1 is off-season. So when Enterprise is in repeats SG-1 will air new episodes. And common now... SG-1 v. Enterprise.. there is a doubt over the winner?
                            There will be some overlap.
                            And, yes, there might well be some doubt over the winner. Enterprise is doing better under Manny Coto, and there are lots of people that like both SG-1 and Enterprise.
                            Slainte
                            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Maybe this is a sign.....

Maybe, hopefully, this is the last half of the series for SG-1, annd they are moving Atlantis to the 9pm slot to take the place of SG-1.

Manny Coto is God, never underesimate what the man can do.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X