This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe full story arc revealed

Pilot... Dr Rodney McKay is running excitedly round the SGC. He's finally discovered another chevron hidden under the ramp "who the hell put that bloody ramp there?" he demands.

He dials a nine-digit address and it locks. A team is assembled, a big one with all sorts of equipment being bundled into the gate room. The team is given a go and its leader gives a very moving speech saying this might well be a one way trip. Apprehensively, they step through into darkness.

On the other side they discover they're in this ship thing that can't stop, can't slow down and can't turn around. They've brought the best minds in engineering and astrophysics with them, but some idiot forgot to pack a spanner! They're stuck.

They soon come across a planet the ship is seeding a Stargate on. They take a shuttle down to investigate... yes this ship has never had a single crew member, it was designed that way, but still has crew quarters and a shuttle bay.

On the planet they discover an enigmatic alien, possibly two of them, who are fighting a great enemy. The enemy has lumps on their heads and is split into sects that are all fighting with each other over water. One sect is proving tremendously powerful as they control a spanner, the one way the team can get home!

The team is so hooked on duty and running about a Canadian-looking forest with guns they they defeat the enemy, losing the spanner forever at the bottom of a lake. The other enemy sects vow to take revenge on them for losing the spanner and declare war.

The enigmatic alien(s) are invited to join the crew. There's no real reason for doing so but they seem like interesting people so, what the hell!

Mid season one... They find a way to get a garbled message to the SGC on Earth. The SGC are able to send a garbled message back a few episodes later.

Season two... they discover a ZPM that enables them to gate back to Earth and start building a new gate bridge by periodically chucking a spare stargate out of an airlock.

Season three... not just one, but three new alien baddies are introduced and the cast undergoes radical changes as the SGC, now in regular contact with the team decides that everybody deserves a holiday and replaces the entire crew.

Season four... the crew makes a pact with an unstoppable cyborg race and rescues one of their kind. Taking the components off her face they discover that she's really quite a hottie.

Season seven... facing extinction in the depths of darkest space, the crew in the future go back in time to help themselves get home. The leave the ship on its course. In the final scene the camera zooms into a cargo hold and there, sat innocently on the floor in a corner sits... a spanner!

Haha

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Sounds fun. I'd definitely watch if to have a good laugh every week.
      sigpic

Comment

exactly what i do not want to see but know will happen . they will pick up some dull uninteresting alien or aliens. just like teyla

Comment

now that would be fun

Comment

GOLD!!

I'll watch that. Hell, I'd FUND that show! lol

althought it'll be even better, if in Season 3's cliffhanger finale they come under attack from Replicators...

...made out of Spanners.
            Last edited by Dimbo_Sama; 23 August 2008, 03:00 AM. Reason: typo

"Say goodbye to your sanity!"

Spoiler:

Mollari: Isn't it ironic? When I first came to Babylon 5 I had all the choices in the world, and no power at all... now I have all the power I could ever want... and no choice... no choice...

Mollari: It was something my father said. I was just a boy... and I heard him, crying in his room. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "My shoes are too tight... but it does not matter... because I have forgotten how to dance..." ...I never understood that until now... now... my shoes are too tight... and I have forgotten how to dance...
            Vir: I don't understand...
            Mollari: ...nor should you...

Comment

A note about the alien baddies. These will have to be played by the same team of stuntmen who are good at falling over and dying because they've had plenty of practice through being Wraith. As the alien baddies are all humans with a different pattern of bumps on the head the fans will soon start to recognise them. This results in an 'All Stuntmen Thunk Thread' where we can talk about which stuntmen always look hot no matter what colour their faces are painted.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeaspatrick View Post

They soon come across a planet the ship is seeding a Stargate on. They take a shuttle down to investigate... yes this ship has never had a single crew member, it was designed that way, but still has crew quarters and a shuttle bay.
                Hate to be a nit picker but they're not on the Stargate seeding ship, they're on a second ship sent the explore the planets the first ship went to.
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                  Hate to be a nit picker but they're not on the Stargate seeding ship, they're on a second ship sent the explore the planets the first ship went to.
                  This is far too sensible for the story arc suggested in the opening post.
                  sigpic

Comment

at least it gets to 7 seasons

Comment

Im taking it a lot of people are not getting the full gyst of his voyager-based sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by deagletime View Post
                        Im taking it a lot of people are not getting the full gyst of his voyager-based sarcasm
                        There are a number of differences to Voyager. There isn't a sweet little girl who was born on the ship or the hologram of an Ancient who becomes a fully fledged crew member. To get the full effect of Voyager we also need some of the regular cast members from SG1 and SGA playing lead alien guest characters because bumps on the head mean we won't recognise them. Finally, one group of alien baddies must have bad hair days every day and wear clothes which look like they came from a Mad Max jumble sale. Even though they come across as aggressive morons they still have ships with hyperdrives so they keep turning up everywhere for an entire season. Everyone (both main characters and viewers) is very relieved when our heroes' ship finally reaches a part of the universe which the bad hair aliens haven't got to yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mikeaspatrick View Post

Season three... not just one, but three new alien baddies are introduced and the cast undergoes radical changes as the SGC, now in regular contact with the team decides that everybody deserves a holiday and replaces the entire crew.
                          Now why does this sound familiar ...
                          Wow, thanks for ruining my day and canceling SGA, Sci-Fi. Not even McKay can make me feel better now

Comment

wtf is a spanner?

Go Green

Comment

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X