This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth's role for Stargate Universe

When SGA first started, many people compare to Star Trek voyage because they lost contact with Earth and must take care themselve.

St Voy was not show people want to be compare with ,Voyage could have done better,For me it was O.K,but the Voyage were never stop,some alien or place were introduce but it wish i could know them a bit better.But Voyage were restablish contact with Earth is the last one or two season.

If Stargate Universe is setting on a ship ,with no way to return to Earth, then are they alone and must fend fro themselve or can they contact Earth ?
    Maybe only Earth can open up an incomming worm hole so they can exchange message, and we can have guest appearance from SG1 and SGA only as Asgard hologam, we saw Baal projecting his hologam to SGC .

When SGA reconnect with Earth, we got guest star from SG1, visit to crew family on Earth, new supply of weapon and resource, and Earth 's interference like replacing Leadership,or other personnel.

If the show is about getting new audiance and appeal to border base audiance.Then contact with Earth should keep at minimum so new audiance doesn't require watching the last decade of Stargate episode.But i still like a bit of Earth connection like Earth will know what they learnt rom their voyage,and may be one a while someone from SG1 or SGA will have a guest appearance.May be new crew from Earth will show up to replace the dead crewmen .

The dead crewman will always be replaced
    This isn't Atlantis?
    I don't think so.
    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

It should be extremely limited. It'll probably be in the two-hour movie, but after that, it shouldn't be brought into the story for some time, I mean, no communication, anything. In season two, they can start having some communications but with the way its set up, it's unlikely SGC will send anyone else thru when they realize what the situation is.

Comment

From the way things are said, it seems Earth will have no role beyond the premiere episodes. It seems they want to name it Stargate, have it be about the Ancients and about Stargates but it won't touch the established Stargate franchise.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I kinda hope the show is 2 separate shows in one..

Like half is based on the ship and the other half is in the SGC

Kinda like they did with Atlantis Season1 and SG1 Season8..
          if you get my drift..
          Atlantis was trying to get home and SG1 was trying to get to atlantis (like in the episode we got Vala for the first time)

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
            The dead crewman will always be replaced
            Even if it's people from other planets they come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
              I kinda hope the show is 2 separate shows in one..

Like half is based on the ship and the other half is in the SGC

Kinda like they did with Atlantis Season1 and SG1 Season8..
              if you get my drift..
              Atlantis was trying to get home and SG1 was trying to get to atlantis (like in the episode we got Vala for the first time)
              What if Earth launches a ship of its own to try to find and rescue the team that went onboard the Destiny?

Imagine a parallel story every episode, half involving the team onboard the Destiny, and another on the Earth ship trying to find it. Both crews will have to fend for themselves, get their own supplies, fight their own enemies (or the Earth ship can fight the enemy that the Destiny crew made in previous episodes), etc. etc.

Comment

I'm hoping there won't be any contact with Earth at all, and I think that's what's going to happen. A few scenes of what Earth is doing to find them wouldn't hurt though.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  What if Earth launches a ship of its own to try to find and rescue the team that went onboard the Destiny?

Imagine a parallel story every episode, half involving the team onboard the Destiny, and another on the Earth ship trying to find it. Both crews will have to fend for themselves, get their own supplies, fight their own enemies (or the Earth ship can fight the enemy that the Destiny crew made in previous episodes), etc. etc.
                  somehow i don't think there gonna be able catch up with them, remember this ship left the milky way galexy (our galexy) millions of years ago. i think its safe to say that its out of range of our ships even with the galatic hyperdrive,

Comment

Originally posted by lwf View Post
                    somehow i don't think there gonna be able catch up with them, remember this ship left the milky way galexy (our galexy) millions of years ago. i think its safe to say that its out of range of our ships even with the galatic hyperdrive,
                    It never said it left are galaxy , it was stated that the Ancients built the Destiny Millions of years before Atlantis was built ... Could be that this ship was build in some other galaxy or some where else ...

Comment

Ah, but who knows what we may find on the way?

Comment

No person travel and mayby sporadic one way communication like in that atlantis episode by the end of season 2

Comment

Working...
                        X