Where was Zelenka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was Zelenka?

Anybody else notice that David Nykl was credited as guest starring (in the on screen credits, I mean), but didn't seem to show up? Did they cut his scene at the last minute or something?
    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
    Anybody else notice that David Nykl was credited as guest starring (in the on screen credits, I mean), but didn't seem to show up? Did they cut his scene at the last minute or something?
    I'm assuming some of his scenes were cut, yes, but he does appear, just for a second, when they're getting ready to go into the jumper. John asks him "Is Rodney ready to go?" and Zelenka replies "Yes" at which point John is stopped by Woolsey, and Woolsey says his whole "If he actually recovers, tell Rodney good bye for me"

Hope that helps

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
    Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Actually that's incorrect, it was Robert Picardo/Woolsey that replied "yes" when John asked "is Rodney on board?". It may have been Zelenka coming down the stairs, I couldn't tell, but if so he never said anything.

I'm presuming he had a scene which was cut, which is a damn shame because all through the episode I couldn't stop thinking that if this was the end for Rodney and he was saying his goodbyes, then Zalenka should have been amongst them in some way as well. Cutting him out definitely left a gap in this episode in my opinion, and I'm at a loss to explain why they didn't, at the very least, have Zelenka in the room during certain scenes.

Comment

Zelinka should have made the trip to the Shrine, for sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

I was so sorry he didn´t say good-bye as well. They seem to underuse Radek lately. He usually only appears somewhere and disappears again.

And it´s Zelenka, not Zelinka, Zalenka, Zelanka or whatever.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw him go by on the stairs, just a brief glimpse. But yes, I was waiting for a scene with him and Rodney! There should have been something, especially since he would have had to take over Rodney's job.

Comment

I could have swarn I saw him walk down the stairs in the Gateroom.

And I echo previous statements that Zelenka would have been great to see. I mean the episode was great, but if everyone was saying goodbye, Radek should have been there as well.
              Rush rocks.

Comment

i thought i saw him walking by in a scene, possibly his scene might have been deleted due to time constraints.

Comment

He was there for a brief second. He was going down the stairs.
                  Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                  Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

At least he should have been with some of the Goodbye moments and rodney should have said "Goodbye Radek"

Comment

While I agree Radek would have gone to the Shrine, had he, Jeanie wouldn't have been able to be the save the day girl by fixing the life signs reader. I'm not sayin' it's right, that's just what I imagine the logic would have been of TPTBs to keep him on Atlantis.
                      sigpic

Comment

I really wished Carson Becket showed up, Isn't he Rodney's best friend and One of the Best doctors the SGC has?

Comment

Actually, Simple Rodney having a little moment where he refers to Zelenka as his 'friend' would have been a nice, touching moment. They have a Dr. Cox/Dr. Dorian kind of relationship. (Wait, has Rodney ever admitted this or thrown Dr. Z a bone? I have a very vague memory of something like that happening, maybe in The Tao of Rodney...)

Too bad we probably won't get to see any deleted scenes. Maybe on the DVD if we make enough stink. MAN, I wish they would do extended editions of the episodes on DVD. Time constraints can really hurt an episode, and DVD is the perfect way to correct those little inadequacies.
                          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

I actually swung by with the intent of making this thread, but I see my work has been done for me. I really think a perpetual sore spot for me will be that there wasn't time to include a scene between Rodney and Radek.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                            X